Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

363K views 1K replies 392 participants last post by  scony 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am in the market for a 2014 GC, most likely I will be going with the Overland since I have to have those new lights :p I have my financing secured and just need to find the car now. Since this model is just out this month, its hard finding comparable figures. I wanted to start this thread to help future owners out in obtaining the best price and locating a dealer that is wiling to deal. please post up what you are quoted so we can find the best dealers from around the country. I should be able to post my first quotes up this afternoon.

thanks all for your help, together we can save future owners a few bucks on their next new Jeep.

#926 ·
Is this math correct for the Houston Group Buy:

Invoice: $46,595 (This is the base price + options correct?)
Group Buy Discount (5.5%): -$2,562
Destination: +$995

Total: $45,028 + TTL

Thanks.
You must also b including Offrd Adv I, right?

#928 ·
And so now the final piece of the puzzle is known, Nav....:rolleyes:

Yes, math is good but don't forget the $100 to join Tread Lightly to be fair. Still a great deal. I hear cali is pretty competitive, probably the reason no sizeable group buy has been arranged, to my knowledge. Personally I had done a long distance group buy only because I felt neutral to negative about any relationships I had or could have with a local dealer servicing dept. so I would go work a deal at the dealer whose service department I was most comfortable with, undervalued in today's world and should not be forgotten.....just sayin :)

Invoice: $46,595 (This is the base price + options correct?)
Group Buy Discount (5.5%): -$2,562
Destination: +$995

Total: $45,028 + TTL

#929 ·
newbie here, I am looking for anyone with recommendations for a NJ/PA dealership. I can buy a 14' or wait for 15 so no rush.

Also, on the Tread lightly program, do any rebates count on top of the program? I have a corporate purchase plan but it only offers 1% below Invoice.

Are there any group deals in the NJ area? Not too keen on the idea of driving down to DC but that deal is rather good.

BTW- Flemington Jeep is showing 2, 2015 Altitudes in stock....

Help is appreciated! This is a great site with a lot of good content.

#930 ·
Your corp program sounds like "affiliate" pricing which is what TL is....yes, most rebates can also b used as well...I used Houston group and also got the chrysler compet lease conquest $1k on top.... U might look into Costco, USAA or Truecar as they often get u to 2-4% below invoice depending.....

#935 · (Edited)
Got a quote yesterday, seems pretty good but..

2014 Overland:
"MSRP on the vehicle you selected is $49630 invoice is $47194 so the affiliate price is $46722 plus a $75 fee less $1750 rebate bringing us to $45047 plus tax, motor vehicle and documentation. Hope this helps clarify how we arrived at the numbers."

w2k shows
1,776 for Adv'd tech pkg
45,716 as the dealer invoice (plus delivery)
1750 rebate
75 fee
44,041 (plus delivery)
45,036 total

what I don't see is the reduction for the affiliate price. 1% isn't much but its still ~$457.00

THOUGHTS??

Can anyone confirm the "dealer invoice cost" on this? I can provide the VIN if helpful. I have requested the dealer invoice.

#936 ·
Got a quote yesterday, seems pretty good but..

2014 Overland:
"MSRP on the vehicle you selected is $49630 invoice is $47194 so the affiliate price is $46722 plus a $75 fee less $1750 rebate bringing us to $45047 plus tax, motor vehicle and documentation. Hope this helps clarify how we arrived at the numbers."

w2k shows
1,776 for Adv'd tech pkg
45,716 as the dealer invoice (plus delivery)
1750 rebate
75 fee
44,041 (plus delivery)
45,036 total

what I don't see is the reduction for the affiliate price. 1% isn't much but its still ~$457.00

THOUGHTS??

Can anyone confirm the "dealer invoice cost" on this? I can provide the VIN if helpful. I have requested the dealer invoice.
Try this math...Looks like that rig has the CD player...

w2k shows (invoice)
+1,776 for Adv'd tech pkg
+ 396 CD player
--------
46,112 Total dealer invoice (plus delivery)
- 461 Affiliate 1%
-1,750 Rebates
+ 75 Fee
+ 995 Delivery (Destination)
--------
$44,971 Net Cost + TTL

IMHO, their invoice price is off (deliv in)....$46,112+995=$47,107 not $47,194...I match their MSRP exactly but invoice is high by $87....rice grains :cool:

Just curious what rebates you are getting for $1750 as jeep dot com shows not purchase rebates for your zip....

also, not to rain on your parade but you may want to ponder getting a rig with the CD...it's useless and robs very useful storage space, so says those who have it.....just something to consider....it was actually the reason I ordered mine and for some silly reason the dealers keep ordering them with CD's :confused:

#937 ·
THANKS! they sent over the invoice this AM, and you are correct on the CD player. I totally missed that. AND, I don't want it :). The invoice also has a $27.00 charge for gas and some kind of NJ tax for $60.00 I don't really know if I want the Adv'd package but if anyone has any experience with it, I would be interested to hear opinions.

I was also wondering about the rebate as I couldn't find one for the area either but I'm not going to complain about it :)

#938 ·
THANKS! they sent over the invoice this AM, and you are correct on the CD player. I totally missed that. AND, I don't want it :). I don't really know if I want the Adv'd package but if anyone has any experience with it, I would be interested to hear opinions.

