Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 09-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #91
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
Also you can go to other websites and get Weathertechs cheaper 4WDparts and probably Amazon.

I have Rugged Ridges for 4 months now and am very pleased plus they were significantly cheaper than Weathertechs.
Hopefully I will be proven wrong, but everyone I know who has the rugged ridge or quadratec liners (rebadged rugged ridge) has had them loose form within the first year to two years.

Unread 09-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #92
audioserf
2012 WK 

I bought a full set (fronts, rear, cargo) of Weathertech's for my WK2. I've had them for about three weeks now and they're fantastic. They fit perfectly, blend right in with the interior, and are of a high build quality. I didn't like the chunky tire-tread look of the Mopar product, and am happy with my Weathertech purchase.
audioserf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #93
HoustonRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioserf
I bought a full set (fronts, rear, cargo) of Weathertech's for my WK2. I've had them for about three weeks now and they're fantastic. They fit perfectly, blend right in with the interior, and are of a high build quality. I didn't like the chunky tire-tread look of the Mopar product, and am happy with my Weathertech purchase.
I ordered the weathertech sets for the JGC and the Wrangler, as much as I wanted to try something else. I've had weathertechs in all of the vehicles I can remember from Nissan,Toyota, Ford to Mercedes and Jeep and seems like the fit varies. Long as it covers well, I'm ok. I gets em dirty from time to time.

Sent from my '12 JGC Overland Summit 4x4 Hemi using JeepForum
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #94
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRider View Post
I ordered the weathertech sets for the JGC and the Wrangler, as much as I wanted to try something else. I've had weathertechs in all of the vehicles I can remember from Nissan,Toyota, Ford to Mercedes and Jeep and seems like the fit varies. Long as it covers well, I'm ok. I gets em dirty from time to time.

I've got them on both our '11 GC and our '12 JK Unlimited, the fit and finish is top notch.
Unread 09-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #95
JeepJeep2012
2012 WK 

I can't believe that there are 7 pages talking about freaking floor mats.
JeepJeep2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #96
HoustonRider

I'll help ya get to 8 pages... Weathertechs were on my front porch when we got back from tinting the Wrangler. Didn't get the cargo mat yet for some reason.

image-747322716.jpg

image-3468923797.jpg

Unread 09-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #97
LoneStarJeep11
2011 WK 

^^Those look nice!
LoneStarJeep11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #98
eibyer

HR, did you get one for the rears also?
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #99
HoustonRider

Yeah, all 4. Two fronts, one 2nd row and one cargo. The cargo mat isn't here yet.

image-2423415442.jpg

Unread 09-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #100
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post

Yeah the weathertechs cost more but they are made in America (Bolingbrook, IL to be exact) not made in a foreign country like others are. They are guaranteed to hold their shape where others will collapse in (quadrajunk).

If you're a member of AAA you'll even save your self 5%.
FYI - Quadratec changed their supplier a few months back. They are made in the US as well (I think it was a California company, I'd have to check to be sure).
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #101
eibyer

That does look like better coverage than the one that came with my vehicle. Something else to think about... still have to get the ATC upgrade
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #102
JeepJeep2012
2012 WK 

I will never buy from Weather tech. They screwed me (not on a Jeep) so I am forever done with that company... Made in the USA or not!
JeepJeep2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #103
moymch
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poomobile View Post
i have weathertechs in my other vehicle and hate them. Hard plastic feels cheap under my feet. When dirty, the dirt doesn't go down into the grooves because there aren't any...heels always have loose dirt under them.

Went with slush mats and like them. Do not cover as well as weather tech but work good enough for me!
+1
moymch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #104
Justal13
2012 WK 

My Weathertechs are now 1 year old and have gone through all seasons. They still look like new and I have no issues with the sides folding down as some have mentioned. They definitely cover the floor almost 100% in both front and back seats and cargo compartment. I had a container with a few gallons of water overturn in the cargo area, and none of it got on the carpet.

I got mine through my local Jeep dealer for less than I could find on e-Bay or Amazon.
dsci0517.jpg   dsci0442.jpg   dsci0467.jpg  
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #105
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

Hint for those that want their weathertechs to be "shiny like new" again..

Throw some tire foam on them after cleaning/scrubbing. Let it soak in and then wipe off the excess. I did this and mine looked great for a long time after. My floormats take a beating and they never really looked clean no matter how hard I scrubbed until I did this.

Warning: it slicks them up for a few days, too haha
2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
hur1ey02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.