Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats?

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 04-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #31
bobholthaus
2007 WK 

I have had weather tech mats and floor liners in my last few vehicles. They are far superior to ANY brand of oem mat I've seen. Go weather tech, you won't be disappointed.

'07 GC CRD Limited - OEM 08 HID's - OEM 08 Chrome 18" Wheels - 265/60-18 Bridgestone Revo 2s - Valentine 1 - Weathertech Cargo Liner & Mats - UConnect - PIAA 1000 Driving Lights - Garmin 750 - Cargo Area LEDs - Mopar Remote Start - HID fogs
bobholthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #32
shmoods
2014 WK 

Finally got the Weather Tech Mats, and the quality was definitely worth the cost. The fit is perfect.
Unread 10-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #33
MandyLynne
2011 WK 

I bought the husky liners for my last vehicle and loved how they contained all the mud, dirt, snow, water, etc. I live in the country so my feet are constantly muddy and or covered in snow during the winter. .. They are on my "to buy" list... and they are a lot cheaper than the weather techs. I don't like the look of the mopars because I do live in an area where I need more coverage.
MandyLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #34
Brady12

I bought the mopar mats for $85. They fit nicely. I am driving from home to office and around city w/family. Don't need the $300 mats, though I am sure they are nice.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #35
Jerm87
2011 WK 

Bought the black WeatherTech mats for both rows, and rear cargo liner. First time buying the brand because of the higher cost, but when I just spent $43000 I want the best. They are the way to go, FOR SURE! Easy to take right out and wipe off. Def spend the extra money and go with them.
Unread 10-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #36
pjkatz04
2002 WJ 

Got weathertech for my wj. They never let me down.
Unread 10-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #37
bigwindy

Weather tech! I bought the slush mats at first and quickly returned them due to poor coverage. The weather tech have a stupid logo, but you never notice it once you are in the jeep, and the protection can't be beat.
bigwindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #38
Iamnid
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwindy
Weather tech! I bought the slush mats at first and quickly returned them due to poor coverage. The weather tech have a stupid logo, but you never notice it once you are in the jeep, and the protection can't be beat.
I got the weathertechs as well. The logo comes off very easily if you don't like it
Iamnid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #39
hammer1234
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamnid View Post
I got the weathertechs as well. The logo comes off very easily if you don't like it
Yup...the logo came off on our driver's front mat on its own after a few months of use.
hammer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #40
PDX-TJ

Old thread, but thought I'd chime in...

I have Weatherteck mats in my wifes Yukon XL Denali (all three rows plus cargo). It was a $400 investment, and I hate them. The plastic is super hard which ruins the nice interior feel of these expensive automobiles. And the fit is good, but only if they stay in place (which they never do). They are basically plastic trays, and as such they slide around. I have gripes with all front, middle, and cargo areas:

Front: Mats slide around The walls don't stay tight against the carpet so junk can slide down behind the mats. Also, they have warped on the side by the kick panels.

Middle: These mats are deep, which some say is nice in case you spill. But how much are you planning on spilling. The walls of these mats basically create a tripping hazard for small kids. Also, they leave a lot of easly opening for debris to get under there.

Cargo: Again the walls... the mat slides around by an inch or so side-to-side. Then something get's put on top of that wall, pinching it down. Then you can't make the wall sit verticle anymore.

Overall, the mats fit good, but it's worthless if they don't stay in place. And Weathertech are very lightweight (they are light, hard plastic, not heavy rubber like other mats). So when they move (and they will), the walls don't protect anything... worse they become a tripping hazzard or they get bent down anc won't go back.

I have had Weathertech for about 14 months, and they are terrible. I will never buy from them again.

For my WK2 I'm going with OEM slush mats.
ORA2
PDX-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #41
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx-tj View Post
old thread, but thought i'd chime in...

I have weatherteck mats in my wifes yukon xl denali (all three rows plus cargo). It was a $400 investment, and i hate them. The plastic is super hard which ruins the nice interior feel of these expensive automobiles. And the fit is good, but only if they stay in place (which they never do). They are basically plastic trays, and as such they slide around. I have gripes with all front, middle, and cargo areas:

front: mats slide around the walls don't stay tight against the carpet so junk can slide down behind the mats. Also, they have warped on the side by the kick panels.

middle: these mats are deep, which some say is nice in case you spill. But how much are you planning on spilling. The walls of these mats basically create a tripping hazard for small kids. Also, they leave a lot of easly opening for debris to get under there.

cargo: again the walls... The mat slides around by an inch or so side-to-side. Then something get's put on top of that wall, pinching it down. Then you can't make the wall sit verticle anymore.

overall, the mats fit good, but it's worthless if they don't stay in place. And weathertech are very lightweight (they are light, hard plastic, not heavy rubber like other mats). So when they move (and they will), the walls don't protect anything... Worse they become a tripping hazzard or they get bent down anc won't go back.

I have had weathertech for about 14 months, and they are terrible. I will never buy from them again.

For my wk2 i'm going with oem slush mats.

+1
BobsWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #42
2MchFun
2011 WK 

Are those the mats or the floor liners?
Mine (floor liners - not mats) fit perfectly and have none of the issues you point out.
Mats are more of a "universal fit" while floor liners are made for a specific vehicle.
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #43
PDX-TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MchFun
Are those the mats or the floor liners?
Mine (floor liners - not mats) fit perfectly and have none of the issues you point out.
Mats are more of a "universal fit" while floor liners are made for a specific vehicle.
They are the floor liners... The ones Weathertech advertises as laser cut for precision fit.

In reality they are nothing more than hard plastic trays.

I seriously don't understand what all the hype is about. They don't perform as advertised and they look like crap
ORA2
PDX-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #44
2MchFun
2011 WK 

Mine fit perfectly and perform as advertised.
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #45
Mojo51
2012 WK 

I bought the mopar ones. I like the way they look. We haven't had a good snow yet so performance wise I can't comment.
Mojo51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.