Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #61
FlyinJeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

About the Weather Techs; they are made in the USA.

I have them in my Jeep and my wife’s car and really like them. IMO, a great product for a reasonable cost. Always find it kind of ironic that someone will drop $40K for an American icon like the Jeep and then throw Chinese mats in it because they are $100 cheaper, just saying...

The company works hard to have great customer service and the owner of the company seems to care about keeping manufacturing jobs here in the U.S. For those of us that live here in the states, I think that should mean something. Read up on it; wish more companies had this dedication to manufacturing quality products. Just my 2 cents worth

FlyinJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 01:49 AM   #62
PDX-TJ

I didn't buy Mopar because they are $100 cheaper, I bought them because the WT in my other car are crap. I never complained about the price of the WT's. Just the fit, feel, and quality, which were all way below expectations. YMMV.
ORA2
PDX-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 04:21 AM   #63
rockspyder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I bought Mopars because they were cheaper. I have also noticed since buying them that a friends Pilot has the Weather Techs, and they are starting to food down a little. At least on the passenger side. Not terribly, but a little.

I'm still not sure which I think are better. The WT seem to cover a little more than the Mopars. What I think I'd really like are the Huskyliners.
rockspyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #64
drballard33
2011 WK 

I bought the Mopar mats on Ebay and just put them in last week. Overall I am very happy with them, wish they were a bit thicker, but they do the job fairly well. I bought the GMC mats for my wifes Acadia and they are a much better quality mat, extremely thick, and heavy duty and they cover more of the floor, I was surprised that Jeep made them so thin, but they do a pretty good job overall. The weathertech mats look very nice, I just cant see spending that money on floor mats.
drballard33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #65
curbry
2012 WK 

I have an issue with my Mopar mats. The passenger side curled up and has never actually laid right on the floor. I went to the dealer to have them warrantied, so I will see what happpens. Waiting on the dealers response.

Also, the passenger side mat is the only one I have issue with. The driverside and the back is perfect. For $140 you can get the whole kit including the cargo mat.

2004 WJ 4.0L, 4x4 automatic 42re select trac, 242 tcase, d30 & d35, manual AC - my run around

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 with some goodies but nothing major yet...
curbry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #66
BigM-740
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
I agree completly. I have the Mopar mats and they rock.. The wife spilled a full cup of coffee the other day and not one drop hit the carpet...
Hey Cabbie, the car's rear in your profile pic... is that yours ?
BigM-740 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #67
2MchFun
2011 WK 

Lookin' good Justal - I especially like the pink pillow
Good idea on the dead pedal mod!
Unread 01-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #68
curbry
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbry View Post
I have an issue with my Mopar mats. The passenger side curled up and has never actually laid right on the floor. I went to the dealer to have them warrantied, so I will see what happpens. Waiting on the dealers response.

Also, the passenger side mat is the only one I have issue with. The driverside and the back is perfect. For $140 you can get the whole kit including the cargo mat.
I was pleasantly surpirsed to get a call from my dealer that Jeep is warrantying the mats. I am stopping by for a whole new set of mats today.

2004 WJ 4.0L, 4x4 automatic 42re select trac, 242 tcase, d30 & d35, manual AC - my run around

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 with some goodies but nothing major yet...
curbry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #69
rustyosaurus
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justal13 View Post
Ya need to check your monitor color resolution. Those are burgundy pillows...the wife likes using them on trips. Might need to trade them for some charcoal grey pillows with the Jeep logo on them...
i still don't understand where you got the jeep logos from for the WT mats?
rustyosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #70
JABEACHFANZ
2012 WK 

Do they have more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justal13 View Post
Personally, I am happy with my decision to go with the Weathertech mats for front, middle and cargo area. They cover much better than the Mopar mats, and they are a more precision fit than the Husky mats - particularly the middle row. I like the fact that they are easy to keep clean, with no deep groves and recesses. I just sponge and wipe them off, never have to remove them to pressure or hose wash at the carwash.

I purchased the Weathertechs from my Jeep dealer parts department at a good discount ($149 for the fronts and middle, and $99 for the cargo mat). They recommended them over the Mopar mats.

I have the Jeep Logos on mine, and I made a dead-pedal cover from a rubber/plastic stair-tred cover (the only reason I was considering the Husky mats was dead-pedal area coverage, now a non-issue). Here are some photos I snapped this afternoon, I apologize for the dirty exterior, as we have some sloppy weather with snow on and off the past week:
I have been wanting the Weathertechs for my jeep but I don't like the logo. I'm interested if anyone know who carries the ones with the jeep logo !
JABEACHFANZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #71
superserialMBP
2012 WK 

Good idea on the dead pedal cover. My like the Mopar ones, but the short dead pedal coverage leaves some carpet open to where my foot rests. I might try to make something similar to slip in behind the Mopar mat like you did. Where is a good place to buy that rubber/plastic stair-tred cover material?
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #72
mistadobalina
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahB View Post
I think I paid $70 on fleabay for the front and rear Mopar mats without the cargo mat. They look fantastic and handle all of the crap you can throw at them. I really don't see the point in paying extra for the Weathertech...
Ive owned lots of vehicles and always get a set of rubber slush mats. I picked up a set of front and rear mopar mats and they are the best product of any of them. I love them! I drive GSA Tahoes at work and we have weathertech mats. They always curl up and look like crap. Mopars are the way to go. I gave $90 at the dealer for F/R. Im sure ebay can be had cheaper.
mistadobalina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #73
l8tapex
2012 WK 

Driver side. I have they cargo bay too but its in the other car until I get the Jeep in.However since I only paid 180 for fronts and cargo, seeing all the Mopar recomendations I may have to go Mopar.
photo.jpg  
l8tapex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #74
scottfehr
2012 WK 

I ordered the full Weathertechs yesterday because 1. Always been happy with them, and 2. Wanted tan for my frost/beige interior.
scottfehr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #75
Greg012GCO
2012 WK 

The weathertechs I got are perfect. They fit perfect. They're stiff. The coverage exceeds mopar's coverage. I must be a complete idiot.
Greg012GCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.