Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

363K views 1K replies 392 participants last post by  scony 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am in the market for a 2014 GC, most likely I will be going with the Overland since I have to have those new lights :p I have my financing secured and just need to find the car now. Since this model is just out this month, its hard finding comparable figures. I wanted to start this thread to help future owners out in obtaining the best price and locating a dealer that is wiling to deal. please post up what you are quoted so we can find the best dealers from around the country. I should be able to post my first quotes up this afternoon.

thanks all for your help, together we can save future owners a few bucks on their next new Jeep.

#613 ·
^^^^^^

Oh, freight was not in the $46k?.....here's the corrected math with that and the "processing fee", junk fee....

Invoice $48,540 (Summit zero options)
Your Price 46,499
Below Invoice (2041) 4.2%

Everyone pays $995 freight/dest no matter what a dealer says and it is added after discounts are figured.

4.2% is pretty darned good especially if it's local and a dealer you would use for service. DC group buy (Koon) would net you about 6% (about $870 ish more) on a '14 but your deal is nothing to feel bad about at all as long as it's not a demo.

#616 ·
^^^^^^^

Lordy, hope it's 4WD (my pricing example) or he's getting rooked for OVER MSRP. :(

Being an Ohio dude I just assume anyone buying a Jeep is at least getting 4WD but then again he did say "no extras"...

Laxpole15?

#620 ·
14summithemi said:
^^^^^^^ Blue "owns" me. I was seriously torn between a loaded Blue Overland with Indigo/Brown interior, OMFG!, and a Summit with the limited color choices. I succumbed to the marketeers segmentation of the Summit with the HK stereo. We are so spoiled in the US. Here we are "agonizing" over colors and options and pricing and why my shuffle doesn't work..... Good "problems" to have. Keep it real folks! :cheers2:
No doubt. The blue is exquisite! My wife wanted to kill me for being so picky haha. Worst part was I wanted a black interior and to my wife's delight it was the beige. Her white Focus Hatchback Titanium....

Here is a pic :) I can't wail it to get my plates already!

Car Vehicle Automotive mirror Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#627 ·
I love the GC or I wouldn't be getting one. But lets be careful about throwing stones. Jeep and Lexus are at complete opposite ends of dependability charts and a few others. Garbage is a harsh word for a vehicle that I'm pretty sure will be on the road years longer than mine.

#629 ·
jasbur said:
I love the GC or I wouldn't be getting one. But lets be careful about throwing stones. Jeep and Lexus are at complete opposite ends of dependability charts and a few others. Garbage is a harsh word for a vehicle that I'm pretty sure will be on the road years longer than mine.
How dare you go against the almighty Jeep. Your right, Lexus has better reliability not to mention probably lower cost to own and higher resale value.

#630 ·
jasbur said:
Fair enough. Likens have said my dad has a 2012 and he loves it. Just not my cup of tea :) this is my 2nd Jeep and have loved both (95 Wrangler).

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#631 ·
Hello,
I dont think anyone cares too much about how much a Grand Cherokee is worth in Uruguay...lets just stay import taxes for foreign cars is 120% over the retail price....so here they are very expensive !..but then again here everything is very expensive compared to USA, Canada or Europe.
Regards
Victor

#633 ·
Back to Pricing... Did I really get screwed up in CT?

Hi All...

Seeing a lot of pricing between 3 and 5 percent under invoice on this thread. Up here in CT, the best I got was 1% below invoice via my work place agreement with Chrysler on my ordered jeep.

Is it because of the New England area that pricing is not as good as those who got 3-5% below invoice in other parts of U.S.?

2014 GC Overland - Diesel - ORAII - AdvTechGrp - Engine Heater
MSRP = 54,875
Invoice = 51,776
FFP Price = 51,333 (1% under invoice less 75.00 fee)

Thanks in advance...

#643 ·
Hi All...

Seeing a lot of pricing between 3 and 5 percent under invoice on this thread. Up here in CT, the best I got was 1% below invoice via my work place agreement with Chrysler on my ordered jeep.

Is it because of the New England area that pricing is not as good as those who got 3-5% below invoice in other parts of U.S.?

2014 GC Overland - Diesel - ORAII - AdvTechGrp - Engine Heater
MSRP = 54,875
Invoice = 51,776
FFP Price = 51,333 (1% under invoice less 75.00 fee)

Thanks in advance...
Any help guys?

#635 ·
^^^^^

Welcome, fellow buckeye. Born and raised in the "bus"....OSU grad too :)

Hmm, dunno...I paid $48k ($56k mrsp) for my '14 Summit 4x4 Hemi NEW.

Those are obviously gentle highway miles, but $40k for a '14 with 38k on the odo....not an equation that works for me. Just one opine.

#637 ·
^^^^^^^

Well, the data says that is a good price economically speaking. I just keep my rides too long to start with 38k on the clock. My last JGC I cut loose at 200k so I am buy brand new keep till dead guy.

If you go for this be sure they give you the service history and CarFax report. Also, be aware that the vehicle is OUT of the original 3yr/36mos (whichever comes first) bumper to bumper warranty. On this techno loaded ride that would concern me. Negotiate for an extended service contract to be thrown in.

To investigate the extended service contracts go here, input the basic vehicle info it asks for (5yr/100k is your answer on powertrain warranty) and take a look at the plans.

http://www.jeep.com/en/service_contracts/

Whatever the plan cost listed, the dealer actual cost they pay is around half so if the cost is $1,500 then the dealer pays "around" $7-800 so you could EASILY get them to throw in such a plan "FREE" at $40k or near their asking price. Go for the best plan you want and negotiate from there.

Good luck.

#641 ·
Just sent PM...think so on in stock or locatable, some are saying you can still order MY14 even tho order banks r supposedly closed....c what you can do :thumbsup:

#642 ·
Hi JRunner01 . Not sure if that's a bad price for your area. I think it largely depends on how many Jeep dealers there are in the your area, available inventory etc. I used Truecar as a starting point to understand pricing in my area (suburban Chicago). It was pretty accurate, but I had to really call around and pit one deal against another to get down to that lowest price noted on Truecar. Also the overall inventory of GC's my area across the 4 dealers (within 15 mi radius) was over 400! That's a lot of cars those dealers are looking to move. If you don't have many dealers or limited inventory, you aren't going to be able to bargain as much. I also used the Chrysler Affiliate program which is 1% below invoice but quickly found that cars were selling much below that by checking Truecar. Ultimately I had dealers giving up nearly their entire hold back and what they get from Chrysler for the Affiliate program. I found out that the dealer gets 1% back from Chrysler and the buyer gets 1% under the Affiliate program. In the end you got a great car so I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over what you paid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.