Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

363K views 1K replies 392 participants last post by  scony 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am in the market for a 2014 GC, most likely I will be going with the Overland since I have to have those new lights :p I have my financing secured and just need to find the car now. Since this model is just out this month, its hard finding comparable figures. I wanted to start this thread to help future owners out in obtaining the best price and locating a dealer that is wiling to deal. please post up what you are quoted so we can find the best dealers from around the country. I should be able to post my first quotes up this afternoon.

thanks all for your help, together we can save future owners a few bucks on their next new Jeep.

#825 ·
Thanks, appreciate it.

Other question, is it better to add the OEM trailer hitch if unable to find one with the tow package? I read the dealer has to hook up the electronics? Would be on the Laredo or Limited.

Thanks
It is better to find one with a towing package than add the Hitch. The package includes heavy duty cooling, the wiring, Hitch, and load leveling shocks. It is better and just a little more money than piecing together yourself.

#832 ·
Hi all,

I am currently working on purchasing a black Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 and wanted to know if I am getting a good deal. The MSRP is $40,180 and incudes the base price of $36,495 plus Uconnect 8.4AN Nav, 20 inch Aluminum Wheels and a destination charge of $995.00. The dealership is willing to sell this to me at $38,500.00. This does not include a Conquest lease incentive which Chrysler has informed me is available for this dealership. Arguably, this would bring the price down to $37,500.00 not including TTL. Is this a good deal? I live in McAllen, Texas (Deep South Texas). Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Derol

#833 ·
Hi all,

I am currently working on purchasing a black Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 and wanted to know if I am getting a good deal. The MSRP is $40,180 and incudes the base price of $36,495 plus Uconnect 8.4AN Nav, 20 inch Aluminum Wheels and a destination charge of $995.00. The dealership is willing to sell this to me at $38,500.00. This does not include a Conquest lease incentive which Chrysler has informed me is available for this dealership. Arguably, this would bring the price down to $37,500.00 not including TTL. Is this a good deal? I live in McAllen, Texas (Deep South Texas). Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Derol
The Chrysler Lease Conquest applies to any (virtually) deal you strike so my math below DOES NOT include it.

Is your $38,500 (dest incl) + ttl a good deal? Well, invoice is $38,321 so it's not terrible but better can be had if you can deal with a 5 hour drive up north to use the Houston group buy (I sent you the contact info):

$37,326 Invoice
- 2,052 5.5% Group Buy Disc
+ 995 Destination
+ 100 Cost to join Treadlightly to get 1% of your 5.5% disc
---------
$36,369 Net cost (plus TTL)
-38,500 Your Dealer deal
---------
$ 2,131 Gross Savings
+ 133 6.25% sales tax savings on lower purch price
---------
$ 2,264 Net savings
- 160 Gas for wife/friend to drive you up and both vehicles to return
---------
$ 2,104

There! Math is all done now make the call and order :D

Sounds like a road trip is in your future to save roughly two grand!

#834 ·
Additional Group Buy info:

Q: Regarding the invoice and discount, will he be the one to take off 5.5% or do I need to bring this to his attention?

A: You simply call him, tell him you are a member of this forum and would like the group buy price and this is the math he will use. I am the type to no my price going in but the contact is a straight shooter, no games, honest.

Q: Can incentives still be applied to the price after the 5.5% reduction? I have a lease with a competitor so I qualify for the Conquest incentive. Can this incentive be applied when using the group buy?

A: Yes and yes :D

Q: Also, will he be the one to give me the information about joining Tread Lightly or is that something I must do on my own?

A: The contact assumes that everyone here is a member (don't know why but he does) so you must join in advance on your own here at the $100 Individual Level:

http://treadlightly.org/join/individual/

NOTE: Your Control Number MUST (no exceptions) be active in Mr. Computer for 30.0 calendar days when the contact enters it to invoice the vehicle to you upon delivery. Plus Tread Lightly only ships membership packets on Fridays and these contain your issued control number so if you join, say, Thurs your control number may not be issued for another week. This is not usually an issue if you are ordering a vehicle but if you are buying out of his inventory or he is locating one for you you have to plan for this 30 day (plus maybe a week or so) "activation" period.

