What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #136
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrhockey23 View Post
I live in the northeast, and more specifically, i live in Corrupticut, so everything is more expensive.
Spent 3 years in Upstate NY. Got real tired of "paying" for NYC. Know your pain.

14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #137
somewhereinla

For those people who already ordered, would anyone care sharing what deals they got? I am starting to approach dealerships in my area and the first offer is $52191 ($54780 MSRP). I am planning to order an Overland (ecodiesel of course) with the off-road adventure II and advance tech Group packages.
somewhereinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #138
djhull

I ordered an overland with those two options and I'm right at 54k.
djhull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #139
shanhuber

I can get you a deal for that exact package for $48752 + tt&l. (5.5% BELOW INVOICE) PM me if interested.
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #140
djhull

I planned on working them on the price once it got there but that's one hell of a deal that's good to know.
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #141
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhull View Post
I planned on working them on the price once it got there but that's one hell of a deal that's good to know.
Once it arrives on the lot your kind of screwed. The dealer knows you could walk away and go somewhere else, but you already have months and months invested into this one already, so they know there is good odds you won't walk. They also know if you do walk away they can just sell the thing to someone else who didn't order who just happens to come off the street and buy it. I tried to do this when we ordered my wife's, it worked for about $500.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #142
djhull

Yeah I'm afraid what you're saying is probably very true I've already suspected that. I was interested in one in March April and May and even June and it kind of given up on them when the dealer contacted me and asked me to go ahead and order it with no deposit and no obligation but now I'm kind a hot on it just don't want them to know that. I doubt I'll be able to get anywhere close to your price. This is a local dealer who has one of my business back for many years so maybe I will be able to work him some.
Unread 10-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #143
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

'14 Limited w/Nav, Offroad I, Tow IV, and V8. $41,717 (1% under invoice). After trying to do the "Costco deal" at one dealership and them trying to screw me over big time in the process (over 3 hours ), went to my local dealer and said I didn't want to mess around and just wanted a straight up "Costco deal" (even though they aren't part of the program). No hastle, ordered exactly what I wanted, all prices (MSRP/invoice) matched what online said, lower dealer fee, and out in 30 minutes from when I walked in.
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #144
nyrhockey23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
'14 Limited w/Nav, Offroad I, Tow IV, and V8. $41,717 (1% under invoice). After trying to do the "Costco deal" at one dealership and them trying to screw me over big time in the process (over 3 hours ), went to my local dealer and said I didn't want to mess around and just wanted a straight up "Costco deal" (even though they aren't part of the program). No hastle, ordered exactly what I wanted, all prices (MSRP/invoice) matched what online said, lower dealer fee, and out in 30 minutes from when I walked in.
That's exactly what i did and would do again if i ever get a new car again. I got the 1% below from my company's affiliate program and just walked into my local dealer, told them what we were looking for, found a match in a nearby state and bought it. Came back a week or so later after it had been delivered to pick it up.

To save a couple/few hundred dollars i wasn't going to drive all over the state shopping around, let alone out of state. Waste of time.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #145
dross333

Im being quoted:
2014 JGC Limited with Luxury II package
8.4AN/NAV
Monthly Payment: $442/month
39 months
12,000 miles/year
$2000 total at signing

Im in NY. Anyone know of a better deal in NJ/NJ?
dross333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #146
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

When calculating a lease, ask for the residual percentage (or value), and the money factor (which translates to an APR and may be called several other things like "lease factor"). Also what was the negotiated price? From there you can see where they are screwing you on a lease since they always do:/ For instance, when I was looking into leasing they were trying to charge me interest on my down payment, but without seeing the above three numbers I would have never known
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #147
shanhuber

Quote:
That's exactly what i did and would do again if i ever get a new car again. I got the 1% below from my company's affiliate program and just walked into my local dealer, told them what we were looking for, found a match in a nearby state and bought it. Came back a week or so later after it had been delivered to pick it up.

To save a couple/few hundred dollars i wasn't going to drive all over the state shopping around, let alone out of state. Waste of time.
I don't consider saving $2500 more than you did a waste of time.
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #148
nyrhockey23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanhuber View Post
I don't consider saving $2500 more than you did a waste of time.
Not sure why you don't understand simple concepts. The dealer you love and praise offers a % discount, not a $2.5K dollar discount on every vehicle. I believe i've said it before, by here it goes again:

My '12 Laredo X had an invoice price of about $35K, of which i got 1% below. At 5.5% below the additional reduction would be about $1.5K, with the exception i would have had to fly from CT to TX and drive 1,500 miles back home while my local dealer is 2 miles away.

It would have been a colossal waste of my time to go through all that effort for $500-$700 net savings, and if i, or anyone, is that desperate to save every single dollar they can, perhaps i/they shouldn't be buying a $40-$50K+ car.
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #149
shanhuber

Quote:
Not sure why you don't understand simple concepts. The dealer you love and praise offers a % discount, not a $2.5K dollar discount on every vehicle. I believe i've said it before, by here it goes again:

My '12 Laredo X had an invoice price of about $35K, of which i got 1% below. At 5.5% below the additional reduction would be about $1.5K, with the exception i would have had to fly from CT to TX and drive 1,500 miles back home while my local dealer is 2 miles away.

It would have been a colossal waste of my time to go through all that effort for $500-$700 net savings, and if i, or anyone, is that desperate to save every single dollar they can, perhaps i/they shouldn't be buying a $40-$50K+ car.
Why such an angry response. Just trying to help other jeep members. By the way, to compare apples to apples, on a base Laredo E 2014, you would save $1417 from what you paid on a base Laredo E 2014 model with your 1% savings. I am making a vacation out of the trip, so I do not figure in gas and hotel. If you don't want the deal, please don't bash others who do. Lets play nice.
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #150
nyrhockey23

Let's see how i did if i had bought from Shanhuber's loved dealer and got the extra $1.5K in price reduction:

Flight = $300 (don't know exact location of dealer, so searched for flights to Dallas). Leaving a Friday afternoon after work.
Hotel = $240. Arrive Friday night, leave Saturday afternoon after pick up at dealer. It's 1,700 miles away so i need 3 days of driving, aka 2 hotel nights. Total hotel nights are 3 @ $80 each (certainly not resort prices here)
Gas = $220. About 1,700 miles at 25 mpg (optimistic) will take 68 gallons. Current national avg for regular fuel is about $3.3/gal
Meal = $100. I'll need to eat dinner on Friday upon arriving, then lunch and dinner for the 2 full days of driving and likely lunch on the last day of driving when i arrive home. So total of 6 meals.

Total spent = $860
Net Savings = $640

So i had to drive 1700 miles in 3 days arriving home dog tired, slept at holiday inn's at best, didn't do any sight seeing and missed 3 days with the family for $600 bucks. OMG WHAT A DEAL!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.