Unresponsive Pedal After Start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Unresponsive Pedal After Start

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
RodeoLinebacker
2011 WK 

Unresponsive Pedal After Start

I'm having a problem with driveability after starting up. For about the first minute or so after pulling away from the curb, the pedal is very unresponsive. Even standing on it results in little more than a slowly increasing revving sound in the engine and of course, slow acceleration. This happens with either cold or warm starts. After a minute or so, the vehicle reacts more or less normally, but even so I think that it seems a little more pokey than other WK2 3.6L that I've driven. This happens intermittently as well and of course, the service dept could not replicate the problem.

Vehicle was built on 29 Oct 2010 and I can't find any applicable TSBs. I did have the dealer flash the vehicle although that was for an ESC update. Anyone else see this problem or have any ideas?

RodeoLinebacker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.