What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #211
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

When you walk into the dealer with your affiliate program number code, they show you an invoice which clearly shows the affiliate price. Its not negotiable. There is a fee (used to be $75) for the affiliate program. There is the destination (shipping) charge which may or may not be on the invoice they show you but you pay for it. You also pay tax if you buy in a state with sales tax. There is also the dealer's license/title and dealer fee, which each dealer sets (can be hundreds of $$$). This is the same dealer fee anyone off the street pays at that dealer, should not vary for affiliate program sales. Sometimes the dealer will wave or reduce the fee. This is the only charge that you could negotiate between dealers.

Before you sign up, make sure you have a paper with all the fees spelled out clear enough for you. Make sure its the out the door price in other words.

Affiliate price for the vehicle
+ Affiliate fee
- rebates and incentives
+ Dealer documentation fee
+ Destination
+ Tax
= Out the door price.

Unread 11-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #212
coates
2014 WK 

I ordered my '14 Overland EcoDiesel with the Advanced Technology Package and Off Road Adventure II for $49,000 +tax, tags and fees. I shopped around for about a month around the NYC area and Manhattan Jeep was the most flexible on price. They came in a few hundred dollars under the cheapest Truecar offer. Now begins the wait...
coates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #213
Medpilot
2014 WK 

I just picked up a 14 Overland 4x4 w/ Ad Tech Group for $43,719 last night. That comes out to 6.4% below invoice. I flew from Phoenix to Los Angeles to go pick it up. The whole time I was thinking that they were going to tack on some extra charges and that I was going to be wasting money on an airline ticket back home. To my surprise, the dealer held true on the advertised price and I walked away with a smoking deal. The nice thing was no haggling. They offered me some overpriced nitrogen tire package which I declined and there was no heartburn on their part. The only con was that I had to pay California sales tax, which is about the same as what I would pay in Phoenix (8%). And they put a front license plate on the bumper. I still have to see how they mounted it.

Initially I was going to fly to Houston and get the deal that a lot of the other forum members have been talking about. Only problem with that was you had to be a member of Tread Lightly (whatever that is) to get the full 5.5% off invoice. The great thing about the deal I got was I didn't need to be a member of anything. Anyone off the street can take advantage of their awesome deals.

The place went was Huntington Beach Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. http://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram.com/index.htm Check out their inventory, the price you see is the price you pay (plus TTL of course).
Talk to Brody Braun and tell him Dustin (the pilot) sent you.

Edit: I should've mentioned that I got the V6 gas engine.

Last edited by Medpilot; 12-03-2013 at 03:31 PM..
Medpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #214
fun2drive

Glad it worked for you. I am not willing to fly to CA to get a deal like this because I ordered the diesel and Houston is only an 8 hour drive to my home in Florida. That is a smoking deal you got, better than all other deals except the Washington DC deal which is 7% plus 499 fee. Given what you paid yours might well be cheaper than that one too. I can't figure out how any of these places are making money. I talked to a the largest regional dealer in Pensacola and gave him the details of the deals. He said that Chrysler gives 1500 back to the dealer on the Jeep but they could not come close to matching those deals and make any money. He was totally honest and told me to take any of those deals.
I am sure you will really enjoy the new JGC. I am looking forward to mine after Christmas when I expect it will show up...
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 03:11 AM   #215
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

Just picked up a 2014 GC Overland 3.6 V6 4x4 with Tech group and single CD for $ 44,400 ... which was 6 % off the MSRP sticker in Naples. Fl.
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 03:52 AM   #216
wxchaser

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
Glad it worked for you. I am not willing to fly to CA to get a deal like this because I ordered the diesel and Houston is only an 8 hour drive to my home in Florida. That is a smoking deal you got, better than all other deals except the Washington DC deal which is 7% plus 499 fee. Given what you paid yours might well be cheaper than that one too. I can't figure out how any of these places are making money. I talked to a the largest regional dealer in Pensacola and gave him the details of the deals. He said that Chrysler gives 1500 back to the dealer on the Jeep but they could not come close to matching those deals and make any money. He was totally honest and told me to take any of those deals.
I am sure you will really enjoy the new JGC. I am looking forward to mine after Christmas when I expect it will show up...
I believe the holdback is ~ $1492.00 - and I spoke recently with a small dealer about the group buys, who questioned me about how that was even possible for them to sell at a price below their "cost". Volume, holdbacks, special incentives to dealerships from Jeep, etc. - that's probably how it works.
wxchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #217
fun2drive

More than likely the sales manager was just rounding up but he did state that there was no way he could make any money that way and speculated the other GB dealers can do this because of a volume discount they get on top of what else is provided. Pretty sure he is right because none of the dealerships are small operations. He thought these dealership must generate 1000 sales per month to qualify for extra discount.
All I know is that I am pretty happy to have educated myself and save some serious money...
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #218
shanhuber

You should be able to get at least 4% below invoice. My dealer gives 5.5% below invoice.
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #219
tivoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medpilot View Post
I just picked up a 14 Overland 4x4 w/ Ad Tech Group for $43,719 last night. That comes out to 6.4% below invoice. I flew from Phoenix to Los Angeles to go pick it up. The whole time I was thinking that they were going to tack on some extra charges and that I was going to be wasting money on an airline ticket back home. To my surprise, the dealer held true on the advertised price and I walked away with a smoking deal. The nice thing was no haggling. They offered me some overpriced nitrogen tire package which I declined and there was no heartburn on their part. The only con was that I had to pay California sales tax, which is about the same as what I would pay in Phoenix (8%). And they put a front license plate on the bumper. I still have to see how they mounted it.

Initially I was going to fly to Houston and get the deal that a lot of the other forum members have been talking about. Only problem with that was you had to be a member of Tread Lightly (whatever that is) to get the full 5.5% off invoice. The great thing about the deal I got was I didn't need to be a member of anything. Anyone off the street can take advantage of their awesome deals. I'm not sure if I'm able to advertise the dealer I went to. I'm too lazy to read the forum rules. If anyone is interested, they can PM me for the info.

Edit: I should've mentioned that I got the V6 gas engine.
don't they charge you tax in your home state as well?
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #220
Medpilot
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
don't they charge you tax in your home state as well?
No, not if you show them you already paid the sales tax. CA was 8% which is about the same where I'm at.
Medpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #221
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

Bought our Jeep in WA but we are residents of ID. We proved this with three forms of residency verification (drivers license, insurance bill, hunting license) so that we were not charged Washington sales tax by the dealer. Had to pay Idaho tax when we registered the car in our home state.
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #222
shanhuber

You are supposed to pay taxes to the state in which the Jeep will be registered. I just bought in Texas, and paid Minnesota sales tax.
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #223
Gamez904
2014 WK 

14' GC Laredo E 4X4 V6
Sunroof group
ORA I
Security and Convenience group
Ziebart vehicle protection package
Grand total came out to 38,400 but I got it for 32,900

It's has been built and now it's waiting at the dealership until I return from deployment
Gamez904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #224
Tennessee

No pricing here, but just want to give Gamez904 an early "WELCOME HOME!!!" Enjoy the Jeep!
Unread 12-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #225
boslamr

Picked up a '14 GC Overland (HEMI, w/o Adv Tech pkg) on Monday night.

MSRP $50,385
EP $45,761 (if i recall correctly)

traded my '08 F150 King Ranch for $19.5k
Financed 27,759@2.24% for 72mo.

I went in to test drive the V6 or diesel. They tricked me. Pulled around a HEMI. When I mashed the gas that was all she wrote.
spent the extra $2900. :-D
boslamr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.