What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Reply
Unread 01-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #361
scotimus75
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia beach, Va
Posts: 70
Have folks used the Tread Lightly affiliate program? Does it only work with what is on the dealer lot, or can it be used when building a jeep to order?

__________________
Khaki WK Club Member #22

"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."
scotimus75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #362
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced
 
ColdCase's Avatar
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 3,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotimus75 View Post
Have folks used the Tread Lightly affiliate program? Does it only work with what is on the dealer lot, or can it be used when building a jeep to order?
Lots of folks here have used it, will work on any vehicle at a participating dealer (I don't know of a dealer that doesn't participate) . You just need the affiliate code.
__________________
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6, 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #363
scotimus75
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia beach, Va
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Lots of folks here have used it, will work on any vehicle at a participating dealer (I don't know of a dealer that doesn't participate) . You just need the affiliate code.
awesome thanks! do I need to tell them i'm using the tread lightly program before or after I order a GC that I want? I didn't mention it when I was test driving yesterday and the sales person seemed to think there would be no way I'd get less then MSRP, as a matter of fact in my area they all show a "market adjustment" of 1200 over MSRP which seems incredibly ridiculous.
__________________
Khaki WK Club Member #22

"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."
scotimus75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 01:27 PM   #364
loveracing1988
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotimus75 View Post

awesome thanks! do I need to tell them i'm using the tread lightly program before or after I order a GC that I want? I didn't mention it when I was test driving yesterday and the sales person seemed to think there would be no way I'd get less then MSRP, as a matter of fact in my area they all show a "market adjustment" of 1200 over MSRP which seems incredibly ridiculous.
You would tell them as part of your negotiations. The fact that they aren't willing to deal at all beforehand would be very concerning though.
loveracing1988 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #365
ferntree
Member
 
ferntree's Avatar
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Cod via Sydney Australia, MA
Posts: 149
Just ordered ours and I found that the Truecar price was way better than using the Treadlightly discount.
__________________
2014 Overland Oiler, ORII, Granite/Indigo Blue, Mopar rock rails - oh yeah!!
In Oz storage: 1995 much modded twin turbo Maserati - oh nooo!!

Officer, these handcuffs are tight!
Just relax, they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while....
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #366
scotimus75
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia beach, Va
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferntree View Post
Just ordered ours and I found that the Truecar price was way better than using the Treadlightly discount.
I didn't realize you could use Truecar and still order exactly what you want, thought you were stuck with with whatever is on the lot.

My wants are pretty simple: Limited, 4wd, Diesel/Luxury package, tow package. that's it. trying to decide on which color though. Think I'm torn between the steel metallic and the black forest green.
__________________
Khaki WK Club Member #22

"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."
scotimus75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #367
AnalyzeThis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: TriMetro, NY
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotimus75 View Post
awesome thanks! do I need to tell them i'm using the tread lightly program before or after I order a GC that I want? I didn't mention it when I was test driving yesterday and the sales person seemed to think there would be no way I'd get less then MSRP, as a matter of fact in my area they all show a "market adjustment" of 1200 over MSRP which seems incredibly ridiculous.
So how exactly did you not laugh out loud? Seriously though, that is ridiculous.

I'm under the impression that by early May (maybe sooner), Honda will unveil their new Pilot, which will take a lot of traffic away from the Jeep dealers, and probably begin the Factory incentives. Just an opinion of course.

FYI I had an offer of $44k for an Overland 4x4. While it is not in your area, I would certainly take a 12 hour drive for a difference of $4,000 (47,000 + 1,200 - 44,000)
AnalyzeThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #368
scotimus75
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia beach, Va
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
So how exactly did you not laugh out loud? Seriously though, that is ridiculous.

I'm under the impression that by early May (maybe sooner), Honda will unveil their new Pilot, which will take a lot of traffic away from the Jeep dealers, and probably begin the Factory incentives. Just an opinion of course.

