Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #121
JetBlast
2014 WK 

I received mine and they don't cover the whole floor on the front driver and passenger. It was for a 11-12 wk2 but aren't they all the same from 11-14?

JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #122
alan93
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M View Post
Now let's do some more supposing.

How does the BBB work? You've complained to them before so you should know.

It's basically a voluntary, third party negotiating tactic. Might make sense with something as large as a car, or possibly an expensive service user contract.

BUT ONLY if the company gives a crap about the BBB.
Exactly right, I do know. And when they get a blight on the BBB report everybody sees it and they make a judgment on whether this company is worth the hassle to buy from them.

Quote:
No

Now personally I walk in the doors of Quadratec when I need something because they're local. I've used them for years and they have ALWAYS been fantastic when it comes to customer service
Good for you.

Quote:
So I cannot imagine what their side of the story must be if you are having trouble with them.

That said, there comes a point where some customers just aren't worth the hassle.
And this "worth" is determined how? Yea, I didn't think you knew what you were talking about. Or maybe you meant customers who purchase thousands of dollars of goods then yes I could see that worth would affect whether they decide to help you or not. Gee, good point dude.

Quote:
I would suppose that IF they felt YOU were remotely worth the hassle it would have been solved by now.
Oh yes, a dispute between the paying customer is always decided by whether the customer is worthy. I guess your motto is "The business is always right".

Quote:
Of course, the fact that you have had to use the BBB to resolve disputes with companies 3 times before tells me more about YOU than it does Quadratec.
Frankly, I get the impression you're "one of those" customers.
I didn't say anything about "3 times". Have problems with reading comprehension much?
I went to them once before about 3 years ago over a company that wouldn't pay up on a rebate. They thought I was one of "those customers" , the ones who lose track of rebates.

Quote:
And I'm quite happy with our WK2 Quadratec floor mats/cargo liner.
2x Good for you. And my liner is perfectly satisfactory as well. Except for the fact that the logo came off with a few times of something being shoved over the top of it (something excessive like groceries I believe) leaving a hole in it so that it doesn't hold water in it anymore like they advertised and the fact that they will not replace or issue a refund or respond further to my inquires.
I am perfectly happy except for all that.
alan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #123
Kev M
2012 WK 

I still suspect that if you put half as much effort into explaining the issue to Quadratec that you did replying to me (never mind contacting the BBB) you'd have resolved this by now.

And I still say most people don't bother checking the BBB before buying floor mats.

Good luck with your dispute.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #124
alan93
2011 WK 

Quote:
I still suspect that if you put half as much effort into explaining the issue to Quadratec that you did replying to me (never mind contacting the BBB) you'd have resolved this by now.

And I still say most people don't bother checking the BBB before buying floor mats.

Good luck with your dispute.
Don't worry, I put ample effort into everything I do, be it enlightening the ingorant, getting my money's worth out of a product, or contacting consumer advocacy groups.

And I believe luck is the intersection of ability and opportunity.
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #125
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan93 View Post
And I believe luck is the intersection of ability and opportunity.
Sounds like you're shyte outta luck...
Unread 05-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #126
SkyHigh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We just picked up a 2013 Trailhawk for my wife last weekend. It came with the Mopar slush mats. We upgraded to the weathertechs. They definitely dont leave as many areas unprotected as the OEM mats.

I have weathertechs in my Mega cab and love them. Weathertech FTW.

If your in IL, check out the factory store. They have recently remodelled and its gorgeous.
Unread 05-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #127
alan93
2011 WK 

Quote:
Sounds like you're shyte outta luck...
Sorry to disappoint you but I couldn't resist rubbing it in your face.
Only because you deserve it for acting like a wise ***.
I got my replacement liner today with return postage for old one.

BBB complaints entered 2
BBB resolutions in my favor 2.

Let this be a lesson to you before you go spouting off about something you know nothing about k?
Unread 05-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #128
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan93 View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but I couldn't resist rubbing it in your face.
Only because you deserve it for acting like a wise ***.
I got my replacement liner today with return postage for old one.

BBB complaints entered 2
BBB resolutions in my favor 2.

Let this be a lesson to you before you go spouting off about something you know nothing about k?
SURE - it must be true because someone posted it on the internet.

Hey, all I know is that if I ever had a problem with Quadratec, I KNOW they would resolve it with ME and I'd never have to try threatening them with the BBB.

On the other hand, I know there are customers I wouldn't EVER capitulate to if they gave me the kind of attitude that I SUSPECT you gave Quadratec. So good on them.

Unread 05-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #129
alan93
2011 WK 

Quote:

On the other hand, I know there are customers I wouldn't EVER capitulate to if they gave me the kind of attitude that I SUSPECT you gave Quadratec. So good on them.

Oh yea, like communicating a failed product in regards to their published warranty is an "attitude'.

Let me correct you yet one more time, an "attitude" is better described as harassing forum posters with belligerent responses while not offering anything on topic for the benefit of the rest of the forum users.

I posted my experience of having bought a liner for my Jeep from a company mentioned in the thread.

How about you doing the same instead of posting off topic responses describing your fantasies about being in business so you can trash customers you disagree with.
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #130
Kev M
2012 WK 

Ok,

I purchased QuadraTec liners. They are great, as has been their customer service over the past decade I've been a customer.

I can't imagine any reasonable person having a problem with them.

ymmv

peace out
Unread 05-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #131
alan93
2011 WK 

Quote:
Ok,

I purchased QuadraTec liners. They are great, as has been their customer service over the past decade I've been a customer.

I can't imagine any reasonable person having a problem with them.

ymmv

peace out
I certainly commend them for replacing mine that fell apart.
Its just sad that it took a BBB mediation to do it.

The question is how long it will be before the label falls off this new one leaving another set of holes in the liner.

I will just have to be much more careful and gentle with it from now on I guess.
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #132
GoodTexan

Just got the beige Weathertechs for our new '14 WK2 Overland. They were our only real option since we have the light frost beige interior and all the other options we've seen only come in gray or black.

Only complaints are:
1) Doesn't protect driver left foot rest area. There's plenty of room to move the coverage up the foot well. Weathertech - stop being so stingy with the plastic. $0.25 more platic is all it takes to fix the issue.

2) There is the typical 1" of play around the liner edges and the '14 WK2 foot wells. Weathertech should either stop talking about how these are 'laser cut' when I could free-hand cut these things closer than they did or buy the guy operating the laser (mr. magoo) a new pair of glasses.

Weathertech reminds me of the typical company that has a decent product, overcharges for it since they don't have significant competition, stagnates and then files brankruptcy once a more competant busniessman enters the market and actually cares about product quality.
GoodTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #133
jacko15
2014 WK 

I had WeatherTechs in my Buick Enclave, and although they fit quite well, they didn't cover the left foot rest in that vehicle either. I got a lot of snow melt on the carpet because of that. I went with Husky Liners for my JGC because they cover that area much better, and unlike the molded plastic footrest in my Buick, the Jeep is carpeted in that area.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #134
SkyHigh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Man some tough customers in here! I think the weathertech liners are awesome.
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #135
rmac427
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Weathertech liners are great! Kept my carpets looking like new. I have a used full set (front, back, and cargo area) for the WK2 for sale. PM me if you are interested.
rmac427 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.