V8 questions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > V8 questions

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 11-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #16
ecupip

I can get almost 500 about 480ish on a tank highway miles with the hemi. I could pass the 500 mark if I didn't care about running out of gas.

Unread 11-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #17
peckmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecupip View Post
I can get almost 500 about 480ish on a tank highway miles with the hemi. I could pass the 500 mark if I didn't care about running out of gas.
Wow. Thats awsome. I haven't taken a "road trip" yet but I am courious what I will get. Based on your results, I'm sure I'll be happy.
peckmv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #18
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

ya, miles per tank is a dumb comparison for fuel economy
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
UNCjeepWK2
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepOrvis97 View Post
ya, miles per tank is a dumb comparison for fuel economy
yes.
UNCjeepWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #20
jchochla

Is there really a big difference between the V8 and V6 (in MPG and acceleration)? I want to get a 2011/12, but don't know if i should get a V6 or V8. From youtube videos i've seen that the V6 is pretty quick when it comes to acceleration. I wonder how the V8 is....
jchochla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #21
fljeepleo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchochla
Is there really a big difference between the V8 and V6 (in MPG and acceleration)? I want to get a 2011/12, but don't know if i should get a V6 or V8. From youtube videos i've seen that the V6 is pretty quick when it comes to acceleration. I wonder how the V8 is....
Less than a second 0-60 difference.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7, QD2
fljeepleo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #22
WvTaco
2011 WK 

the gears in the v6 lack alittle stop to wot, 1st will shift at 53mph, and second will shift at 83mpg, havnt went faster than that. but at 40-45mph and i punch it to pass, it will stay in second and take a few seconds to go.

0-60 hemi 7.3-7.5
0-60 penastar 8.3-8.5
WvTaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #23
peckmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchochla View Post
The mpg difference is not that much. The V8 is going to show its benefit when towing. The JGC is not a race car. The gearing is not set up for acceleration. Its all about torque.
peckmv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #24
Greg012GCO
2012 WK 

When it comes to mpg, how accurate is the reading the computer gives you? Miles per tank tells you nothing unless you run it to empty every time.

I like to reset the avg reading upon fill up. I only have 1200 miles on my JGC hemi, but my mileage is going up. Avg was 23 on the last tank, with conservative driving.
Greg012GCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.