FYI I had an offer of $44k for an Overland 4x4. While it is not in your area, I would certainly take a 12 hour drive for a difference of $4,000 (47,000 + 1,200 - 44,000)
Oh I did. I saw that added on the window and said to a friend of mine that they were out of their friggin minds. My parents live about an hour north of philly i've thought about seeing what's available in that area too, though I do like the idea of just ordering what I want.
__________________
Khaki WK Club Member #22

"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."
scotimus75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #369
fun2drive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Niceville, Florida
Posts: 80
There are two group buys going on one in DC and the other in Houston.
Pretty good deals, the Houston deal you need the affiliate Tread Lightly program at the 100 buck level to get the 5.5% off invoice.
Seems like south Ca and Atlanta dealers are much more willing to negotiate than others...
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #370
scotimus75
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia beach, Va
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
There are two group buys going on one in DC and the other in Houston.
Pretty good deals, the Houston deal you need the affiliate Tread Lightly program at the 100 buck level to get the 5.5% off invoice.
Seems like south Ca and Atlanta dealers are much more willing to negotiate than others...
Houston would be a bit of a drive but if it's a good price I'm all for it. DC is only 4 hours or so away. What all is involved? Who do I need to talk to?
__________________
Khaki WK Club Member #22

"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."
scotimus75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:02 AM   #371
HaydenHunter
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hayden, ID
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotimus75 View Post
there would be no way I'd get less then MSRP, as a matter of fact in my area they all show a "market adjustment" of 1200 over MSRP which seems incredibly ridiculous.
I thought the days of "packing" the sticker price with an arbitrary dealer add-on were long past. I guess things are different along the East Coast. Out west, there are plenty of dealers willing to sharpen the pencil. We bought our JGC in November for about $4K off of MSRP and the dealer threw in for free a couple hundred worth of accessories (mud flaps, rubber mats) that they had added. We even left the lot with a full tank of gas.

I think if I saw an inflated sticker price I would turn, walk and never grace that dealer's doorway again.
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #372
Vantage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 12
You guys are lucky in the USA.

I have been shopping for a GC here in Vancouver Canada. Nearly every shop has a 4,000 markup over MRSP. The one dealership I was talkin to thought they were giving me a deal saving me $3000, which was still $1000 over MRSP.

The base Laredo starts at 40,000! All Canadian models are $9,000 more than in the USA. We also don't have the options you guys down south get.
Vantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 08:30 AM   #373
scotimus75
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia beach, Va
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenHunter View Post
I thought the days of "packing" the sticker price with an arbitrary dealer add-on were long past. I guess things are different along the East Coast. Out west, there are plenty of dealers willing to sharpen the pencil. We bought our JGC in November for about $4K off of MSRP and the dealer threw in for free a couple hundred worth of accessories (mud flaps, rubber mats) that they had added. We even left the lot with a full tank of gas.

I think if I saw an inflated sticker price I would turn, walk and never grace that dealer's doorway again.
Yeah apparently not. I bought my last vehicle there, which was a 2011 Durango, but it was the day before new years eve and I ended up with a price below invoice without even using the Tread Lightly deal. I guess it's all about timing. Apparently things at that dealership have changed since I was last there. I like that dealer because you get life time oil changes and state inspections when you purchase a new vehicle through them. When I test drove the diesel the salesmen did confirm that it also applies to the diesel. Some folks I had talked to thought the dealership wouldn't offer that with a diesel for some reason.
__________________
Khaki WK Club Member #22

"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."
scotimus75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #374
function12
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 12
New to the forum. First Jeep. Just got a 2014 GC Summit 4X4 Diesel. Sticker was $57680. I don't think there was any other options we could have got. I got for $52960. I think we did OK. I also got the 7/100 zero deductible warranty for $2800.

Last edited by function12; 01-22-2014 at 09:38 AM..
function12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #375
shanhuber
Registered User
2014  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: lakeville
Posts: 106
For the DC deal, talk to Nader at Koons Jeep. For the Texas deal, PM, and I can send you the dealer info. The DC deal is slightly better, but has more fees involved, so in the end, it is within a couple of hundred bucks of the Texas deal.
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.