Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #76
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Bought the Mopar Slush Mats dealer gave me them for $68 after tax.

I like em I have weathertechs in my GF's TC little stiff these were over a $100 cheaper and were in stock at my dealer.
I do agree i wish they had more material on the gas side. but what can i complain I got the front and rear set for $68!

The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #77
SplitPoly
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg012GCO
The weathertechs I got are perfect. They fit perfect. They're stiff. The coverage exceeds mopar's coverage. I must be a complete idiot.
Gratuitous interior pics of said WeatherTech mats? I'm curious to see how well they fit. Would like to order a set. Thanks!
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #78
Greg012GCO
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitPoly View Post
Gratuitous interior pics of said WeatherTech mats? I'm curious to see how well they fit. Would like to order a set. Thanks!
page 1 of this thread has a great pic.
Greg012GCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #79
mcskeeto

When I go to the weathertech site and put in the 2012 cherokee, it states there are no all weather mats available for this vehicle.
mcskeeto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #80
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Try 2011

Also you can go to other websites and get Weathertechs cheaper 4WDparts and probably Amazon.

I have Rugged Ridges for 4 months now and am very pleased plus they were significantly cheaper than Weathertechs.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #81
mcskeeto

Tried it but still says it has no mats available. I'm looking at the floor mats and not the liners.
Unread 09-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #82
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Liners

Are better than the mats especially com the winter.
Unread 09-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #83
mcskeeto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
Are better than the mats especially com the winter.
It seems like the mats are more heavy duty and the liners more flimsy. It is only an impression from the pictures. I have owned the mats before and I liked them but maybe the liners are just as good or better maybe.
Unread 09-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #84
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

real world

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcskeeto View Post
It seems like the mats are more heavy duty and the liners more flimsy. It is only an impression from the pictures. I have owned the mats before and I liked them but maybe the liners are just as good or better maybe.
Liners are more heavy duty and trap mud, water, snow and slush. I know they trap mud, water, and dirt from experience since several times a month I am out working dogs in fields that vary from dusty and dry to muddy and wet. Liners keep the crap and I do mean crap since my dogs and I are working sheep in the liners.I have only had my GC since May but I am sure the liners will hold slush and snow. Other nice thing about liners is I dont have to worry if water or soda bottles leak.

If you have to Weathertech try other retailers like Summit Racing, Jegs, 4wdpart etc for better pricing and deals on shipping. My sis has the Weathertech liners in her Tahoe and I think the Rugged Ridge are nicer and cheaper.
Unread 09-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #85
rmac427
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I had Weathertech floor liners in my 2011 Grand Cherokee and I loved them. They fit better, covered more area, and held more slush/dirt/water/ect. than any floormat I have used. I liked these mats so much that I plan to buy a set for my future vehicles also. Sadly, the 2011 Grand Cherokee is no longer with me, so I have a full set of grey Weathertech floor liners for sale. PM me if you are interested.
rmac427 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #86
HoustonRider

Liners. I've had em in all my vehicles for last 10 years at least. They aren't as thick, but no way you are ever gonna wear thru em. Not in 50 years.

Plus they fit better than all weathers. No doubt.

Sent from my Arctic Cold SuperDuty 6.7L using JeepForum
Unread 09-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #87
dizz1979
2012 WK 

Bought a pair of Mopars, never used them becuase I also bought a set of Weathertech's. No comparison, Weathertech hands down. Sold the Mopars for what I paid for them.
dizz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #88
eibyer

The rear ones by Mopar doesn't work too well, lots of exposed areas. It was free though so I couldn't really complain. Maybe I will get a different one for the rear.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #89
HoustonRider

The WeatherTech Liners are $180 for the front and rear seats (3 pieces) and $110 for the cargo area.... $300 for all 4 liners direct from WeatherTech.

I kinda like the Quadratec mats, almost the same price, about $27 shipping. I may try those this time around.
Unread 09-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #90
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizz1979 View Post
Bought a pair of Mopars, never used them becuase I also bought a set of Weathertech's. No comparison, Weathertech hands down. Sold the Mopars for what I paid for them.
X2 for the weathertech's.

I almost bought the Mopar mats, but just bit the bullet and got the weathertechs for our WK2 and JK. I previously owned the Mopar mats for a past JK and hated them. Too much crap getting caught up in the crevasses not mention a pain in the *** to clean because of the design.

Yeah the weathertechs cost more but they are made in America (Bolingbrook, IL to be exact) not made in a foreign country like others are. They are guaranteed to hold their shape where others will collapse in (quadrajunk).

If you're a member of AAA you'll even save your self 5%.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.