Q: What is Tread Lightly? Is there a website for this?

A: "Lifted" from:

http://treadlightly.org/about-us/what-we-do/

Tread Lightly! and its partners lead a national initiative to protect and enhance recreation access and opportunities by promoting outdoor ethics to heighten individuals' sense of good stewardship. Tread Lightly!'s goal is to balance the needs of the people who enjoy outdoor recreation with our need to maintain healthy ecosystems and thriving populations of fish and wildlife. The scope of our work includes both land and water, and is representative of nearly every form of outdoor recreation including, but not limited to hunting, recreational shooting, fishing and boating. We also have a niche in promoting safe and responsible use of motorized and mechanized vehicles in the outdoors.
We offer a myriad of programs, trainings and educational material to help educate recreationists across the nation on the importance of treading lightly. Tread Lightly! is also a member-based organization. Without the help and support of our members, we would be unable to deliver award-winning programs and campaigns.

#852 ·
Dealers here in the Bay Area are getting very aggressive with pricing. I'm getting offers on 2014 model Overlands V6, Tech and sometimes other options for 44K OTD..I'd probably still do a lease, no mention of this being lease financing.

Makes me think with whatever the Manufacturer incentives are, with dealer incentives one should be able to get below these numbers with some haggling. If I could get to say 43K OTD with delivery, I'd easily pick up a local model.

#853 ·
Just placed my order for a Black 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 with 20inch aluminum wheels and the 8.4 AHN navigation package. I am getting it for $36,317 + TT&L. Additionally, there is a very good possibility I will be getting it for $35,317 via a Conquest bonus cash incentive (I am leasing a vehicle with a competitor). The incentive is currently active for 2014s and will most likely be activated for the 2015s once September comes around. Keeping my fingers crossed. Big thanks to 14Summithemi for the group buy information! Now for the 6 - 8 week wait sigh...

Derol

#856 ·
Just placed my order for a Black 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 with 20inch aluminum wheels and the 8.4 AHN navigation package. I am getting it for $36,317 + TT&L. Additionally, there is a very good possibility I will be getting it for $35,317 via a Conquest bonus cash incentive (I am leasing a vehicle with a competitor). The incentive is currently active for 2014s and will most likely be activated for the 2015s once September comes around. Keeping my fingers crossed. Big thanks to 14Summithemi for the group buy information! Now for the 6 - 8 week wait sigh...

Derol
You actually meant 2015 JGC there? Are order banks open now?...been waiting awhile for that.

#864 ·
"Other" forum mentions a 3% below invoice deal at Hawk CDJ in Chicagoland, contact Chris K....google them...

Also mentioned is a 4% deal at Sheboygan CDJ (Randy) a couple hours north.

In both cases, mention you are a forum member and want the group buy but also ask if you can stack the 1% Tread Lightly Affiliate ($100 cost to join) discount on top of their deals......good luck

#862 ·
I have been a Chevy Avalanche man with an 03 then 2011. My wife's business
rents vehicles every week so i get to try new cars and trucks each weekend.
i loved the GC. Drove nice and has better mileage than my truck 13 mpg. So please help me out with this dc group buy or any thing to drop a few grand off
the price.
thanks in advance,

#866 ·
FYI, DC buy info I sent would get a '14 LTD 4x4/Sunroof (GWA)/8.4AN (RA4) for:

$40,585 MSRP (plus $995 dest)

$38,717 Invoice (plus $995 dest)

- 2,710 7.0% Group Buy Disc
+ 499 Group Buy Fee
+ 995 Destination
----------
$37,501 Net cost (plus TTL)

If you have a competitive lease (does not need to be ending or replaced with the jeep, just active) you can also stack the Chrysler Lease Conquest Cash on top. :2thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.