What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 12-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #256
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMattGA View Post
I don't like car payments either. I doubt anyone does, but for most (me included) it's now somewhat of a necessity until I hit the lottery, become a lobbyist, or something like that.
If you get a better deal or more breaks if you finance than a cash deal if cash is the only thing you'll do, then finance it and pay it off the next week or so. There's no penalties to do that, or it never was for me anyways back when I bought much cheaper vehicles. With rates near zero or 1-2%, you may be better off financing and keeping your cash where it's getting a good rate of return. Depends on the situation, and no two are alike.
Would have considered financing and then a quick payoff if the price of the car would have been discounted but that was not the case...the deal at the time was simply a low interest rate.

And yes, you could pretty easily profit on the interest rate differential if you had a zero or very low percentage rate, invested your money at a higher rate of return and played the spread. For me, too complicated.

I've worked very hard to get to a place where I don't owe anyone anything in this world and I am not going to go back into debt to buy a car. I understand that a car payment (or driving older, paid for cars, which I have done for years) is a necessity for most. Been there and done that until very recently.

HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #257
YO-EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Paradiso View Post
May I ask how they did the release of your 13 lease payments? I leased mine 36mo and plan to lease again from the same dealer at lease end.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using JeepForum
I believe the dealer bought it for the buyout.. (payments left + value of car).
They plan to keep it & sell it..

My lease was up Feb 2015. About 14 payments.....Payment was $525, Sticker on 2012 Overland was $44,195

New 2014 payment is $470. sticker is $42,965,(+ add in $600 for turning on the NAV), so $43,595 is essential price on the new one..

Like I said earlier.. they rolled me into the 2014..
NO $ at all... NO inceptions, NO tax, NO drive offs, NOTHING!

I signed the forms for them to buy the old car, signed new forms for 39 mo lease @ $477.. Gee it even included the 1st months payment! Paper work shows 38 payments remaining!!! Nothing paid by me,,, signed & drove off in a brand new 2014 JGC Limited, loaded!
YO-EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #258
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

Sounds like you got a great deal
JeepGC6855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #259
bmoney12
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YO-EL
I believe the dealer bought it for the buyout.. (payments left + value of car). They plan to keep it & sell it.. My lease was up Feb 2015. About 14 payments.....Payment was $525, Sticker on 2012 Overland was $44,195 New 2014 payment is $470. sticker is $42,965,(+ add in $600 for turning on the NAV), so $43,595 is essential price on the new one.. Like I said earlier.. they rolled me into the 2014.. NO $ at all... NO inceptions, NO tax, NO drive offs, NOTHING! I signed the forms for them to buy the old car, signed new forms for 39 mo lease @ $477.. Gee it even included the 1st months payment! Paper work shows 38 payments remaining!!! Nothing paid by me,,, signed & drove off in a brand new 2014 JGC Limited, loaded!
Either the GC is holding its value extremely well or Jeep totally missed the mark with the residual.

The deal makes sense for the dealer. They will make money off the trade and the new 14.

Pretty sweet for you though! I need these type of painless deals.
Unread 12-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #260
TJD1

Just picked up a '14 Overland (3.6L gas V6, 4x4) yesterday:

MSRP $47190
Invoice: $44935
Negotiated Price: $42520 (5.4% off invoice)

I also used a $1000 Customer Cash Incentive I received in the mail from Jeep/Chrysler but was not eligible for any other rebates. Other than tax and MV fees, the dealer charged a $400 doc fee. The cash incentive and tax/MV/doc fees are not included in the above negotiated price. The 0.9% financing for 48 months was too good to turn down.

This was in the NYC metro area. I had a few dealers tell me they could meet that price and a few tell me they couldn't. I wound up going with the dealer I originally "kicked the tires" at and had the color I wanted (black with brown/frost) on the lot.

I did the fightingchance approach to purchasing the vehicle and recommend that approach.
TJD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #261
AnalyzeThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJD1 View Post
Just picked up a '14 Overland (3.6L gas V6, 4x4) yesterday:

MSRP $47190
Invoice: $44935
Negotiated Price: $42520 (5.4% off invoice)

I also used a $1000 Customer Cash Incentive I received in the mail from Jeep/Chrysler but was not eligible for any other rebates. Other than tax and MV fees, the dealer charged a $400 doc fee. The cash incentive and tax/MV/doc fees are not included in the above negotiated price. The 0.9% financing for 48 months was too good to turn down.

This was in the NYC metro area. I had a few dealers tell me they could meet that price and a few tell me they couldn't. I wound up going with the dealer I originally "kicked the tires" at and had the color I wanted (black with brown/frost) on the lot.

