What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-10-2014, 10:42 PM   #316
vgrift
2014 WK 

I bought my Jeep on a rebound. I ordered a 2014 Ford Explorer from MCcafferty Ford in Langhorne pa. After waiting 8 weeks for the truck & calling every few days after the 6th week & being told it was "In transit", I finally went to the dealership. My salesman met me at the door & told me that they were really sorry, but the truck had come in the day before, & as it came off the carrier another salesman sold it to a customer who was admiring it. He said that they would "try" to find me another truck. He had nothing to say when I asked if the other salesman nor the manager noticed the words "Special Order" on the sticker. I got my mandatory $500 deposit check back, went right across the street to Reedman-Toll Chrysler/Jeep & drove out with my 2014 JGC Limited in dark cherry. Msrp-$40,875, I got it for $38,783. With all the electric gizmos on it, I got the extended warranty for another$1568. So altogether the OTD price with tax/tags & ext warranty was $42992.06 Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I also got 4 years of free oil & filter changes that I can get whenever I want. I don`t have to adhere to only when the manual states to get it changed, so I`m going to get the first one at 1,000mi. Another thing they did was to activate the nav on my Uconnect for free instead of the $599 normal charge. So all in all, I don`t think I got a bad deal, & others have told me that the GC is a better vehicle than the Explorer. We`ll see.

vgrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #317
Charski9

Hi vgrift - I activated the UConnect on my Overland and it was free. There is also a 1 year subscription to Sirius radio included. I wonder why the dealer told you it was normally $599 for Uconnect; perhaps that is a subscription fee not an activation fee?
Charski9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #318
ChrisCicc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski9 View Post
Hi vgrift - I activated the UConnect on my Overland and it was free. There is also a 1 year subscription to Sirius radio included. I wonder why the dealer told you it was normally $599 for Uconnect; perhaps that is a subscription fee not an activation fee?
It's not free at all. With the 8.4 ACCESS it costs $599 for NAV as a dealer activated option. I was able to negotiate it down to around $200.
ChrisCicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 06:36 PM   #319
loveracing1988

Quote:
He activated the NAV on the radio. You are talking about UConnect access.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #320
TRZ06

Hi all, I'm new to the site. My wife and I live in the DFW area, and are looking for a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 (3.6 V6). Does anyone have any recommendations on the best dealerships to talk to, or share pricing on what they've been able to pick one up for? We can get Friends and Family discount, but still trying to figure out how much it can help and if it matters where you buy from. Thanks!
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #321
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

Send a pm to shanhuber. She can recommend a dealer in TX...not sure if Dallas or Houston...that has very good pricing.
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:16 AM   #322
taseal
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I made a thread about this, but I'm going to post here as well hoping another member might see it and help us out...

Hello everyone,

We just lost our infiniti G37 in a horrible flash flood that took many many cars in my city couple days ago Car has been written off as a total loss by the insurance company, so we're back in the market looking for a car. We had just bought this car about 3-4 weeks ago. Very sad

Now that we're back in the market, wife wants something else (go figure LOL) We have looked at the new Infinity Q50 and it looks like we can get a very good lease deal from this car. With $2500 loyalty cash, and about a $3,700 below MSRP deal with the business associate employee discount, car becomes very affordable for a lease. They also have something called MSD (Multiple security deposits) which allow you to put down up to 9 months of security deposits and each one lowers the apr about .24

However, we test drove a Grand Cherokee Limited and we both really enjoyed the car. What a sweet machine.

I wanted to know what kind of deals I could get to make this car a reality for us.

We would need 15,000 miles @ 36 months and payments can't be higher than 450 tops. We're looking at no down payment, but if we have to, maybe put down 1,000 (like first month and fees). This was an unseen event, and we don't have 4,000 to put down for a car right now out of savings. I wouldn't consider tapping into our emergency fund for a car. We want a limited 4x2 3.6l V6 (the overland would be even nicer as I love the headlights and the seats. Wife actually prefers the limited's front, but overland's seats lol)

I've been looking at the thread for purchasing this car, and I see some people have gotten anywhere from 1% to 5% below invoice for this car. I guess it's possible....

Help me make this car a reality please.

I'm in south florida if anyone knows a good dealer to work with. I can go anywhere from pt st lucie to miami for the right deal.
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #323
taseal
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyjeeper View Post
South florida is a tough area,
No one budges.
I am from Boca and ended up getting mine from Sarasota.
Well that truly sucks...
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #324
taseal
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
1st post but not 1st Grand Cherokee. I've been gone from Jeep for 7 years with BMW X5/X3 and Audi Q5. I'm looking for a bigger vehicle with lower payment and love the looks inside and out of the new Grand Cherokee.

I am trading my 2012 Audi Q5 w/ 59,437 mile on it for a Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 V6.

I have been shopping 2 dealers local and looking on the internet. I have settled on the following Limited with a local dealer. The dealer has to go get the truck from another dealer that is semi-local.

Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 V6 36,580 inv +$995 dest charge
20" wheels $1153 inv
U-Connect 8.4 w/ Nav $797 inv
TOTAL $39,525 invoice

I am putting down $2500
Dealer is giving $27,500 for Audi Q5. 29,367 is payoff so $1800 neg equity difference.
Dealer is putting in around $2250 as discount
I think Lease Factor is .00050...this is were I get lost!

Lease payment with tax is $595

How much more do you all think I can do? I can't get any dealers to do $5000 discount I am seeing. Between the $2250 dealer is putting into deal and the $1800 towards pay off...they only wanted to give me $2600 for the Audi and get get them to budge. The other dealer in town said they couldn't do this deal and to go for it.
jesus that is a horrible deal!

the lease factor (MF/money factor) is your APR. multiply by 2400. in your case 1.6%
Unread 01-13-2014, 01:38 PM   #325
Charski9

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing1988 View Post
He activated the NAV on the radio. You are talking about UConnect access.
I have full UConnect access using my iPhone to control the car from a distance. I also have full navigation, hand frees calling, and Sirius. Is there something else you get with UConnect for $599? Could it be standard on the JGC Overland models?
Unread 01-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #326
nyrhockey23

Quote:
I have full UConnect access using my iPhone to control the car from a distance. I also have full navigation, hand frees calling, and Sirius. Is there something else you get with UConnect for $599? Could it be standard on the JGC Overland models?
Wait, what? what can we do from our phones?
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 02:32 PM   #327
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrhockey23 View Post
A remote-controlled full-size 360 HP Jeep? Awesome, sounds more fun than an aerial drone
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #328
falcon2014

Quote:
You can start it, I'm not sure what else.

Last edited by falcon2014; 02-25-2014 at 08:45 AM..
falcon2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 05:07 PM   #329
Charski9

Quote:
There is a UConnect app that lets you lock, unlock, remote start and sound off the alarm for your Jeep all from your iPhone. Its just like having your remote on your iPhone and you can do this from afar.

You cannot drive or park the car with the phone.....
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #330
nyrhockey23

Quote:
There is a UConnect app that lets you lock, unlock, remote start and sound off the alarm for your Jeep all from your iPhone. Its just like having your remote on your iPhone and you can do this from afar.

You cannot drive or park the car with the phone.....
On this app, does it have better range to starting the car than the remote? also, does it tell you if the car started or not? those are my 2 gripes with the remote start on the JGC. If you can't see the lights flash or hear the double beep, you have no idea if the car started or not.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.