Unlimited Maximum Care Warranty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Unlimited Maximum Care Warranty

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 12-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
JDR
2012 XJ Cherokee 

Cool Unlimited Maximum Care Warranty

When I purchased my Grand Cherokee 12-15-11, I was offered the Unlimited miles/Unlimited time max care warranty for $3100. Then, after perusing this site, found http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/. I just got a quote of $1825 for the same exact coverage with a $100 dollar deductible. I am now in the process of canceling the coverage through the dealership so I can purchase the $1825 coverage.

Bottom line, Thanks to all those who post great information on this forum to give the rest of us solutions to our problems, and to save us money!!!

JDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

x2 on that.

I'm already checking to see if my dealer can match or beat that price for the JK I've got on order. If they'll do that next up will be seeing if they'll do that for our Grand Cherokee.
Unread 12-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Most people don't realize when they are walked into the Finance Manager's office to sign a few papers, that is when the dealership makes it REAL MONEY. In a typical dealership, the Finance Manager is 2nd highest paid, next to owner. There is a reason for this...... Extended warranties are a license to steal.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 12:24 AM   #4
PDX-TJ

^^^^ what he said.

I will never buy an extended warranty. They rarely pay off. Why give them all that money up front? I never understood why people would fight long and hard for a good deal on a car, only to give it all back to the Finance Manager.

Here's how you know it's a bad deal... the harder the dealer pushes you to buy it, the more you know it must really be good for them (as in... not you). I had to say NO like 10 times. The finance manager finally relented, rolled his eyes, and muttered some insult under his breath questioning my inteligence. That's when I knew that once again, I had made the right decision.

I'm almost 40 years old and I've driven a lot of cars over the years. The one thing I have never thought to myself is... "Gee, I sure wish I had that extended warranty."

I'm not saying that nothing bad will ever happen to your car. I just think you need to play the odds (as in... the odds are you won't have repairs > $3,000), and remember what your professors taught you about the time value of money.

ORA2
PDX-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 05:45 AM   #5
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX-TJ View Post
^^^^ what he said.

I will never buy an extended warranty. They rarely pay off. Why give them all that money up front? I never understood why people would fight long and hard for a good deal on a car, only to give it all back to the Finance Manager.

The only warranty I have ever purchased was when I purchased a used car that had a transferrable warranty that cost me $100.00,. Most people only keep a vehicle a few years, I keep mine forever (like in 16 years), so if a warranty was ever going to be a good deal for someone, it would be me..... Yet I wouldn't buy one with your money.

I laugh at checkout lanes and see people purchasing a warranty on a $40.00 item. After I purchased a new refrigerator, I was bombarded with phone calls wanting me to purchase an extended warranty. Finally, I told them, my old refrig was 25 years old and never was a problem (gave it to my Sister), and if this new refrigerator can't do that without a warranty, I purchased the wrong product. Then I asked, "Can you instruct me on how to return it and get my money back?". I never received another phone call about that warranty.
Unread 12-31-2011, 06:35 AM   #6
jacobsed

I think it depends on how long you are going to keep the car. Don't buy any warranty if your keeping it 7 years or less. After 7 years it will probably have some sort of major fix needed or you will have sold it off by then. I assume this is how Chrysler is making their money since it is not transferable. Most people aren't in their cars that long.

If you intend to keep this $40K vehicle for 15 years and 300K miles, it seems like $1800 spent now on a lifetime warranty would be a good deal. Its like long term care insurance for old people! The most expensive years are your last ones

The new jeeps have all kinds of mechanical, electrical and luxury items that will probably fail at some point when it starts getting older with a bunch of miles.

I would spend up to $2K if I were keeping it. Not anything more.
jacobsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsed View Post
I think it depends on how long you are going to keep the car. Don't buy any warranty if your keeping it 7 years or less. After 7 years it will probably have some sort of major fix needed or you will have sold it off by then. I assume this is how Chrysler is making their money since it is not transferable. Most people aren't in their cars that long.

If you intend to keep this $40K vehicle for 15 years and 300K miles, it seems like $1800 spent now on a lifetime warranty would be a good deal. Its like long term care insurance for old people! The most expensive years are your last ones

The new jeeps have all kinds of mechanical, electrical and luxury items that will probably fail at some point when it starts getting older with a bunch of miles.

I would spend up to $2K if I were keeping it. Not anything more.