I did the fightingchance approach to purchasing the vehicle and recommend that approach.
TJ, sounds like you made out great! Did you make a trade also, or just a purchase?

I PMed you for the dealer, in case you didn't want to publicize it. I'm in the market too.
AnalyzeThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #262
geauxtigers
2014 WK 

I just ordered my 2014 JGC Overland 4x4 EcoDiesel with the Tech group. Factoring in $1000 cash because I have my current vehicle under lease and a Chrysler Affiliate discount through my employer, I got it for $47,000 even ($53,685 MSRP). Thanks shanhuber for posting the TX deal on this thread . My local dealer couldn't come within $1000 of the price. Well worth the 4 hour drive to Houston in 6-8 weeks.
geauxtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 12:21 AM   #263
Charski9

I want to thank everyone for posting on this thread - this information prompted me to take two actions before making my final purchase of a Jeep GC Overland.

First - I called several dealers during this year-end; some were willing, others were not to deal. I kept going back to the Jeep.com search engine to find the dealer with the right options on the car. I also visited a dealer (Huntington Beach Jeep hbjeep.com) in person to test drive a car since they were discounting heavily on their web site. I left when they could not locate the actual car I was interested in although they showed it in inventory - it's still MIA....

Next - I found this site and read the book "Don't Get Taken Every Time" as recommended - and it truly is a must read, I could not put it down. There is information about car buying particularly when shopping over the internet - this is how I shopped and ultimately purchased my new Jeep. From these threads, I also learned I was eligible for an affiliate discount through my employer and got a one-time use code from Chrysler for 1% below invoice deal.

Finally – I called back a dealer who earlier in the week was less willing to deal and told him I would buy his car if he discounted it $7000 off MSRP explaining that I had a one-time use affiliate code and told him the other dealer was looking for their car for me (this was a true statement). He said he needed to call me back and did so within 15 minutes and agreed to sell me the car.

The deal I made is as follows:
Overland 4X2, 5.7 V8, with Tow Prep (I’m pulling a Wake Board boat and need the power and heavy duty suspension)
• MSRP – $48,180
• Invoice – $45,925
• Negotiated Price – $41,180

That is ~10% below invoice, which I suspect is largely due to timing. Perhaps this was sheer luck, I’m not sure. I have all of your experiences that chalk up to a lot of savings.

P.S. - I did not trade in a car, I took the 0% financing for 36 months, and declined all up-selling. I will look for the lifetime warranty in a few months after I grow accustom to my new Jeep.

Many thanks to all of you – I cannot say enough – Happy New Year, mine has certainly started right!
Charski9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 12:25 AM   #264
VINVIN

Im in australia. The 2014 overland deisel here rrp is $81500. I just bought one for $68700 so i figured that was doing well?
VINVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 05:30 AM   #265
AnalyzeThis

So does the affiliate program reimburse the dealer, allowing you to drop the price even more? Or is it just sort of a "directive" that the dealer must sell below invoice and they get minimal kickback?
Unread 12-31-2013, 05:41 AM   #266
AnalyzeThis

Trying to do my part to help out as I have already used info from this board to help me:

I have short time use of Galves.com. I purchased the $20 for a month use to get fair trade values and such. I highly recommend it. Don't let the dealers sell you short. If anyone should have any questions on their trade vehicle shoot me a PM. Give me year, make, model, trim level (LX, GTI, etc), any extras (Nav, Leather, etc) and mileage.
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:18 AM   #267
geauxtigers
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
So does the affiliate program reimburse the dealer, allowing you to drop the price even more? Or is it just sort of a "directive" that the dealer must sell below invoice and they get minimal kickback?
Yes, the dealer is reimbursed the Affiliate discount plus I believe $75. From what I have read on this thread, some dealers are willing to negotiate further & some aren't. Both dealers I worked with were willing to drop the price beyond the Affiliate price.
geauxtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #268
Newtohouston

Group buy

Shanhuber,

Thanks for hooking me up with the group buy. I am not able to take full advantage of it since I can't wait the 30 days needed for the 1% tread lightly membership discount. I was still able to get a Laredo E 4x4 for $30,798 which is more than $2,000 lower than what I was able to negotiate with a local dealer.
Newtohouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #269
shanhuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtohouston View Post
Shanhuber,

Thanks for hooking me up with the group buy. I am not able to take full advantage of it since I can't wait the 30 days needed for the 1% tread lightly membership discount. I was still able to get a Laredo E 4x4 for $30,798 which is more than $2,000 lower than what I was able to negotiate with a local dealer.
Glad I could help out. Congrats on your new Jeep.
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #270
somewhereinla

Just got an overland ecodiesel with tech and adventure II pkg. MSRP 54,780 paid 49,500.
somewhereinla is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.