What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #226
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's not bad... I have a quote in my pocket right now for the same vehicle at $50,700.

Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #227
David1
2014 WK 

On my 2014 overland last month I got $3700 off of list plus a $1000 competitive rebate from having a non jeep leased vehical for a total of $4700 off of list.
David1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #228
fun2drive

DC deal is 7% under invoice plus a $499 dealer handling fee. It is better than the Texas deal by a few hundred dollars.
I will PM you the info that I received.
Check your PM in a few minutes.
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #229
shudog
2012 WK 

so I called to renew my trial subscription in my 2012 JGC. They started in right away with $199/yr for premium package, $150 for standard... I said "no no no too much". I offered $100/yr for 2 years and they said no. Hmm... I guess we'll see what happens when my trial runs out in 3 months.
shudog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #230
wadeholiday

another NEW 2014 limited purchase soon, latest?

Great info here, thanks!

I was down to 2012 to 14 Grand cherokee, or a Touareg, and decided to go with a new JGC!

I have an offer from a dealer, I went to high school with the manager, so he said it was a deal, $4500 off of MSRP. It sounds like this is in the ballpark, but maybe 1000 to 1500 more then many are paying here.

I'm looking for Billet Silver Limited (i think),
like the pano moon roof,
would love to get Quadra drive 2, as I plan to use it offroad, but I think Quardra track 2 is what most come with,

black leather,
tow package,
Off road package if I can find it.

Any other tips from you experienced jeep gents?

thx!

Holiday in Lake Tahoe, CA.
wadeholiday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #231
fun2drive

Obababoy:
I can send you the DC info if you want it but it will be hard to beat your USAA deal since I have ordered the same vehicle minus the ORPII. Neither the Tx or DC deal can beat that price.
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #232
bangback
2014 WK 

Truecar

I used Truecar and got about 3.5% below invoice for a limited. They had 4%+ for Overlands. In the end, it wasn't worth it to me to deal with buying a car long distance though I certainly applaud those that do. It turned out my local dealer that I bought my last GC from had exactly the vehicle I wanted in stock.

Some lessons learned:
1) So the sales department of my dealer are kind of jerks. When I inquired a few months ago they wouldn't quote me anything below MSRP. Just nagged at me to come on by and we'll talk. Ironic since I'd gotten a fantastic direct internet quote 10 years prior from the dealership. I don't know why they pay TrueCar a commission rather than giving me a decent price directly.

2) TrueCar does a good job telling you about the arbitrary and excessive doc fee that each dealer charges ($269 in my case). I got burnt a slight bit on the registration fee which was actually in excess of the actual state fee (by about $20). I'm not sure whether that was just incompetence though.

3) So my local dealer was $200-$750 cheaper than the other 2 TrueCar quoted and pretty much the cheapest I ever saw in suburban Boston (I tried many configurations and locations of GCs). I don't think they intend to honor the quotes. The internet salesperson most likely does not exist and the salesperson didn't have the slightest interest in my TrueCar paperwork. He had a very pat pitch pointing to the "up to $xxxx" line claiming that the options didn't match and the MSRP didn't match.

4) TrueCar gives different prices depending on the channel. I got consistently $100 lower coming in through my company employee purchasing portal vs. general access plus some slightly valuable benefits (free deductible reimbursement if I have an accident during the first year).

5) I shut him up when I pointed out that the options matched precisely (I had redone the quotes that morning -- again he never looked at the paperwork). This is key to maximizing your leverage with this technique. Then we did the dance 3 or 4 times where he would go off to the general manager and I would rant about the dealership not honoring their quote, that they had decided each and every morning to quote vehicles through TrueCar and that I wanted the general manager to come explain to me why he wasn't honoring his quotes and that he should really talk to the likely mythical internet manager about quoting too low.

6) We eventually compromised at his price and a free trailer hitch (which put me even further ahead). He was very interested when I asked him what he needed to be successful on the satisfaction survey and assured him I could support all 9s and 10s. After a few rounds, he could probably tell his survey results might suffer otherwise.

7) The finance guy was fine -- undercut my loan in hand from my credit union to 1.4% for 5 years so I gave them the loan. He knew better than to try to sell me anything after the wearing down I'd given the salesman.

So while it felt sleazy to dance with the salesman for an hour, and I certainly wouldn't have subjected my wife to it, I ended up with a "fair" deal with the local dealer who I'll go to for major service. And it minimized my time investment. It was really an easy negotiation, too, since all I did was wave my paperwork and demand they honor their quote.

For those a lot closer to a purely honest, straightforward, high-volume dealer I'm jealous since that's the way to go. But keep my strategy in mind if you're not.
bangback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #233
mahdeys

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Diesel, paid $51k, free first service, unlimited car washes, unlimited loaner car. It took a lot of haggling on price. They also beat USAA on loan rate too.
mahdeys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #234
fun2drive

There is zero haggling with the GP. If you don't like doing the haggling then go GB but some enjoy the contest and quick access to the vehicle. All I know is that this site has saved me thousands of dollars over not having this info at my finger times and I am grateful for that...
Unread 12-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #235
Jeff_WK2

Just bought a 2014 JGC Overland on the last day of November, gas V6, no options. MSRP $47190, sale price $43,000 on the nose. Also got free wheel locks and coupons for 3 free oil changes and some other dealer swag. Entire negotiation took 10 minutes. They didn't have the colors I wanted on the lot, so they did a locate and got one from a dealer in a different state that matched my specs. Overall no hassle, it was easier to buy this car than it is to go grocery shopping.
Jeff_WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #236
MuSh

My limited ecodiesel had an MSRP $50,975. I paid $46,099. Plus they gave me an amazing deal on my old Ram. Way more than what I would have asked for. I checked usaa, truecar, and edmunds TMV. All were higher than what I paid so I didn't use them. USAA gave me a great APR though.
MuSh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #237
ferntree

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanhuber View Post
The Texas deal will give one of the best deals around. No haggling, just straight up 5.5% below invoice. No hidden fees.
Excuse my ignorance, but are the discounts everyone is talking about below dealer invoice or below the MSRP?
Just arrived from Sydney and looking to deal on an Eco Overland next month. The Jeep site quotes $54,900 so I figure somewhere between $49500 and $50,500 should be ball-park - am I about right or dreaming??

Officer, these handcuffs are tight!
Just relax, they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while....
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #238
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferntree View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but are the discounts everyone is talking about below dealer invoice or below the MSRP?
Just arrived from Sydney and looking to deal on an Eco Overland next month. The Jeep site quotes $54,900 so I figure somewhere between $49500 and $50,500 should be ball-park - am I about right or dreaming??
Below invoice. I got my jeep for something like 4.3% below invoice if memory serves. 4 or 5 percent off of MSRP would not be any kind of big deal. Also, you are not going to get discount off of the transportation fee of $995. It's a discount off of invoice and then you pay the full transportation fee.

My 2014 limited had an MSRP of $45k+ and I got the car for $41, 133 plus tax and license.
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #239
ferntree

2014 WK 

Excellent - thanks for that, looks like I'm not too far off on my guesstimate!
Cheers

Officer, these handcuffs are tight!
Just relax, they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while....
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #240
fnckr

Just put deposit on an Overland, Diesel, ORV II, ATG, for $51,000. This will be ordered for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Used USAA, but had trouble getting cheapest dealer to honor their price. Buying through second less with bonus of being the closest dealer.
fnckr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.