Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

363K views 1K replies 392 participants last post by  scony 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am in the market for a 2014 GC, most likely I will be going with the Overland since I have to have those new lights :p I have my financing secured and just need to find the car now. Since this model is just out this month, its hard finding comparable figures. I wanted to start this thread to help future owners out in obtaining the best price and locating a dealer that is wiling to deal. please post up what you are quoted so we can find the best dealers from around the country. I should be able to post my first quotes up this afternoon.

thanks all for your help, together we can save future owners a few bucks on their next new Jeep.

#3 ·
I'm having difficulty trying to find the dealers invoice, perhaps some of them will they show you if you ask them. Do you mind sharing your OTD price? I need something to go off of, and 1% below invoice would probably be considered the best deal your going to get. thanks for the help!

#7 ·
I have the supplier affiliate program and took it to the dealership. This is the printout they quoted for a 2014 Limited:

MSRP $41,170
FFP $38,989 <- This is the friend and family, and my supplier discount
EP $37,417 <- Employee price

These are With Destination Fee's, but without sales tax.

I told the saleman I like the EP price the best. He said there might be some wiggle room.

#9 ·
There are several other threads on another forum for 2014 wk2 group buys. Based on your area. Chicagoland area has a dealer willing to do 4% under invoice. Colorado area has a dealer doing $1750 under invoice. DC area has a dealer doing 7% under with $499 dealer fee. Although a hot model, there are dealers willing to push units. Hope this helps.

#11 ·
thanks,

This was the first offer I received from Tate Jeep in Glen Burnie MD,

Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4
preferred package 27P
Advanced Technology Group
5.7-liter V8
sticker is 50,880

199 dealer fee

48420.00 plus taxes and tags.

I now have a base number for what i want and I am shopping now, any dealers on this thread feel free to pm me. I am ready to buy right now.

#14 ·
thanks,

This was the first offer I received from Tate Jeep in Glen Burnie MD,

Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4
preferred package 27P
Advanced Technology Group
5.7-liter V8
sticker is 50,880

199 dealer fee

48420.00 plus taxes and tags.

I now have a base number for what i want and I am shopping now, any dealers on this thread feel free to pm me. I am ready to buy right now.
WAY TOO MUCH. I'm in Chicago but my company is located in Fulton, MD. I'm always out that way and I believe Glen Burnie is in the area. Anyway, I priced the exact truck. The best price I got was $46,293 (4% below invioce) +ttl and another dealer quoted something around $46,500 +ttl. Either way, the quote you got isnt even close. Keep shopping!

#12 ·
I can see by the information that this deal is crap... lol thanks guys.. I am trying to find a dealer willing to sell for under invoice

3. Overland 4X4 - MSRP $45,995 ($43,736) + $995 destination

with 3.0L V6 TURBO DIESEL ENGINE (EXF) + 8-SPD AUTO 8HP70 TRANS (DFD) 22P (Late Availabilty) [MSRP $4,500 / INV. $ 4,005]
with 3.6L V6 VVT ENGINE (ERB) + 8-SPD AUTO 845RE TRANS (DFL) 23P (Standard)
with 5.7L V8 MDS VVT ENGINE (EZH) + 8-SPD AUTO 8HP70 TRANS (DFD) 27P [MSRP $2,195 / INV. $ 1,954]

Overland options

ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY GROUP (ADG) [MSRP $1,695 / INV. $ 1,509]
• Advanced Brake Assist (BGG)
• Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection (XAN)
• Enhanced Adaptive Cruise Control (NH1)
• Forward Collision Warning Plus (LSR)

ENGINE BLOCK HEATER (NHK) [MSRP $95 / INV. $ 85]

MOPAR CHROME EDITION GROUP (AEE) [MSRP $995 / INV. $ 886]
• Mopar Chrome Tubular Side Steps (MRT)
• Mopar Frt & Rr Door Entry Guards (MUA)

MOPAR EXTERIOR APPEARANCE GROUP (n/a with AEE) [MSRP $995 / INV. $ 886]
• Mopar Black Tubular Side Steps (MRU)
• Mopar Frt & Rr Door Entry Guards (MUA)

OFF-ROAD ADVENTURE II (AWY) [MSRP $295 / INV. $ 263] with EXF or EZH: [MSRP $995 / INV. $ 886]
• 18X8.0 Polished Aluminum Wheels (WBL)
• Elec LTD Slip Differential Rr Axle (DSF) (with 3.0L or 5.7L)
• Front Suspension Skid Plate (XEU)
• Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield (XEE)
• P265/60R18 BSW AS On/Off Rd Tires (TP5)
• Quadra-Drive II 4WD System (AWB) (with 3.0L or 5.7L)
• Selec-Speed Control (BNK) (with 5.7L)
• Skid Plate Group (ADL)
• Trail Rated Badge (MT2)
• Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield (XEF)
• Underbody Skid Plate (XF3)