This assumes a lot: 1) that you will really keep the vehicle longer than a few years (sell, trade, or total vehicle in accident). 2) that the warranty company will be in business as long as you own the vehicle. 3) that normal wear & tear exclusion won't void coverage on an older vehicle... after all, what is "normal wear & tear" on a 8 year old vehicle with between 100 & 200k on the clock? 4) that you don't do something to void the coverage like modifications, or failure to correctly document all the maintance required in owner's manual, etc.,..

I doubt very few people have even read the fine print in the contract and even fewer understand what they read or how key terms such as "normal wear & tear" are defined by the contract.

I personally, would prefer to keep my 2k and repair my own vehicle. Versus paying 2k now, and then having to pray that repair is a covered repair later on.
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
jacobsed

There are no mileage limits in the warranty and normal wear and tear does not apply. That is a huge beneift, drive the wheels off it!! It is an exclusionary policy. If it is not listed then it is covered for unlimited miles. Chrysler pays you the retail NADA value of the vehicle if the repair exceeds that amount and you keep the car. You are basically buying a fixed price service contract for as long as you own the vehicle.

I keep vehicles until they die. I have a 91 Taurus with 264K miles that I drive 84 miles a day. And I have a 99 F150 with 186K.

I would buy the Lifetime MaxCare contract for $2K or less.

I think there is a lot of value there for the price. And really...if you are paying $40K then what is $2K to you anyway. If it is that big of a deal then you're in the wrong market.
jacobsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
MrSpeed
2012 WK 

When it comes to warranties I tell the seller, "Don't tell me what it covers, show me, in writing, what is not covered. Once I know what I am on the hook for and have it in writing, I can make an informed decision as to whether or not this agreement is worth its price to me.

I will say that the full extended Chrysler warranty that I bought when I bought my wife's 2000 Intrepid R/T was a good deal and provided a level of assurancefor both of us as she had to travel 750 miles each way to take care of her aging parents.

YMMV.
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #10
JDR
2012 XJ Cherokee 

I typically never ever buy extended warranties. But in this case, I drive over 30,000 miles a year, keep my vehicles well maintained, and keep them many years. My last was 6 years with 187,000 miles. I traded it because it had left me beside the road broken down 3 times in 2 months.

I am really buying the warranty to cover the electronics and ac. I have had issues with a computer module and with airconditioning on vehicles, and each incident cost me well over that $1800. And, should I never have the opportunity to use the warranty, I will consider myself exceptionally lucky and extremely pleased with my Jeep.
JDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 02:08 AM   #11
71K5

JDR or anyone else:
I too purchased the Max Care Lifetime Warranty (when I purchased a 2012 JK) on 11-25 for $2600 w/$100 ded. policy. I just got a quote for $1900 for the same policy.
Should I offer the dealership to match/refund before I cancel and repurchase?
Or would that be bad idea to approach the dealership with that offer?
Thanks for any response.
71K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #12
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71K5 View Post
JDR or anyone else:
I too purchased the Max Care Lifetime Warranty (when I purchased a 2012 JK) on 11-25 for $2600 w/$100 ded. policy. I just got a quote for $1900 for the same policy.
Should I offer the dealership to match/refund before I cancel and repurchase?
Or would that be bad idea to approach the dealership with that offer?
Thanks for any response.
Why would it be a bad idea to approach the Dealer with this offer? Either they will match the other offer, or they won't.... either way, you pay less for the same idea.
Unread 01-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #13
Billmild

My parents are looking for a new car. Supposedly it would be there last. I have thought about a new grand cherokee. Would this warranty be a good idea? They kept their last car 10 years. It has 150,000 miles on it. For reference it is a Hyundai Sante Fe. Lately it has had the A/C replaced, transmission replaced along with some other little issues.

I wish when i bought my 2003 Jeep Grand limited I wish i would have gotten the extended warranty because 3 months after having the Jeep the blend doors went out as well as we had to have the starter replaced along with cam and crankshaft sensors. It would have covered all that.
Billmild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #14
71K5

Went to Midway Jeep Chrysler. The dealership I purchased my 2012 JK at and they were willing to match the $1900 quote that Chrysler Service Contract gave me. They even processed the paperwork to cancel my original Max Care $100/ded. policy and processed the paperwork for the new Max Care policy without charging me the $75 administration fee to cancel the original policy. Saved me hundreds of dollars!
They even gave me credit before the refund check comes, to allow me to purchase their Offroad Bumber and Tire Carrier for the rear. When the refund check comes, I just sign it over to them and were good to go!
Great dealership.

Go Midway Jeep Chrysler!!!!!!
71K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #15
daaaaaan

Why can I not see an option on that website for unlimited miles/unlimited years? All I see is a 7 year/100,000 warrenty for 1825 w/ the 100 deduct

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.