Update - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Update

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 08-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
GrapplerAnchor
2014 WK 

Update

Just got back from DC. Traded in my wrecked 14 overland for a brand new one. The body shop in charleston, sc did about 15k worth of repairs to make it new again but with that much damage i wanted a new vehicle. i got a black on black overland. The guys at koons were a pleasure to work with and I def recommend Carlton to anyone. With the mascara warranty out the door i think I spent somewhere in the 44k range give or take a few hundred bucks. Got quite areal on the car because they gave me so much on the trade in.

GrapplerAnchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #2
airgas1998
2014 WK 

i'd hate to be the person buying the repaired one...
Unread 08-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #3
kkreit01

Good deal. I don't blame you for dumping it. I probably would have also. I once had $3K damage, and thought I have "damaged goods". Good luck on your new one.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
nyrhockey23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapplerAnchor View Post
Just got back from DC. Traded in my wrecked 14 overland for a brand new one. The body shop in charleston, sc did about 15k worth of repairs to make it new again but with that much damage i wanted a new vehicle. i got a black on black overland. The guys at koons were a pleasure to work with and I def recommend Carlton to anyone. With the mascara warranty out the door i think I spent somewhere in the 44k range give or take a few hundred bucks. Got quite areal on the car because they gave me so much on the trade in.
Did they know of the severe repair it had?
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
jacko15
2014 WK 

"Caveat emptor"

It works both ways. The dealer was a fool if they didn't run the vin. Even a little cosmetic body work will show up. Same goes for anyone looking at that vehicle on the lot. In today's connected world information is always available.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #6
jimb0JP

Most reputable dealers will post a Carfax with the Internet ad, and if they don't the prospective buyer should surely request one prior to purchasing the vehicle. Possibly the dealer is planning on taking the car to an auction.
jimb0JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #7
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb0JP View Post
Possibly the dealer is planning on taking the car to an auction.
That's usually where a vehicle with that kind of history will go.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
mtbiker29

What did they give on trade?

I'm just curious....and no mention of the accident?

Thanks,

EW
mtbiker29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2014, 07:58 AM   #9
GrapplerAnchor
2014 WK 

I posted some pictures a while ago about the damage to the car. I was upfront to the dealer about being in an accident and yet the still gave me a 36k tread in allowance on that car!!! The handpick dealer in chs was only giving me 21 for it. And also the new black on black overland that i bough 4x4 came out to 44,600 and that was with a 100,000 max care warranty and gap insurance!!! Although now i might exchange the warranty and get the unlimited life and miles warranty instead. Talk to Carlton at Koons in DC!! He is a great guy and was a pleasure to work with!! By the way i asked for a mill gauge to see who the paint job came out on the wrecked car. If the rest of the car was registering a 17 and 18 in places the new paint job was only registering a 3 and 4. It was a terrible paint job and I am just lucky that Koons didn't look that over!!!
Unread 08-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #10
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

Curious question....

How much are you out buying two Overlands in one year...

You paid X for the first one...... Traded it for $36k on another one ....

Seems you are now into your new Jeep for $52 K out of pocket in less then one year .

The accident looks to have cost you about $6 k out of pocket .
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #11
GrapplerAnchor
2014 WK 

The old one i bought it for 40k. it was a demo vehicle… So yea I am out some money on the cars. I am hoping that on the backend that with insurance I come out ahead. It was a pretty sever accident
Unread 08-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #12
mtbiker29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapplerAnchor View Post
I posted some pictures a while ago about the damage to the car. I was upfront to the dealer about being in an accident and yet the still gave me a 36k tread in allowance on that car!!! The handpick dealer in chs was only giving me 21 for it. And also the new black on black overland that i bough 4x4 came out to 44,600 and that was with a 100,000 max care warranty and gap insurance!!! Although now i might exchange the warranty and get the unlimited life and miles warranty instead. Talk to Carlton at Koons in DC!! He is a great guy and was a pleasure to work with!! By the way i asked for a mill gauge to see who the paint job came out on the wrecked car. If the rest of the car was registering a 17 and 18 in places the new paint job was only registering a 3 and 4. It was a terrible paint job and I am just lucky that Koons didn't look that over!!!
Glad it worked out for you. FYI it's the other way around.....the 3-4 was the factory paint and the 17-18 was the repaint.
mtbiker29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.