I was also wondering about the rebate as I couldn't find one for the area either but I'm not going to complain about it :)
Take the rebate like you stole it and use it to pay for the Adv Tech Pkg! :thumbsup:

Seriously, do not pass go, do not collect $200, go straight to Adv Tech Pkg, sans the CD! :2thumbsup:

I was in the group of "more crap to go schizo" until I started driving with it. Wow, I don't know how anyone drives distance or in traffic without adaptive cruise control. It isn't the end-all but man hugely useful plus the other things it gets like blind-spot and collision.

#940 ·
Hmm, well, my 20 cents is that if you are not a "grinder" negotiator and that is what dealers are giving around you then, 1% below invoice cannot be considered a bad deal. But since you are asking I sense you may be looking for a bit more confirmation of a good deal, it's only natural.

Try this...the best deals generally are thru the Internet team....go to this dealers website (or other dealers you like) and find one you like in stock and see what their "internet" or "special price is". That price is your very close to your best deal from that dealer.

Don't forget to read the fine print at the bottom of the web page as they often say destination ($995) and possibly other fees (beside the always TTL extra) are not included.

#941 ·
OK, I am fine with a good and fair price from a dealer like this who is reputable and will be there to service my car after the deal. I am not looking to squeeze the last $50 dollars out of them. I will go back and ask for a bit more off if they want to sell the car now. Otherwise, I will let them know I will go to the street on the deal. He clearly listed all costs so there's no surprises. I am used to buying a different brand of car that I am well-versed in but this is a different breed.

#942 ·
A good gambit is to angle for free 2 yrs oil changes or something like that if you aren't DIY type. Nice little cherry on top. :)

#945 ·
Finndog said:
thanks man, So do you think this is a fair and decent deal? I do like that Steel and vesuvio......
I bought the exact same vehicle minus the advanced tech package for $44,196 ..... You are basically getting the advanced tech package at 50% off ...

Good deal...btw...I have never use the CD player except once to check that it worked. My iPod does the music!

#948 ·
Eastbayguy said:
Yep, the car market is competitive, but 9% CA sale tax is killing any price advantage that we got!
I live in the east bay as well and bought 2014 limited 4x4
Sunroof
NAV
Tow
20inch rims/ tires
$43k out the door and that price included are crazy 9% tax and almost $400 dmv fees!

I was happy. I bought it at walnut creek. Live in Pleasanton.

#953 ·
Longtime lurker while shopping; now new Jeep owner and first post:

2014 Overland V6
Max Steel over black int.
Advanced Tech Pack

$44,425 (including destination) OTD

No sales tax in Oregon (but the property tax on the driveway it's parked in are a b***h!)
5% below invoice! Nice job :)

#962 ·
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4 with EcoDiesel/8 speed drivetrain. Options: ORAII; Luxury Group II; Tow group IV; block heater (because I wanted this, I had to factory order - weird for a diesel); CD player.

$46,491, plus $385 maintenance plan and taxes for OTD total of $50,532. Add to that license fees in Colorado (and warrantee - see below). This was with the Chrysler Affiliates Rewards program for which I qualified through my employer. Total OTD cost (less my $500 down for the factory order) was financed through ChryslerCapital for 3 years, 0% interest.

At delivery, I also bought the lifetime, unlimited mile, extended warrantee for $2,370, for which I'm still haggling with the dealer who, a month after purchase, said they sold me in error, as Mopar will not do the lifetime warrantee on diesels - only gas motors. They have offered a 7 year / 60,000mile warrantee for $1,485 instead. Any thoughts or guidance on the warrantee situation appreciated (i.e. continue to fight for what I was sold, do the7yr/60k, get my $ back and buy some accessories??). I'm not one to go for extended warrantees, but the lifetime deal originally offered seemed sweet, and now I'm convincing myself that 7 years without having to worry about any repair bills on a first model year diesel is worth $41 a month…

#963 ·
sduff said:
Great job! I only went to two dealers, should have went to more and waited longer. However, I was able to get the exterior and interior color the wife wanted, not always able to do that when you wait. Still got a decent deal too. Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I waited three months...I wanted True blue, black interior, 20 rims, tow, NAV...When one finally came at the one dealership I was happy the other guy did not call me since I was going to get white. Only drawback was it came with frost interior but my wife loves it! I picker her car a 2013 Focus Titanium loaded to the hilt so it was a trade off since she has the black interior and white exterior. The key is to wait and get what you want but be flexible on colors. I have not seen a blue jeep in My area of the Bay Area/ SF yet.

#965 ·
sduff said:
Normally I am flexibe on color, especially to get a exceptional deal. This time I was trying to get the wife exactly what she wanted, I also didn't want to wait too long. According to True Car and Edmunds I did well, so I am happy with with no buyers remorse at all. Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I hear you. It seems on truecar which I used I got an awesome deal. The prices though have gone up so I am happy too.

#966 ·
Truecar is also regional pricing so it can vary widely. I could only get 2% below invoice on Truecar around NE Ohio but I know parts of Cali get 5% below invoice all day long on Truecar.

#968 ·
That is why when I did Truecar I used my Zipand my Zip in Los Angeles where I work. I live in NorCal but have a place down South so it was a toss up. In the end I wanted local but the dealership in Pleasanton snoozed. Plus, I don't mind going to Walnut Creek. The Cadillac dealership is next door and has me eying the CTS. I felt good about what I paid...Actually great but paying it all cash was the hard part..The Focus Titanium Hatch was cash too and I got a great deal.

I used KBB and TrueCar and also thought they use rebates on back end. I wanted it fair for everyone being in sales myself.

When I was looking a year earlier, someone blew me off in South San Francisco when I started gauging best offers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.