QUADRA-DRIVE II 4WD SYSTEM (AWB) (requires 22P or 27P) [MSRP $795 / INV. $ 708] with AWY and EXF or EZH: [(no charge)]
• Elec LTD Slip Differential Rr Axle (DSF)
(AWB included with AWY when ordering 22P or 27P)

REAR DVD ENTERTAINMENT CENTER (AEK) N/A W/22P; N/A W/RH1 [MSRP $1,995 / INV. $ 1,776]
(Late Availability; -Includes Blu Ray/DVD/CD Player)

SINGLE DISC REMOTE CD PLAYER (RH1) N/A W/AEK [MSRP $195 / INV. $ 174]

Overland interior

BLACK (with Nador Brown Walnut wood trim)
BROWN/LT.FROST (with Brown Zebrano open-pore wood trim)
INDIGO BLUE/BROWN (with Brown Zebrano open-pore wood trim)

#39 ·
I can see by the information that this deal is crap... lol thanks guys.. I am trying to find a dealer willing to sell for under invoice

3. Overland 4X4 - MSRP $45,995 ($43,736) + $995 destination

with 3.0L V6 TURBO DIESEL ENGINE (EXF) + 8-SPD AUTO 8HP70 TRANS (DFD) 22P (Late Availabilty) [MSRP $4,500 / INV. $ 4,005]
with 3.6L V6 VVT ENGINE (ERB) + 8-SPD AUTO 845RE TRANS (DFL) 23P (Standard)
with 5.7L V8 MDS VVT ENGINE (EZH) + 8-SPD AUTO 8HP70 TRANS (DFD) 27P [MSRP $2,195 / INV. $ 1,954]
So the diesel is a $4,500 option over the pentastar but only a $1,800 option over the v8? I was being told by others it was an additional $4k over the v8.

#43 ·
Dealers fee is just pack grab a**. I could care less if they charge 1.00 or 995.00 it is the bottom line that matters. When after I negotiated a price the dealer said they were required by their owner to charge a dealer fee, so we just rewrote the buyers order, subtracted the amount of the dealer fee from the vehicle price then added the dealer fee back in. Since I have to pay sales tax on the price of the vehicle without the dealer fee, actually it saved me some $$ :teehee:

#20 ·
I went through Truecar.com and managed to get the Overland V6 w/Advanced tech group for $45,853.00 From Heritage Jeep Dodge Chrysler in Parkville just outside of Baltimore. I def recommend Truecar.com they gave me a the price, sent word to the dealers what I wanted to pay, and the first one to honor it got my business. I tried Antwerpen, Don Whites, Ourisman, and a few others, but they wouldnt budge. I think Tate got closest.

#26 ·
Paid $43,500 OTD including ttl. tax was 3%, MSRP was 46265. I negotiated using the 7% under invoice from a DC group buy as a basis.
My local dealer worked with me, and came in at about 5% under invoice. Dealer got me 1.49% for 60 months too! More than happy with this deal!

2014 JGC limited,Bright white, Black int.,4x4,Hemi, LuxII, ORA1, tow,

#27 ·
My Laredo E had a sticker of 33,500. I ended up paying 31,500 out the door. BUT they also gave me way over book value for my trade in, which was a 2012 Wrangler Sport S. They gave me 22,500 for it (I paid 25 almost 2 years before). So yeah, I think i got a pretty good deal.

#29 ·
I'm thinking of replacing my 06 WK and would appreciate any other examples of what people recently paid.

I noticed the 2014 models are all ready on the floor. Is the 8 speed tranny worth it?

I think I want a 2013 Overland or limited. So if you recently bought one of these can you give me the sticker price and what you actually paid with out tax?

#30 ·
I'm thinking of replacing my 06 WK and would appreciate any other examples of what people recently paid.

I noticed the 2014 models are all ready on the floor. Is the 8 speed tranny worth it?

I think I want a 2013 Overland or limited. So if you recently bought one of theses can you give me the sticker price and what you actually paid with out tax?
I've had my 2014 GC Summit almost 2 months. MSRP was $54,685 and I paid dealer invoice minus dealer holdback and I used a $500 cash coupon that Jeep sent me for a total of 49,646. Only additions were the local sales tax and tags.

#31 ·
The sticker price on my 2014 Overland was $52,375 and I paid $49,553 which was something like $480 over invoice. I didn't have to haggle. The best way to buy a car these days is to go onto kbb.com or one of those and fill out the form to send your info to dealerships in your area. That gets forwarded to their Internet Sales teams who call you up and give you their "internet" price which is typically around $350-600 over invoice depending on the dealership. When I was first looking to get the 2011 JGC he offered me $350 over invoice immediately, but I decided not to buy at that time.

-Brian

#32 ·
I think you are on the right track with contacting dealers by email and having them bid for your business. But I don't think you paid a particularly great price for your Jeep. Many are paying 3%-7% below invoice so I think the thing to do is refer to deals people received on this forum within your area and use this knowledge as leverage. Your hand is strengthened if you can refer to a specific deal at a specific dealership that a forum member received.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.