Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

363K views 1K replies 392 participants last post by  scony 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am in the market for a 2014 GC, most likely I will be going with the Overland since I have to have those new lights :p I have my financing secured and just need to find the car now. Since this model is just out this month, its hard finding comparable figures. I wanted to start this thread to help future owners out in obtaining the best price and locating a dealer that is wiling to deal. please post up what you are quoted so we can find the best dealers from around the country. I should be able to post my first quotes up this afternoon.

thanks all for your help, together we can save future owners a few bucks on their next new Jeep.

#692 ·
Bringing a trade, financing or leasing into the mix of the deal really complicates things and sets up a scenario where they can work numbers against you. We were fortunate enough to pay cash for the car. I bought my JGC from a dealer 275 miles away after taking cumulatively 10 minutes to do the deal on the phone and by email. Ended up with 4.5% under invoice. They needed to sell a bunch of cars and I needed a car. Both of us were well served by the deal.

I dealt with the sales manager only and told him I had been shopping and researching inventories and internet advertised deals in 7 states that I travel to on business, that I knew invoice costs and holdback numbers and wasn't afraid to buy a JGC anywhere. The key is never to let the dealer know that you really have to have THAT car. Kind of like the poster above who used a tight timeline to his negotiating advantage. Flip the script and put the pressure on the dealer instead of the other way around.

#693 ·
Yeah, I ended up with Doan. They're actually pretty damn good but that little thing just threw a little sour into it.

They actually did a bunch of stuff they didn't need to - drove out to my work, swapped the tires for ones I really wanted for just balancing cost ($100). Also swapping out a windshield (for free) that had a footprint of my son who we lost this thanksgiving. Those things were WAY above and beyond.

I don't think I got a bad deal - it just changed. Whatever. I'm moving forward.

I will say that they were the least scummy. Another dealer in town accused me of making up a story (about my son) to get a better price when I told him I went elsewhere. And a few others acted like they flat-out couldn't care less. Of them all, Doan was head and shoulders above the rest. By the time I had gotten to them, I was already raw from the car-salesman-speak. So my patience was gone.

Anyway.

#694 ·
It worked out for you, it's not about 'winning' just feeling good about your end. Buying and selling is always a give and take in life. Avoid getting rooked, pay a fair price and live life. Enjoy the JGC! :2thumbsup:

#699 ·
Took delivery today. Dude brought it out to my office. All in all, I really can't complain. Even the price was good (not great). There's more to it than price in the end anyway.

Bottom line for me: this truck kicks *** and I can't believe how nice it is. Off road capability aside, this is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. I've had pilots and MDXs for the last 15 years and this makes those trucks seem like school busses.

Love this thing.

#701 ·
Took delivery today. Dude brought it out to my office. All in all, I really can't complain. Even the price was good (not great). There's more to it than price in the end anyway.

Bottom line for me: this truck kicks *** and I can't believe how nice it is. Off road capability aside, this is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. I've had pilots and MDXs for the last 15 years and this makes those trucks seem like school busses.

Love this thing.
Awesome! :thumbsup: I get at least 1 compliment and several "looksies" per day on mine.

#703 ·
Dude, seriously? You like pain don't you...c'mon man, logoff and go drive her around 'til you forget about this silly question...;)

#707 ·
As posted earlier, 14' LTD 4x4 V6 with the 8.4A (no nav). 36m lease, 15k miles, $1,000 down for $480/month. Vehicle price was $36,185 (4% off invoice), residual is 54% ($20,500). Considering the miles, I think I came out ok, I'll most likely end up buying it out.

#709 ·
reddog, just re-read your earlier post and I saw I missed the news about your recent loss of your son. SO sorry man. Probably not the same but I had a daughter still born at 8 mos.

#713 · (Edited)
Picked mine up yesterday. Overland diesel with the advanced tech group. About 48K before all extra charges. SC only charges $300 in sales tax. My deal was 48.5 out the door. Benson in Greer, SC met it. Great dealer up there. Now I'm stuck with Rick Hendrick. They couldn't diagnose a cracked manifold on my Wrangler about 12 years ago. I almost didn't buy this Jeep because of them. I'm not looking to my first service.

So far they appear to have improved, but I went to a different Rick Hendrick dealer than before.

#715 ·
^^^^^

Thanks man, ya everything was fine (we thought) until 1 wk before pre-mature delivery. Life kicks you in the n_ts once in awhile. My 18 yr old son got a full Navy scholarship to the Cockrell School of Engineering at Univ of Texas. Ups and downs in life for sure. Right now is ups for us. All I can say is grieve and let time happen.

#718 ·
Audi Q5/7 with equal equipment ist about 90000Euro = 124000 Dollar. BMW X5 even 130000 Dollar and the Mercedes ist 135000 Dollar. Taxes, yes maybe. The German SUVs are not build in Germany any more. But they cost like they were. I like my JEEP and he´s worth every thousand Euros. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.