Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
shmoods
2014 WK 

Weathertech or Mopar All Season Mats?

Any opinions on the subject? The Weathertech mats seem to be a little more pricey than the Mopar mats, anyone have experience with both and is it worth the extra $$ for Weathertech?? Any other brands I should consider?

Thanks!

Unread 03-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
MWB14

I have the mopar front and rear slush mats with the cargo mat, they are good quality and the fit is perfect. I like that the front mats cover quite a bit of the floor, only problem is that they are not really a tray type, meaning that snow and water will run off of them if there is a lot of it. Rear mat is nice, it covers the entire back seat area with a Jeep logo on it, the cargo mat fits very nice as well, with cutouts to access the tie downs.
MWB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
hammer1234
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWB14 View Post
I have the mopar front and rear slush mats with the cargo mat, they are good quality and the fit is perfect. I like that the front mats cover quite a bit of the floor, only problem is that they are not really a tray type, meaning that snow and water will run off of them if there is a lot of it. Rear mat is nice, it covers the entire back seat area with a Jeep logo on it, the cargo mat fits very nice as well, with cutouts to access the tie downs.
How much do they run?
hammer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
shmoods
2014 WK 

I think you can get the Mopar front, back, and cargo for about $150 maybe less if you shop around. The weathertech run about $270 for the same pieces. I havent been able to find them cheaper.
Unread 03-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

The Mopar mats look good, but from what I'm seeing, the Wheather Tech mats looks like they'll do a better job of containing any mess with how high they appear to rise around the edges. Plus the Weather Tech mats don't appear to have the deep tread block design so they'll be significantly easier to clean.

Weather Tech mats for 2011 Grand Cherokee

Mopar mats for 2011 Grand Cherokee

When I'm reach to pick up a set I think I'll be leaning toward the Weather Tech mats.
Unread 03-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
MWB14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer1234 View Post
How much do they run?
I don't think they are to expensive, mine came with the All Waether Capability Group, so I did not purchase them after market. I think I have seen them for around $150-$175 for everything.
MWB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
silver04
2011 WK 

I don't know what mopar mats you guys have but the mopar slush mats I have will take near 1/2'' of water and contain it.
silver04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #8
JeremiahB

I think I paid $70 on fleabay for the front and rear Mopar mats without the cargo mat. They look fantastic and handle all of the crap you can throw at them. I really don't see the point in paying extra for the Weathertech...
JeremiahB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #9
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahB View Post
I really don't see the point in paying extra for the Weathertech...
Look at how they're designed in relation to the Mopar mats and you'll see they'll do a better job keeping your carpet cleaner. They also rise up higher on the sides and appear to do a better job of using the bottom as a catch basin.

Don't get me wrong, the Mopar slush mats look cool, but I don't see them doing as good of a job protecting the carpeting. When you've already spent around $40k for a vehicle, I don't see the big deal spending a little extra $$$$ on something to protect it. Just my

Mopart Slush Mats

Weather Tech Mats

Some how I don't see as much slop getting on the carpet with the Weather Tech mats.
Unread 03-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
JeremiahB

I guess it's all on how you view it. The most mine ever sees is snow and rain. The amount that I can throw at the floor mats will never require the Weather Tech.
JeremiahB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #11
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I guess it's all on how you view it. The most mine ever sees is snow and rain. The amount that I can throw at the floor mats will never require the Weather Tech.
In that respect I'm no different than you.

What turns me off to the Mopar mats is they appear to not rise up on the sides to protect the carpet near the door sill, trans tunnel or by the gas pedal. I had a set of the Mopar mats for my JKU, they were adequate, but nothing to write home about since they didn't completely protect the carpeting.

Beyond that, I thinkthe soft rubber compound and the tread block type design are going to make a pain in the arse to clean compared to the Weather Tech design IMO.

No big deal, to each their own.
Unread 03-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #12
ternst

The opposite about cleaning is true for me. I've been using the Husky's in my truck for a year and they are a pain in the butt to remove for cleaning - in fact I had to put a rubber mat on top of them and then could easily remove the rubber mat and shake it out. Sounds like the Mopars would be a lot easier to remove and clean since they are rubber instead of stiff plastic, so I'll only have to buy one set, and at half price too!
ternst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
Cabbie
2011 WK 

Quote:
I think I paid $70 on fleabay for the front and rear Mopar mats without the cargo mat. They look fantastic and handle all of the crap you can throw at them. I really don't see the point in paying extra for the Weathertech...
I agree completly. I have the Mopar mats and they rock.. The wife spilled a full cup of coffee the other day and not one drop hit the carpet...
Unread 04-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #14
hammer1234
2011 WK 

Found out that the Mopar mats only come in black...and I have the gray interior.
hammer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 07:50 AM   #15
llcustom
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I ordered the black Weathertech for the wife’s Limited (Black carpet) and they ROCK. Fit is perfect. I was afraid they were going to be slick due to the harder plastic look but they are not, grips your boot or shoe nice. So impressed I ordered a set for my daughters 2009 WK.
I did not like the Tread look of the Mopar mats
llcustom is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.