What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 10-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #151
adibabyut

What I paid... Jeep GC Limited

I bought my 2014 Jeep GC Limited in May in Houston and paid $34,999 with Navigation downloaded. We negotiated for like a week. They were asking $37,900 originally not including Nav. It's the basic limited though.

- Uconnect 8.4 w/ Nav
- 18 in Alloy
- No CD/DVD, only USB, SD and Aux

Last edited by adibabyut; 10-31-2013 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: details
adibabyut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #152
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by achavez622 View Post
Hey guys.

i am new to the site and have been hunting for a 2014 jeep. i just can't get enough of the new body style. those new led headlights are a must have too.

the situation i find myself in is i can't decide between the luxury II or the overland. is it worth spending the extra couple grand for the overland?

any feedback would be great! I'm looking to buy around january - february once the holiday season is done.

i am from chicago.

thanks,
Its not worth is unless the Overland has what you need. Pick the options and features you want and run them both. Some combinations you can only get in an overland. There are a couple overland/limited differences thread here with some information. Otherwise check the feature comparisons at WK2jeeps.com.
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:52 AM   #153
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

What dealers did you go to?

I live down the road from you in Clifton. Try Farrish or Lindsay formerly Manssas Jeep. I am guessing you went to Fair Oaks.

Your deal is more than 1% under invoice I believe. I dont pay processing fees since that is almost all profit. Offer them $42K out the door and see what they come back with. About 5% under invoice is probably the best you are going to do.

What is the invoice price???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgc2014 View Post
I was quoted today for the following:
2014 Limited 4x4
- Lux II
- 20 wheels
- Rear seat DVD system
- 8.4 Nav

$43,270 +TTL + $389 processing fee.

This deal seems horrible to me. I live in the DC area and it seems I can get a ton better (maybe under 41k?)

Last edited by ColdCase; 10-31-2013 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: Remove offensive remarks.. three day time out issued.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:23 AM   #154
shanhuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgc2014 View Post
I was quoted today for the following:
2014 Limited 4x4
- Lux II
- 20 wheels
- Rear seat DVD system
- 8.4 Nav

$43,270 +TTL + $389 processing fee.

This deal seems horrible to me. I live in the DC area and it seems I can get a ton better (maybe under 41k?)
Which engine? Let me know. There is a group DC buy that will give 7% under invoice, but has fees added. When all is said an done, you wind up 5.5% under invoice. I can look up who the contact is in DC if you are interested. Let me know. (And NO Dave, this is not my dealer, who also gives 5.5% below invoice)
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #155
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Sorry I dont need the luxury package

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanhuber View Post
Which engine? Let me know. There is a group DC buy that will give 7% under invoice, but has fees added. When all is said an done, you wind up 5.5% under invoice. I can look up who the contact is in DC if you are interested. Let me know. (And NO Dave, this is not my dealer, who also gives 5.5% below invoice)
So $900+ in fees and what about the processing fee?
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #156
shanhuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
So $900+ in fees and what about the processing fee?
Not sure. Just being told that when all is done, you wind up paying 5.5% below invoice. A guy in another forum set up a DC group buy, just like the one in Texas.
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #157
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

DC dealers

Quote:
Not sure. Just being told that when all is done, you wind up paying 5.5% below invoice. A guy in another forum set up a DC group buy, just like the one in Texas.
Poster may not want to travel to MD and the quality of dealers in DC area varies from god awful to okay. Poster needs to stay away from Darcars and Oursiman owned dealerships.
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #158
jgc2014

The engine was the V6.

I'm certainly interested in the group buy. Oursiman is the closest dealer to me but I wouldn't mind getting 5.5% under invoice at another local dealer.
jgc2014 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #159
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Just a note that a vendor can set up group buys in this forum. They must be posted in the group buy section (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f457/) but can be referred to here. The group buy section is relatively new, being added maybe a month or so ago.
Unread 10-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #160
Semmes12

New to Forum, just picked up 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland V6 Max Steel/Light Beige and Brown Interior. MSRP just under $47,000 and the price I paid here in Northern VA was $41,198.
Semmes12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #161
Qmulus
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semmes12 View Post
New to Forum, just picked up 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland V6 Max Steel/Light Beige and Brown Interior. MSRP just under $47,000 and the price I paid here in Northern VA was $41,198.
Nice! Is that 4x2 or 4x4? If it is a 4x4, that is impressive. How did you manage that?
Qmulus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #162
Semmes12

It is actually a 4X4. And I agree I was schocked that I got that price. Basically I went into the dealership looking at a Used 2014 that they had priced at $40,000. I didn't want to pay that for a used one I might as well buy a new one with the exact specs I want so I started negotiating, but they didn't have much wiggle room in that used car. I then told them the new car specs I was considering with another dealership so they found the exact car I wanted and put that price of $41,198 on it. I couldn't believe it, they crushed the other dealership's price by almost $3,000 and they then matched Carmax's offer on my trade in car which was $2,000 more than what their appraiser had appraised my car for. The only thing that I can think is that since it was the end of the month they must have been very close to a new car sales quota and that they were going to make a much larger bonus for getting me into that car. Either way it all worked out perfectly for me!
Semmes12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #163
achavez622

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Its not worth is unless the Overland has what you need. Pick the options and features you want and run them both. Some combinations you can only get in an overland. There are a couple overland/limited differences thread here with some information. Otherwise check the feature comparisons at WK2jeeps.com.
i know the differences between the two. the three biggest and most notable are the painted flares on the overland, the quadra lift system on the overland, and how the grill is different. the quadra lift i definitely do not need seeing as how i don't think you really need that on a car. cool feature but seems very pricey if it were to top working.

thanks for the reply back and i wish you could customize them the way you wanted. all i want is a limited but with those new LED headlight
achavez622 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #164
achavez622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semmes12 View Post
It is actually a 4X4. And I agree I was schocked that I got that price. Basically I went into the dealership looking at a Used 2014 that they had priced at $40,000. I didn't want to pay that for a used one I might as well buy a new one with the exact specs I want so I started negotiating, but they didn't have much wiggle room in that used car. I then told them the new car specs I was considering with another dealership so they found the exact car I wanted and put that price of $41,198 on it. I couldn't believe it, they crushed the other dealership's price by almost $3,000 and they then matched Carmax's offer on my trade in car which was $2,000 more than what their appraiser had appraised my car for. The only thing that I can think is that since it was the end of the month they must have been very close to a new car sales quota and that they were going to make a much larger bonus for getting me into that car. Either way it all worked out perfectly for me!
depending where you are, that could be the true car price too. i am in chicago and the true car price out here is 41,198. so they could have went off of that too. was that out the door price? or was that excluding taxes and fees?
achavez622 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #165
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by achavez622 View Post
i know the differences between the two. the three biggest and most notable are the painted flares on the overland, the quadra lift system on the overland, and how the grill is different. the quadra lift i definitely do not need seeing as how i don't think you really need that on a car. cool feature but seems very pricey if it were to top working.

thanks for the reply back and i wish you could customize them the way you wanted. all i want is a limited but with those new LED headlight
I think the standard 20 inch wheels is the number one notable difference followed by the standard QL and then the better leather and grill. But that doesn't mean much to everyone. The overland was an excellent value in 2011, but the pricing structure has changed making it no longer a no brainer (if you wanted ELSD and 20 inch wheels, and didn't mind QL and the most expensive radio).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.