What color. Gotta decide by tomorrow - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What color. Gotta decide by tomorrow

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
birds1969
2007 JK Wrangler 

What color. Gotta decide by tomorrow

Ok guys Im having a hard time deciding on what color overland to go with. Its between the Black or Mineral Grey. Both will have the saddle interior. Ive been looking at the black ever since Ive decided to buy a GC but just wonder if the grey would be a better choice with keeping it clean and such. But IMO nothing beats a clean black vehicle. Just wondering what your opinions are. Pics would help out to

Unread 04-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

I always hated when my parents would say "well such and such color is easier to keep clean" my typical response was, "I clean your Jeep every week, why does that matter?" I definitely like both colors with the saddle but the gray would not show micro scratches in the clear coat as much as the black would........even though the black is a metallic, you will still see them. I vote for mineral gray even though I typically would pick black, just because of the fact that its a Jeep, and it will get used, and not be kept as a show car.
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
UNCjeepWK2
2011 WK 

Mine is black... but I would probably have picked mineral gray (and black or saddle leather) if it were available when I purchased last Sept.
UNCjeepWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
Brady12

I debated between these two colors also. Don't think you can go wrong either way. I went with black. You have to work to keep it clean, but I enjoy washing and cleaning my cars. Black just looks sharp, but I like both. Good luck!
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
Flynn77
2011 WK 

I'd say go with black.
Flynn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
grcherokee5

Mine is the Mineral Gray- I LOVE it!!!!
grcherokee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
mwar99
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grcherokee5 View Post
Mine is the Mineral Gray- I LOVE it!!!!

I have the mineral gray with the saddle - best color combination IMHO.
mwar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 05:58 AM   #8
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Why not pick what "you" like best since you're the one paying +\- $40k.?.?

If you're up to the task of maintaining a black vehicle, the black will look great when clean and waxed. The mineral gray isn't bad either and may be a little more forgiving if you're going to wheel your junk.
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #9
henrysko
2011 WK 

Had black cars in the past and I hated thinking about dirt all the time.

I'm biased...Mineral Grey!
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #10
prepreludesh

I say Mineral Grey. My wife and I originally ordered Dark Charcoal Pearl and because it took 16 weeks for it to finally arrive in Colorado, we cancelled it at the 14 week mark and she got the black instead. Although the color looks nice in the sun and when clean (I do clean it every week), it's such a pain in the *** and gets on my nerves when it gets even a little bit dirty.

So go with mineral grey if you can, oh, and the good thing will be, out of every 10 new GC's you see on the road, the 7 you see that are black won't include you!
prepreludesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #11
m5biemer
2011 WK 

They're both nice colors, I think the Mineral Gray would be easier to keep clean. Actually, we were 5 minutes from purchasing the Mineral Gray overland summit, but the dealership tried to pull a fast one on the interest rate so we deep-sixed the offer and went out of state for the Black overland summit. My wife is not a big fan of silver cars, although mineral gray is not silver, for her it showed up too light in direct sunlight. It's her car and I take care it, so no big deal for her to choose black (which can be a pita to keep clean as everyone knows). Another consideration would have been the brown pearl, but there were none on the ground when we purchased ours. I've only seen pictures and I kinda like it. First choice would have been the blackberry pearl, wish it had been available in summit edition.

Last edited by m5biemer; 04-14-2011 at 03:18 PM..
m5biemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
JVBW0527
2012 WK 

Hi! New to this forum!

I am planning on getting a new jeep GC at the end of the year.

I saw a mineral grey overland the other day, and it looked REALLY NICE!!
It's a good color
JVBW0527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #13
fleuger99
2011 WK 

I'd go with mineral grey! Stunning colour in combination with the sadlle interior.
Unread 04-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #14
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Old school is black is easier paint to touch up, so if you are going to keep the car for several years, that may be the way to go. Black is typically a softer paint, however. I hear Mineral Gray is not that much easier to keep clean than black, if you are anal about being clean. So pick the color you want, both are men's colors... which is OK if you are a man.

I have had several black vehicles and a couple mineral gray like. The gray shows much less dirt, scratches, bruises.... but it still shows it. The silver seems to be the best-low maintenance color.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #15
kmag53

I have owned both black and mineral gray and currently have mineral gray. My choice now would definitely be mineral gray because it is easier to keep clean and maintain. Don't get me wrong both are nice but that would be my choice.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.