Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 04-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #16
fleuger99
2011 WK 

I had the Weathertech liners and cargo mat for the rear of my last vehicle but this time around I decided to buy the Huskey liners and cargo mat as a result of someone's suggestion on another forum and they were slightly cheaper than the Weathertechs.

The Huskey floor liners work perfectly and as well as the Weathertech ones did but I'm not too impressed with their cargo mat as the fit is not great.

Unread 04-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #17
hammer1234
2011 WK 

Trigger pulled on the WeatherTech mats...just over $300 with shipping. Hope they are worth it...
hammer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #18
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer1234 View Post
Trigger pulled on the WeatherTech mats...just over $300 with shipping. Hope they are worth it...
Was that front/rear only or front/rear/cargo area?
Unread 04-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #19
hammer1234
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
Was that front/rear only or front/rear/cargo area?
Front, rear, and cargo area. We go camping in the warmer months and I want to protect as much of the carpet as I can.
Unread 04-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #20
poomobile
2011 WK 

I have weathertechs in my other vehicle and hate them. Hard plastic feels cheap under my feet. When dirty, the dirt doesn't go down into the grooves because there aren't any...heels always have loose dirt under them.

Went with slush mats and like them. Do not cover as well as weather tech but work good enough for me!
poomobile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #21
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

i've had weathertech's in all of my jeeps, and I wouldn't trade them for any other mat. I compared them to huskyliners in my bro's truck, and the weathertechs are much higher quality in my opinion. They're thicker and more rigid, but that's just my preference. I hate stepping on the sides of the flimsy husky liners and it bending under my foot, so I waited until WT released them for the WK2.

I don't have any experience with the mopar ones, though. I just tend to stay away from OEM accessories b/c they tend to be wayyyyy over priced. If you do go with slushmats, there is a vendor in the display that's offering the mopar slush mats at a good discount .. might save ya some dough.
2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
hur1ey02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #22
hammer1234
2011 WK 

The WeatherTech mats and cargo liner are now installed. The overall fit is quite good but the driver's mat initially stuck out a bit near the gas pedal which was a bit concerning. Seems like it's OK now that the mat has had a chance to seat in the spot.

The passenger front mat had a hole for a hook but there is no hook there. Didn't seem to affect the fit or the stability.

Main thing that I goofed up on is that I went with the gray mats instead of the tan ones...and with the Graystone interior the carpet is actually more of a tan. The gray does match/complement the seat color pretty well so it isn't all bad, and it blends in much better than the black would have. It just isn't a color match to the carpet.
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #23
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer1234 View Post
The passenger front mat had a hole for a hook but there is no hook there. Didn't seem to affect the fit or the stability.
I noticed this, too. The "hole" is kind of raised so it doesn't allow any excess water or slush down to the carpet. I was actually really suprised that Jeep didn't put a hook on the passenger side to secure the floor mats. I'm 99% sure that my JK and TJ had them.

Oh well.
2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #24
silver04
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hur1ey02 View Post
I noticed this, too. The "hole" is kind of raised so it doesn't allow any excess water or slush down to the carpet. I was actually really suprised that Jeep didn't put a hook on the passenger side to secure the floor mats. I'm 99% sure that my JK and TJ had them.

Oh well.
My Laredo has the plastic hook on the passenger side.
silver04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #25
cmr771
2011 WK 

I had the Weathertech mats in my 2008 WK and they were fantastic! Perfect fit too! Only advice I would offer is to those who live in a winter/snowy climate. The Weathertech mats do not have grooves to keep the water away from shoes or slacks when driving to and from work.
Other than that, nothing but good things to say.
Cheers,
cmr771 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 05:47 AM   #26
2011Hemi
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver04 View Post
My Laredo has the plastic hook on the passenger side.
My Limited also has the hook on the passenger side.
2011Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #27
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Hemi View Post
My Limited also has the hook on the passenger side.
Weird. Maybe mine was one of the earlier models and they added that later. Mine's a Laredo X (26).
2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
Unread 04-18-2011, 04:32 AM   #28
hammer1234
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hur1ey02 View Post
Weird. Maybe mine was one of the earlier models and they added that later. Mine's a Laredo X (26).
My Laredo X has an early delivery date so I think that's what happened.
Unread 04-18-2011, 06:18 AM   #29
magr80
2011 WK 

Guys, do either of the cargo mats scuff up the chrome rails in the back??
magr80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #30
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magr80 View Post
Guys, do either of the cargo mats scuff up the chrome rails in the back??
The mopar mats are rubber and the Weather Tech mats are a softer plastic so I would presume no.

Besides, it's a Jeep. What do we care about stinking chrome.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.