Used 2012 GC limited - n00b questions - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-19-2013, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
dc12limited

Used 2012 GC limited - n00b questions

evening all,
i just bought a 2012 GC limited, and received it yesterday.

1. it only came with one key, and i've read that i can order an additional key fob from ebay or amazon and have the dealership "cut" it or program it to the car. does that mean it'll allow me to unlock when i get near the car or allow remote start, which this model seems to have?

2. i guess they removed the Push Start button, i've been having to put in the key. but the car menu says to press brake and push the Start button to start, so i assume this means i can replace this? anyone have a idea of cost to get this added back in?

3. U-connect - am i doing something wrong, i can't seem to find a dial keypad to make any calls, only allows me to talk to the car, but my it does not dial any of the names or numbers. this is frustrating, any way to fix this?

4. i bought it used with 40K miles, paid $29K, is that a good price? i'm in the dc area if that makes any diff, i researched prices and thought it was an ok deal.

thx everyone, guess i'll be busy this week reading the site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-19-2013, 11:32 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Welcome to the forum

1) Most dealers will not program a third party key FOB, you need to purchase one from them, otherwise you need to find a locksmith that will do it.

2) The start button is available at dealer parts counters and many on line stores, $15-$20. Perhaps part number 1FU931X9AC for 2011-2012. It just pops in and out.

3) U-connect is voice only, to dial you hit the phone button and voice command "dial" or "call" and say the number you want. If your phone is programed with contacts, you should be able to say one of the contacts names and the radio will coordinate with the phone to dial it for you. There is a section in the owners manual that covers it.

If the vehicle did not come with an owners manual, you can order one from Jeep.

Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3 of 4 Old 11-20-2013, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
dc12limited

thanks for the answers. guess i'll call the dealership and see if i can get an additional key. and the start button, that sounds easy enough that i can just install myself.

as far as the u-connect, i paired my phone and downloaded the phonebook. but it never gets the contacts or numbers correct. maybe it's my dc accent, but i can't get it to understand anything. that's the only issue i have with the car so far.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-20-2013, 08:15 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Going through the training exercise (set up) that trains the radio on your voice characteristics helped for me. I don't have a problem with it, but I do have the optional 730N radio.

In most of 2011 you had to buy the 730N if you wanted an overland; you had to buy a overland and V8 if you wanted ELSD.

Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.