What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #271
shanhuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinla View Post
Just got an overland ecodiesel with tech and adventure II pkg. MSRP 54,780 paid 49,500.
Congrats on the new Jeep.

shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #272
mdrums
2014 WK 

The Deal???

1st post but not 1st Grand Cherokee. I've been gone from Jeep for 7 years with BMW X5/X3 and Audi Q5. I'm looking for a bigger vehicle with lower payment and love the looks inside and out of the new Grand Cherokee.

I am trading my 2012 Audi Q5 w/ 59,437 mile on it for a Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 V6.

I have been shopping 2 dealers local and looking on the internet. I have settled on the following Limited with a local dealer. The dealer has to go get the truck from another dealer that is semi-local.

Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 V6 36,580 inv +$995 dest charge
20" wheels $1153 inv
U-Connect 8.4 w/ Nav $797 inv
TOTAL $39,525 invoice

I am putting down $2500
Dealer is giving $27,500 for Audi Q5. 29,367 is payoff so $1800 neg equity difference.
Dealer is putting in around $2250 as discount
I think Lease Factor is .00050...this is were I get lost!

Lease payment with tax is $595

How much more do you all think I can do? I can't get any dealers to do $5000 discount I am seeing. Between the $2250 dealer is putting into deal and the $1800 towards pay off...they only wanted to give me $2600 for the Audi and get get them to budge. The other dealer in town said they couldn't do this deal and to go for it.

Last edited by mdrums; 01-05-2014 at 01:37 PM..
mdrums is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #273
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxtigers View Post
Yes, the dealer is reimbursed the Affiliate discount plus I believe $75. From what I have read on this thread, some dealers are willing to negotiate further & some aren't. Both dealers I worked with were willing to drop the price beyond the Affiliate price.
Technically there is no negotiation or reimbursement, just a set price as shown on the invoice. "Participating" dealers that undercut the set price, and use the affiliate program as a crutch, are technically violating their agreement with Chrysler. Nothing stops the dealer from selling the vehicle at what ever price he wants (an adding on whatever document fee he wants), but using the affiliate program is a marketing gimmick these dealers use. And we all know that dealers never ever use marketing gimmicks to get folks into the showroom.

BTW a couple years ago a couple dealers had to pay a "fine" for abusing the affiliate program pricing program. It is not intended to supplement dealer profit on a negotiated vehicle.
Unread 01-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #274
chickdr
2014 WK 

Bought a 2014 Overland 4x2 V6 with Advanced Tech Group last Monday. MSRP $46,185, paid $40,880. I think it was a good deal especially with 0% for 36 mth financing thrown in. They were offering $4,000 off MSRP, but I had them match another dealers $5,300 off offer.
chickdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #275
Ljnaum

I will be leasing my first car next week
14' GC Limited Lux Group ii 20" wheels Nav
It has an msrp of $44k.
For a 24/27 month lease I'm hoping to be around $380 month with $3k down. Does that seem realistic?
Im fairly unfamiliar with all the terms such as residuals and money factors to ensure I'm getting a good deal. If anybody has some tips i would greatly appreciate it. Also, any recommended dealers in Michigan?
Ljnaum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #276
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljnaum View Post
It has an msrp of $44k.
For a 24/27 month lease I'm hoping to be around $380 month with $3k down. Does that seem realistic?
Im fairly unfamiliar with all the terms such as residuals and money factors to ensure I'm getting a good deal. If anybody has some tips i would greatly appreciate it. Also, any recommended dealers in Michigan?
Where in michigan? I can recommend one in the detroit area and about 4 to stay away from...
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #277
Ljnaum

Southeast MI but would be willing to drive for a better deal
Unread 01-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #278
mdrums
2014 WK 

Quote:
It has an msrp of $44k.
Mark plus $995 dest with a discount could get you around $40k and your $3k down you will be financing roughly $38k.

24/27 month lease 15k miles will be upwards of $700 a 39 month lease will get you around $570-600 from my experiences.
Unread 01-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #279
Nookie
2014 WK 

Aound 9% off MSRP in my neck of the woods, which was employee pricing + $500 Bonus bucks.

This was on a Summit Diesel.
Unread 01-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #280
loveracing1988

