Volume on bluetooth at MAX - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Volume on bluetooth at MAX

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
tmcmons

Volume on bluetooth at MAX

I have the 430 radio in my 2012 Jeep. When i talk on the phone using bluetooth i have to put the volume at 100% to hear the other person. Is this normal. I mean I can hear them fine, but my volume is all the way up.

tmcmons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Greg012GCO
2012 WK 

Bluetooth through the radio, right? I don't have to max out my volume through the vehicle speakers. But I've always thought bluetooth ear pieces were not loud enough and have never been able to use them. I love the bluetooth uconnect in the Overland.
Greg012GCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
MONSooNmonkey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I don't use a stereo blue tooth device, I use the ear style and I can hear everything just fine.
I assume like with my ear piece that turning up your phone has no effect?

Over the ear blue tooth
I own the Cobra, bottom left of the page. I bought it to replace the El cheapo headset I got with my droid.
Unread 12-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
jaysco
2009 JK Wrangler 

Turn up the volume on your telephone while in a phone call. This should give it a little more
Unread 12-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
Bluehighways
2012 WK 

I have an iPhone 4 and the 430N with UConnect. When I get a phone call, the volume over the radio seems identical to the volume of whatever the radio was playing at the time, or was the last time I had it turned on.
Unread 12-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
MONSooNmonkey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysco View Post
Turn up the volume on your telephone while in a phone call. This should give it a little more
I doubt it makes a difference over blue tooth. My over the ear doesn't change volume with the phone, there are two buttons on it that change the volume.
Unread 12-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
nathantw
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSooNmonkey View Post
I doubt it makes a difference over blue tooth. My over the ear doesn't change volume with the phone, there are two buttons on it that change the volume.
It does over u-connect though.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
curbry
2012 WK 

I noticed this with our new 12 wk2. The uconnect volume is damn near all the way up and the radio is no where near that loud to hear. I will see what the dealer says when I take it in for the 1st oil change.

2004 WJ 4.0L, 4x4 automatic 42re select trac, 242 tcase, d30 & d35, manual AC - my run around

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 with some goodies but nothing major yet...
curbry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #9
tmcmons

Please let me know. I constantly have my volume at max and when i'm on the highway it can be hard to hear sometimes.
tmcmons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #10
curbry
2012 WK 

okay, well I swapped to the RBZ radio today and damn the UConnect volume sucks. I have it at max and it can barely be heard. At volume level 10 it's silent. I have the volume on the cell turned all the way up and the UC volume at max. I wonder it there is an update to this. Going to have to ask the dealer.

Original owner says he had no issue when it was in his jeep.

2004 WJ 4.0L, 4x4 automatic 42re select trac, 242 tcase, d30 & d35, manual AC - my run around

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 with some goodies but nothing major yet...
curbry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
C0mbatChris
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcmons View Post
I have the 430 radio in my 2012 Jeep. When i talk on the phone using bluetooth i have to put the volume at 100% to hear the other person. Is this normal. I mean I can hear them fine, but my volume is all the way up.
I'm having the same issue, dealer and U-Connect both say its normal... Anyone found a solution?
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Upgraded to 430N RHB MyGig }{ 3.6L V6 Laredo X }{ Off-Road Adventure I }{ Trail Rated }{ QTII }{ Selec-Terrain }{ OEM Skid Plate Group }{ Flex Fuel[/FONT][/CENTER][/COLOR]
C0mbatChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #12
padgett
2012 WK 

I turn it all the way up but am deef as a post. When boosted half way is fine. Keep in mind the bluetooth volume is a different setting from the radio, you have to be in phone mode to set it.

Does where you have the volume on the phone set affect it ?

One of these is a turbo diesel.
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #13
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Not at 100% but I do have the volume turned up a bit. Like padgett, I'm a little hard of hearing You have to adjust the volume during a call.

By the way, and the suggestion was posted a year ago, using an over the ear headset or any over the ear audio device is illegal in most US states.
Unread 09-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #14
C0mbatChris
2011 WK 

I'm really debating whether or not to take my Jeep in for this... I've been dealing with it for awhile now, and it just doesn't seem right... I have to keep my bluetooth volume at 28-30 to be able to hear anything... But radio volume is normal at 15-20. I recently had the bluetooth module replaced in an attempt to fix it, so I know it's not that. I'm assuming it's something with the radio it self. Has anyone else taken theirs to the dealership for a fix?
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Upgraded to 430N RHB MyGig }{ 3.6L V6 Laredo X }{ Off-Road Adventure I }{ Trail Rated }{ QTII }{ Selec-Terrain }{ OEM Skid Plate Group }{ Flex Fuel[/FONT][/CENTER][/COLOR]
C0mbatChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #15
camaro307
2011 WK 

When my iPhone 4S is connected via Bluetooth, I have the radio volume at 20 and it seems plenty loud. I have not had this problem. What type of phone are you trying to connect with? And does the phone volume have any impact?
camaro307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.