What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDJK Front 3 Link Prototype - Clayton Off Road

Unread 12-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #241
MuSh

USAA price is only guaranteed for vehicles that are actually on the participating dealers lot. So it can be difficult getting a dealer to honor that price on an order.

MuSh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #242
MuSh

The Texas deal isn't a deal for everyone(although def worth considering.) Driving halfway across the country can negate your savings and if you have a trade in, that's another area you can potentially lose. (ie your local dealer will give you 23k on a trade and the Texas dealer will only give you 20k)
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #243
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuSh View Post
The Texas deal isn't a deal for everyone(although def worth considering.) Driving halfway across the country can negate your savings and if you have a trade in, that's another area you can potentially lose. (ie your local dealer will give you 23k on a trade and the Texas dealer will only give you 20k)
That and the gas to drive there and back.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #244
Medpilot
2014 WK 

I called to inquire about the Texas deal and I was told I had to be a member of Tread Lightly to get the full 5.5% Just another thing to consider regarding the TX deal.
Medpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #245
MuSh

I wonder why they require tread lightly membership? Extra cash they get from the sale I guess? Since tread lightly is a 1% below invoice deal, not really sure why they care.
Unread 12-25-2013, 05:05 AM   #246
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuSh View Post
I wonder why they require tread lightly membership? Extra cash they get from the sale I guess? Since tread lightly is a 1% below invoice deal, not really sure why they care.
They use that to pay part of the discount. Otherwise the full 5.5% comes right out of their pocket.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #247
philbytx
2014 WK 

Treadlightly membership

It's only $100 and it would be done at the signing of the docs. Not a bad deal to save a goodly percentage. Price I was quoted by the Texas deal folks saves me just under $3000 OTD from the deal offered by my local dealer!

Well worth it.....
philbytx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #248
shanhuber

The cost of fuel in the diesel was less than $175 to drive from Texas to Minnesota.
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #249
YO-EL

Traded leased 2012 Overland w/ 14k miles & 13 payments left, for a new 2014 Limited, roof, NAV, tow pkg, CD,. for lower payment.

0 fees, 0 out of pocket.....0 at signing..

New car, new lease, lower payment, not costing me a dime....
YO-EL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #250
Gran_Paradiso
2014 Overland HEMI

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YO-EL View Post
Traded leased 2012 Overland w/ 14k miles & 13 payments left, for a new 2014 Limited, roof, NAV, tow pkg, CD,. for lower payment.

0 fees, 0 out of pocket.....0 at signing..

New car, new lease, lower payment, not costing me a dime....
May I ask how they did the release of your 13 lease payments? I leased mine 36mo and plan to lease again from the same dealer at lease end.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using JeepForum
Gran_Paradiso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #251
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

After reading all of these posts, I feel like I didn't get that great of a deal. I paid invoice for my 2014 Limited ($37,500), but they did give me $28,500 for my 2011 Murano. Now days I think you can actually get a better deal if you finance through the dealer, but I don't like car payments.
JeepGC6855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #252
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGC6855 View Post
Now days I think you can actually get a better deal if you finance through the dealer, but I don't like car payments.
^^^^^This^^^^^

Right with you on not wanting a car payment. Plenty of deals on leases and low interest rate loans, but cash folks really get the least amount of breaks. We just paid cash for our 2014 JGC in November and there were no factory incentives for us whatsoever.
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #253
JeepMattGA
2014 WK 

I don't like car payments either. I doubt anyone does, but for most (me included) it's now somewhat of a necessity until I hit the lottery, become a lobbyist, or something like that.
If you get a better deal or more breaks if you finance than a cash deal if cash is the only thing you'll do, then finance it and pay it off the next week or so. There's no penalties to do that, or it never was for me anyways back when I bought much cheaper vehicles. With rates near zero or 1-2%, you may be better off financing and keeping your cash where it's getting a good rate of return. Depends on the situation, and no two are alike.
JeepMattGA is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:38 AM   #254
Motociclista77

57340 euro (78528$) in italy for GC diesel my2014 granite crystal full full option.

Last edited by Motociclista77; 01-07-2014 at 03:50 AM..
Motociclista77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #255
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

I actually did just that when we bought my wife's Juke, we traded a Beetle and they talked us into financing and then I paid it off in a couple of months. Dealerships sometimes make a little off the financing, but this time I just didn't want to mess with it. I bought the cheapest Limited they had and paid just $9,000 plus tax after trade.
JeepGC6855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.