Quote:
Southeast MI but would be willing to drive for a better deal
I can list these dealers NOT tp go to.
Milosh's palace in Lake Orion, they ripped us off on our trade in when we got my wife's jeep.
Golling in Bloomfield Hills would not negotiate 1 penny under friends and family, then we I got my ram the guy told me "I haven't leased one of those that cheap in years!" They were about $100 more per month than everyone else.
Al Deeby in Clarkston told me one price on a ram, when I went back to get it I was told theu didnt have any and wouldn't be getting any for a few weeks. The sales manager himself told me he would give me a deal to make up for his salesman and then proceeded to blow me off whenever I would call, telling me they should be getting a truck any time every time I called.
Suburban in Troy had me pick out the options I wanted on a ram, had the price all set, took a $500 deposit to do a dealer trade and then couldn't get a truck. The one they got in stock they wanted a lot more money for and when I didnt want to pay thay they fought tooth and nail to keep my deposit.
Dick Huvaere's in Richmond had the most rams on any lot that I saw. They however knew that most dealers didnt have any trucks so he pretty much told me that if I want a truck I will pay his price or I will end up with nothing. He acted like he was giving me a killer deal when in fact he was giving me an average deal at best.
Finally I ended up at Parkway in clinton township. They gave me the best deal out of everyone hands down. They gave me an extra 1k for my car that really brought the payments down on a 24 month lease. I know it isn't apples to apples but I ended up with a Ram with an msrp of 43.5k for $299 per month otd. 24 months 12k per year with $500 down with a $500 tdm (target direct mailer).
If you want the particular salesman to go to, pm me. I found that it really matter who you talk to at a particular dealership, because talking to 5 different salesman will give you 5 different prices.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #281
Ljnaum

Thanks!
I am local to all of these and have actually been negotiating with parkway. They were very helpful and seemed like they wanted to make a sale, the only issue was that they had no vehicles matching my criteria and said they could locate one but I wouldn't get as good of a deal. Im going to give rochester hills a shot. By the way, that seems like an excellent price on the ram and that deal is tempting me to get one from parkway instead of a GC.
Thanks again
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:26 AM   #282
geauxtigers
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Technically there is no negotiation or reimbursement, just a set price as shown on the invoice. "Participating" dealers that undercut the set price, and use the affiliate program as a crutch, are technically violating their agreement with Chrysler. Nothing stops the dealer from selling the vehicle at what ever price he wants (an adding on whatever document fee he wants), but using the affiliate program is a marketing gimmick these dealers use. And we all know that dealers never ever use marketing gimmicks to get folks into the showroom.

BTW a couple years ago a couple dealers had to pay a "fine" for abusing the affiliate program pricing program. It is not intended to supplement dealer profit on a negotiated vehicle.
According to my local dealer, this is not true. It may be called something other than "reimbursement" but they are in fact made whole by Chrysler on Affiliate pricing.
geauxtigers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #283
rmiscoord

Just bought a 1014 GC Summit 4x4 Deep Auburn. MSRP $52,190. negotiated price with all dealer add on's $48,839. In addition I got what I believe to be about $1500 above KBB trade in value for my trade in (2011 Subaru Outback). That would bring it in at about $47,339 or 10% off MSRP. Add to this 0% 36 mo. loan and $1600 sales tax savings with trade in deduction. Selection and availability in my area was slender at best and most dealers did not come even close to this price point. In addition I test drove and compared this vehicle to BMW, Infinity, Lexus, and Acura - discounting the big price difference I found the Jeep GC to be as good if not better then most in all areas. I originally wanted the Jeep but gave the other's serious consideration and almost went with the Acura MDX but no one within 200 miles had my color/options and not much discounting at all.

Last edited by rmiscoord; 01-06-2014 at 05:15 PM..
rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #284
mdrums
2014 WK 

I have been trying to by a 4x2 V6 Limited with Nav since last Thursday. I have been to about every dealer with in 1 hr drive. None will do this elusive 10% off. Best I can get is around 2000-2500 off. which is around 6-7%. I have negotiated, wasted time and walked out of every dealer. None of them could care less saying we can't even come close to a 10% off MSRP and never will or have.

On top of that trying to find a Limited with Nav and either 20" wheels or trailer tow package is impossible in White, Silver or Granite and NO SUNROOF. Dealers here in Tampa either have basic Larerdo or $50k+ Summits. The few $42K Overlands I found the dealers might give you $1000 off. Also if I find one they won't trade with the dealer I'm working with that has given me the best price so far.
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #285
chickdr
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
I have been trying to by a 4x2 V6 Limited with Nav since last Thursday. I have been to about every dealer with in 1 hr drive. None will do this elusive 10% off. Best I can get is around 2000-2500 off. which is around 6-7%. I have negotiated, wasted time and walked out of every dealer. None of them could care less saying we can't even come close to a 10% off MSRP and never will or have.

On top of that trying to find a Limited with Nav and either 20" wheels or trailer tow package is impossible in White, Silver or Granite and NO SUNROOF. Dealers here in Tampa either have basic Larerdo or $50k+ Summits. The few $42K Overlands I found the dealers might give you $1000 off. Also if I find one they won't trade with the dealer I'm working with that has given me the best price so far.
You need to come to Atlanta. We have dealers giving up to $5,300 off Overland GC's. Probably worth the trip for you(negotiate the deal and fly up then drive it back)...

http://www.gwinnettcdjr.com/new-inve...&SBprice=clear

Limited 4x2's 3,400 off at Ed Voyles

http://www.edvoyleschryslerjeep.net/...&SBprice=clear

Last edited by chickdr; 01-06-2014 at 08:46 PM..
chickdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.