What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #181
somewhereinla

Frankly I think the illusive 5.5% under invoice discussion is getting a little silly and old. I think it's great if you live in or around Texas, but most people are not willing to drive across country to save $1000 or so. Buying a car. Should be fun and relaxing and personally, I think 2.5% under invoice is a great price. Actually once you factor trip expenses, missing a day or two at work, dealing with re-registering your car with your state dmv, missing a weekend with your kids if you have any... Etc... Is certainly not worth it, at least to me, and most likely not for all of us leaving on the west coast. Sure you can always find a little better, but do you really want to spend all your spare time doing so? I don't, my time is far more valuable than the 2 or 3 % I might save. Not to say that knowing that if something is wrong with the car, I can take it back to the local dealer I bought from, it is peace of mind. I know any dealers will honor the warranty, but my experience is that the dealership you buy your car from will always try a little harder. To me any deal under invoice is a good deal.

Cheers.

somewhereinla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #182
tivoboy

Is there a way to find out the employee pricing, without seeing each sticker? I'm an ex daimler/daimlerchrysler and have alumni status, and can get a code, but would like to know pricing beforehand. Historically, there was just ONE price and you basically picked any car, regardless of options from the factory. Now, I can imagine it's more specific to the options kitted..?
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #183
Qmulus
2014 WK 

The employee price is 5% below invoice, and you also get any incentives offered at the time of purchase. From what I was told, you shouldn't be charged any D&H fees, etc. either. You can find invoice price at wk2jeeps.com and calculate it yourself.
Qmulus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #184
Wraab
2014 WK 

I had a 2012 JGC Overland Summit and now I am looking at a 2014.

Quoted $47599 + TT&L

WKJS74 GRAND CHEROKEE OVERLAND 4X4 46,195 43,940

Package: 27P Customer Preferred Package 27P 0 0

Paint/Seat/Trim: PW7 Bright White Clear Coat 0 0

Options: NAS 50 State Emissions 0 0

EZH 5.7L V8 MDS VVT Engine 3,195 2,844

DFD 8-Spd Auto 8HP70 Trans (Buy) 0 0

APA Monotone Paint 0 0

*GL Leather Trim Seats w/Edge Welting 0 0

-X9 Black 0 0

AWB Quadra-Drive II (R) 4WD System 795 708

ADG Advanced Technology Group 1,995 1,776

YG1 7.5 Additional Gallons of Gas 0 26

4EX Sales Tracking 0 0

Group Funds: L36 DALLAS - PPA/EB-PF 0 0

Destination Fees: 995 995
Wraab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #185
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanhuber View Post
Then you paid roughly 2.5% below invoice. You left 3% on the table (about $1500). Still got a better deal than most, but could have done better. Congrats on the new purchase.
Well I did order this over the internet without even having to give a deposit. I also ordered it back in January when the order banks opened for the 2014's and no dealers would go near my price back then. At least within a days ride. I'm not going to waste my time and money having to make a plane trip, hotel and food, etc., to save maybe another $500 or so in another state.

But if others want to do it, thats great. Also I might be wrong, but you can't buy a new vehicle in another state and then try and register it in CA. I don't think it's allowed.
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #186
shanhuber

When you buy the vehicle, it is registered to the state you live in, not the state you buy it in. I personally am making a vacation out of picking up my Jeep. My entire vacation will be paid for with some money left over by making this deal. If you don't want the deal, don't take the deal. If others want to save a couple of thousand, especially if you live in the South, why bash them.
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #187
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
When you buy the vehicle, it is registered to the state you live in, not the state you buy it in. I personally am making a vacation out of picking up my Jeep. My entire vacation will be paid for with some money left over by making this deal. If you don't want the deal, don't take the deal. If others want to save a couple of thousand, especially if you live in the South, why bash them.
I think folks were responding to what was perceived to be your bashing of BobsWK2. I'm sure you didn't mean it but thats how it was taken. I don't see bashing, just perhaps reasons not to travel that you may have overlooked in your comment to BobsWK2 post.

You don't save a couple thousand unless you play with the numbers and rationalize. There is a savings and folks have been traveling cross country to purchase vehicles for decades. Used to be an outfit in Indiana I think that was very popular with Jeep buyers, but Chrysler eventually put a stop to them....

As far as paperwork, you typically have to buy a transport tag from the state where you pickup to return it to where you live where you fill out more paperwork and pay title fees and local taxes. You may or may not be able to prearrange. If you live in Ca (and some other areas) you have to show the compliance cert or get it certified. Not much of a problem today as just about all vehicles are 50 state certified.
Unread 11-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #188
Wraab
2014 WK 

For those of you that have the trailhawk, I have got a quote on a 2013 V8 of 43,435 (its about a 6 hour drive from me though) - how does that compare to the pricing you received? Thx
Unread 11-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #189
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraab View Post
For those of you that have the trailhawk, I have got a quote on a 2013 V8 of 43,435 (its about a 6 hour drive from me though) - how does that compare to the pricing you received? Thx
What is the MSRP? What options? I'm thinking that is high but we still need the sticker price.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #190
fun2drive

I'm taking the Texas deal of 5.5% off. I am just waiting on my SO to pick a color we can both live with. At the moment I am planning on the Overland 4x4 with diesel, and Advanced Tech Group.
$43940
$995 dest
$4005 diesel
$1776 ATG

$49721 x .945 = $46986 plus the $995 and handling fee of $125 should be about= $48106
Registering mine in Florida and flying into TX to pick it up. There is no motel needed as it is an easy 8 hour drive to my home and FF miles pay for my trip there.

Thanks ShanHuber.
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #191
shanhuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
I'm taking the Texas deal of 5.5% off. I am just waiting on my SO to pick a color we can both live with. At the moment I am planning on the Overland 4x4 with diesel, and Advanced Tech Group.
$43940
$995 dest
$4005 diesel
$1776 ATG

$49721 x .945 = $46986 plus the $995 and handling fee of $125 should be about= $48106
Registering mine in Florida and flying into TX to pick it up. There is no motel needed as it is an easy 8 hour drive to my home and FF miles pay for my trip there.

Thanks ShanHuber.
Glad I could be of help. Anyone else looking for this deal let me know.
Unread 11-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #192
Wraab
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
$43940
$995 dest
$4005 diesel
$1776 ATG

Thanks ShanHuber.
Quote:
Glad I could be of help. Anyone else looking for this deal let me know.
Your deal was actually with the salesman that I bought from in 2012. So I got almost the identical deal as above, except I added in the OR II package.
Unread 11-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #193
shanhuber

I just picked mine up today. I can't say enough good things about this. It is truly a great vehicle.
Unread 11-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #194
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

Working a deal on 2014 JGC Limited with Luxury II, Trailer Tow Group IV, UConnect 8.4 with Nav and 20 " x 8" Wheels / Tires. List price including Destination is $45,100. Price to me is $41,388.

By my calcs dealer cost plus destination is $43,256. This does not include holdback. So what they are proposing is dealer cost minus 4.32%.

Good deal?

I am also waiting for a call back from the finance manager to negotiate extended warranty. They say they will deal on that because I told them I knew how much it cost them and would not overpay.
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #195
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraab View Post
Sounds kind of high BUT with 2013 being the only year for the GC Trailhawk, they may get that kind of coin as 2013 fades, I paid 38,500 for ours and stickered at 45500 in July and got free oil changes for life and a free 5 yr bumper to bumper warranty wrap (no deductible) I bet you could get them down to 40K or pay that 43 and have them add in extra’s like free oil, added warranty, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.