Warranty worth it? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Warranty worth it?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #61
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoods View Post
Anyone use this site to buy there warranty? http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com The cost is a lot less than from the Chrysler site, and I want to make sure its legit and that it is in fact the same coverage and would be honored at any Jeep Dealership?
They are a chrysler dealer and legit. Most local dealers will match their price if you ask them nicely. The warranty price is negotiable, plenty of profit margin.

Unread 04-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #62
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoods View Post
Anyone use this site to buy there warranty? http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com The cost is a lot less than from the Chrysler site, and I want to make sure its legit and that it is in fact the same coverage and would be honored at any Jeep Dealership?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
They're legit.
If you browse the site -
Harold Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep
1186 East M-89
Plainwell, MI 49080
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #63
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

I bought mine from the folks that Lee just called out. Totally satisfied with the transaction and they provided the best quote I had available...
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #64
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

online vs. dealer

I have read the above thread and it snds like buying from a dealer online is legit. Are the Chrysler warrantys avail online after purchase any different in any way (other then cheaper ) from the ones the dealer sells you at the day of purchase? The dealer tried to imply they were and kept harping on the fact that theirs were backed by "Zurich", implying any post sale warrantys were not which seems weird but I was tired by that point .

I just realized that while I got a smokin deal on the GC I overpaid for the warranty when I check the sites listed in this thread (which are several hundred dollars less and I wonder:

-can I void the warranty now with the dealer (I signed all paperwork and take delivery tomorrow) or wait until the contract shows up and cancel it then?

- if I cancel a factory warranty now, will I be able to still get a factory plan later from a website with the same VIN?

One thing that seemed a little weird about the websites is they don't differentiate b/t a Laredo and an overland which seems weird

Thx!
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #65
jacko15
2014 WK 

I took delivery of my '14 Overland on Saturday. I took a copy of Zeigler's quoted price for my vehicle with me. The business manager at my dealer immediately said he would match this price for me. Done deal!
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #66
TAWS600

You could probably do both but I would cancel at time of purchase. I think u have 60 days to cancel afterwards but have to pay a small fee. Otherwise I would tell the dealer about the online price and make them match or tell them u don't want it.
TAWS600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 04:06 AM   #67
diver110
2009 WK 

Chrysler products ain't Toyotas. Get the warranty. You will use it. I like to think of it as prepaid repair expenses where a max is set. Very unlikely the engine or tranny will go in a 100,000 miles, but the AC could. That alone could cover the cost. Ditto quadralift.
Unread 04-15-2013, 04:46 AM   #68
Bengals1
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03stage2
hey guys, yesterday we bought a 2011 GC Overland. It still has 10,000 miles of bumper to bumper left and we were offered 7 years 100,000 miles of bumper to bumper for $1900. My question is how reliable are these trucks? I have heard the air ride suspension can get very expensive to fix, is this true? Do you guys think the warranty is worth it?

Thanks for any input!
Since you bought your Jeep used, I would buy a extended Chrysler warranty. Who knows how the old owner treated your Jeep
Bengals1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #69
pwrdbym

I just purchased a new 2013 Overland. I had the dealer throw in the 6/60 max care plan as part of the deal. I did really pay for the warranty as I'm confident they would have discounted the car some more in lieu of the warranty. I traditionally am not a fan of extended warranties; I've never bought one before. From a pure financial perspective the odds favor just putting the money in the bank for car repairs. These companies don't price out warranties in order to lose money. For every person that says they had thousands of dollars in repairs covered, there are probably 5 that didn't have any issues and totally lost the money.
And let's be honest about the vehicles we're driving, they are not the highest rated in terms of reliability.
If you are thinking about buying a warranty I would only get one from the manufacturer of the vehicle (Chrysler in this case). Third party warranty companies are notorious for rejecting claims for ridiculous reasons. I know a guy that worked at US Fidelis and he said the call centers were instructed to deny ALL claims that came in first. Only after the customer pressed the issues would they pay for it. But he said most customers would say OK and hang up. The manufacturers typically don't require quite the headache.
In my case I find myself away from home quite often and I don't want my wife to have to worry about negotiating car repairs as she isn't smart on cars. God knows how much she would pay for something outside of warranty. I went into this knowing that I could lose the warranty money, but I'm paying for the peace of mind over 6 years. While I'm deployed to the desert I don't need my wife calling to say I just paid $200 for new muffler bearings.
pwrdbym is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #70
Aus-Rick
2013 WK 

Wk $2500 (2 year) GC Extended New Car Warranty ?

Hey guys - I just bought a new 2013 Grand Cherokee (3.0L CRD Diesel) here in Australia - and the dealer is asking if I want the Extended Warranty (+ 24hr roadside assist) for A$/US$2500 !. In order to extend the standard 3 year / 100k warranty.

Regular servicing needs to be done by Jeep to keep it valid. Its an Insurance policy - and cover seems to be 'repair or replace', to cover 'defective material or workmanship'.

How to evaluate the price ? , do I really need it anyway, and are there other options around (though the cash isn't burning a hole in my pocket)
Aus-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #71
WK2BOYEE
2013 WK 

Extended my warranty thru Mopar (Chrysler, I believe) to 100k when I bought my 2013 Overland for around $1300! I think it's a no-brainer!
WK2BOYEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 07:34 AM   #72
ferntree

2014 WK 

Sorry to drag this thread back again but I'm about to pull the trigger on an extended warranty.
Have just found chrysler warranties.com are offering 96 month 120,000ml with a $100 deductible for about $2000 on the Eco. This is much better than the Mopar warranty I was going to go with - does anyone have any knowledge of this deal?

Officer, these handcuffs are tight!
Just relax, they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while....
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 07:58 AM   #73
NovaDiesel

Got an 8yr/120k extended warranty from Koons in Northern, VA as part of the DC group buy for $1950 (their cost is $1800) - $50 cheaper than the Ziegler price. 2014 Summit Diesel
NovaDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #74
jacko15
2014 WK 

My only comment would be to make sure it's a Chrysler service contract, which I believe yours is, and not a third party. The range over the last year that I've seen has been approximately $2,000 to $3,000, so your price looks pretty good.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #75
NovaDiesel

Indeed it is, it's the Mopar warranty - I sort of clowned the finance guy into showing me the cost sheet - which he did. His initial quote was $2800. Saw that their cost was $1800 - I offered $1900, but he wouldn't bite. Ended up taking $1950 for MaxCare/$100 8yr/120k.
NovaDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.