What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #181
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanhuber View Post

Then you paid roughly 2.5% below invoice. You left 3% on the table (about $1500). Still got a better deal than most, but could have done better. Congrats on the new purchase.
Really? Why tell someone that. What difference does it make?

Congrats on the new purchase.

loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #182
shanhuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing1988 View Post

To educate future Jeep buyers not to get screwed. Sorry if you take offense, but I do it to HELP Jeep buyers.
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #183
nyrhockey23

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing1988 View Post

Quoted for truth.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #184
ColdCase

2011 WK 

Quote:
Then you paid roughly 2.5% below invoice. You left 3% on the table (about $1500). Still got a better deal than most, but could have done better. Congrats on the new purchase.
Assuming your numbers are right, doing better is difficult to do. One has to be lucky or willing to pick up at a dealer perhaps across country. I dunno, but I think travel cost will eat into that $1500 pretty quick leaving little if any savings, given that time is also money.
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #185
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Assuming your numbers are right, doing better is difficult to do. One has to be lucky or willing to pick up at a dealer perhaps across country. I dunno, but I think travel cost will eat into that $1500 pretty quick leaving little if any savings, given that time is also money.
Not to mention, traveling cross country to pick up the vehicle & then finding issues with it upon delivery. Personally, I would never do it.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #186
jalbrecht55

I was wondering if anyone here knows how to determine what the dealer holdback is? Does it vary from dealer to dealer?

I guess put another way, is there any way for the average consumer to determine what a particular dealers actual cost is on a vehicle? From what I understand there's holdback, there's incentives from sales, factory (dealer) incentives (similar to the advertised consumer incentives) and probably some other things going on depending on location and sales volume.
jalbrecht55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #187
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbrecht55 View Post
I was wondering if anyone here knows how to determine what the dealer holdback is? Does it vary from dealer to dealer?

I guess put another way, is there any way for the average consumer to determine what a particular dealers actual cost is on a vehicle? From what I understand there's holdback, there's incentives from sales, factory (dealer) incentives (similar to the advertised consumer incentives) and probably some other things going on depending on location and sales volume.
3% of MSRP is what hold back is for the U.S.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #188
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

My MRSP vs Invoice sheet from the dealer said the MRSP, Friends & Family discount, invoice, and dealer hold back right there on it.
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #189
somewhereinla

Frankly I think the illusive 5.5% under invoice discussion is getting a little silly and old. I think it's great if you live in or around Texas, but most people are not willing to drive across country to save $1000 or so. Buying a car. Should be fun and relaxing and personally, I think 2.5% under invoice is a great price. Actually once you factor trip expenses, missing a day or two at work, dealing with re-registering your car with your state dmv, missing a weekend with your kids if you have any... Etc... Is certainly not worth it, at least to me, and most likely not for all of us leaving on the west coast. Sure you can always find a little better, but do you really want to spend all your spare time doing so? I don't, my time is far more valuable than the 2 or 3 % I might save. Not to say that knowing that if something is wrong with the car, I can take it back to the local dealer I bought from, it is peace of mind. I know any dealers will honor the warranty, but my experience is that the dealership you buy your car from will always try a little harder. To me any deal under invoice is a good deal.

Cheers.
somewhereinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #190
tivoboy

Is there a way to find out the employee pricing, without seeing each sticker? I'm an ex daimler/daimlerchrysler and have alumni status, and can get a code, but would like to know pricing beforehand. Historically, there was just ONE price and you basically picked any car, regardless of options from the factory. Now, I can imagine it's more specific to the options kitted..?
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #191
Qmulus
2014 WK 

The employee price is 5% below invoice, and you also get any incentives offered at the time of purchase. From what I was told, you shouldn't be charged any D&H fees, etc. either. You can find invoice price at wk2jeeps.com and calculate it yourself.
Qmulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #192
Wraab
2014 WK 

I had a 2012 JGC Overland Summit and now I am looking at a 2014.

Quoted $47599 + TT&L

WKJS74 GRAND CHEROKEE OVERLAND 4X4 46,195 43,940

Package: 27P Customer Preferred Package 27P 0 0

Paint/Seat/Trim: PW7 Bright White Clear Coat 0 0

Options: NAS 50 State Emissions 0 0

EZH 5.7L V8 MDS VVT Engine 3,195 2,844

DFD 8-Spd Auto 8HP70 Trans (Buy) 0 0

APA Monotone Paint 0 0

*GL Leather Trim Seats w/Edge Welting 0 0

-X9 Black 0 0

AWB Quadra-Drive II (R) 4WD System 795 708

ADG Advanced Technology Group 1,995 1,776

YG1 7.5 Additional Gallons of Gas 0 26

4EX Sales Tracking 0 0

Group Funds: L36 DALLAS - PPA/EB-PF 0 0

Destination Fees: 995 995
Wraab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #193
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Well I did order this over the internet without even having to give a deposit. I also ordered it back in January when the order banks opened for the 2014's and no dealers would go near my price back then. At least within a days ride. I'm not going to waste my time and money having to make a plane trip, hotel and food, etc., to save maybe another $500 or so in another state.

But if others want to do it, thats great. Also I might be wrong, but you can't buy a new vehicle in another state and then try and register it in CA. I don't think it's allowed.
Unread 11-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #194
shanhuber

When you buy the vehicle, it is registered to the state you live in, not the state you buy it in. I personally am making a vacation out of picking up my Jeep. My entire vacation will be paid for with some money left over by making this deal. If you don't want the deal, don't take the deal. If others want to save a couple of thousand, especially if you live in the South, why bash them.
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #195
ColdCase

2011 WK 

Quote:
When you buy the vehicle, it is registered to the state you live in, not the state you buy it in. I personally am making a vacation out of picking up my Jeep. My entire vacation will be paid for with some money left over by making this deal. If you don't want the deal, don't take the deal. If others want to save a couple of thousand, especially if you live in the South, why bash them.
I think folks were responding to what was perceived to be your bashing of BobsWK2. I'm sure you didn't mean it but thats how it was taken. I don't see bashing, just perhaps reasons not to travel that you may have overlooked in your comment to BobsWK2 post.

You don't save a couple thousand unless you play with the numbers and rationalize. There is a savings and folks have been traveling cross country to purchase vehicles for decades. Used to be an outfit in Indiana I think that was very popular with Jeep buyers, but Chrysler eventually put a stop to them....

As far as paperwork, you typically have to buy a transport tag from the state where you pickup to return it to where you live where you fill out more paperwork and pay title fees and local taxes. You may or may not be able to prearrange. If you live in Ca (and some other areas) you have to show the compliance cert or get it certified. Not much of a problem today as just about all vehicles are 50 state certified.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.