Under seat lighting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Under seat lighting

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!

Unread 08-28-2015, 02:06 PM   #1
zeebanker
2015 WK 

Under seat lighting

Hi all - question on the under seat lighting, which Jeep says is standard on all 2015 4x4 JGC Overland models. What does that mean? I see lights in the front driver and passenger footwells, but nothing under the driver or passenger seats. Am I missing something? Thx. PS: I have a 2015 4x4 Overland.

zeebanker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2015, 03:06 PM   #2
LJS8510
Web Wheeler

2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebanker View Post
Hi all - question on the under seat lighting, which Jeep says is standard on all 2015 4x4 JGC Overland models. What does that mean? I see lights in the front driver and passenger footwells, but nothing under the driver or passenger seats. Am I missing something? Thx. PS: I have a 2015 4x4 Overland.
I have the same Jeep and same no underseat lights,
that I know of.

2015 WK II v8 Overland, Offroad Group II,- 2008 WK Limited 3.0 CRD, - 2003 WJ Laredo 4.7, - 2001 WJ Laredo 4.0, - 1999 WJ Limited 4.7-
LJS8510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2015, 12:26 AM   #3
02jeepliberty

I have a 2014 Summit and I have the lights in the front driver and passenger footwells and under both front seats for the rear passengers.
02jeepliberty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2015, 08:44 PM   #4
14summithemi
Web Wheeler
2014 WK 

Quote:

As o2jeepliberty said, the under seat lighting is for the rear passengers so the underside of the front seats are lit in back at the rear passenger feet. Both the footwell and under seat lights are very dim. If you have your Build Sheet both of these show as one option, Under Seat Lighting (CCAS). All '14/'15 Overland, Summit and SRT rigs have this.
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2015, 09:12 PM   #5
tarponbeach
2015 WK 

I was excited to trade my '14 Limited for my '15 Overland, as the Overland had a lot of features that the Limited did not. One of those was "rear underseat lighting"..What a joke. The lighting under the front seats is a very small, dim , LED. The good news is that you can parallel an LED lighting strip to the stock LED, which will give you real underseat lighting. I attached the strips on the bottom steel channel of the seats.
2015-08-30-23.13.39.jpg

Last edited by tarponbeach; 08-30-2015 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: Photo
tarponbeach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2015, 09:36 PM   #6
02jeepliberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarponbeach
I was excited to trade my '14 Limited for my '15 Overland, as the Overland had a lot of features that the Limited did not. One of those was "rear underseat lighting"..What a joke. The lighting under the front seats is a very small, dim , LED. The good news is that you can parallel an LED lighting strip to the stock LED, which will give you real underseat lighting. I attached the strips on the bottom steel channel of the seats.
I might just have to do this, good idea!
02jeepliberty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2015, 09:45 PM   #7
14summithemi
Web Wheeler
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02jeepliberty View Post
I might just have to do this, good idea!
review this thread before you bust any moves just so you know your options...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/r.../#post12280063
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2015, 09:40 AM   #8
zeebanker
2015 WK 

tarponbeach and 14summit - great suggestions, thanks! yep, I peeked under the front seats from the rear passenger side and the "lights" are there - tiny specs. I'm tempted to swap them out as well.
Unread 08-31-2015, 03:05 PM   #9
tarponbeach
2015 WK 

Quote:
tarponbeach and 14summit - great suggestions, thanks! yep, I peeked under the front seats from the rear passenger side and the "lights" are there - tiny specs. I'm tempted to swap them out as well.
Zee, No need to swap them out...You can parallel a 12 volt LED strip to the existing small led factory light wires.
Unread 08-31-2015, 06:51 PM   #10
Blackshirts
2012 WK 

Purpose of underseat lighting??
Blackshirts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2015, 07:00 AM   #11
zeebanker
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
Purpose of underseat lighting??
To illuminate the underside of the seats?
They're just cool, especially if you "upgrade" them like tarpon did.

I realized that they don't go on if the instrument cluster dimmer switch is turned off or if the headlamp switch is in the off mode. That's probably why I didn't notice them initially. They go brighter / dimmer as the dimmer switch is rotated.
Unread 09-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #12
tarponbeach
2015 WK 

Quote:
To illuminate the underside of the seats?
They're just cool, especially if you "upgrade" them like tarpon did.

I realized that they don't go on if the instrument cluster dimmer switch is turned off or if the headlamp switch is in the off mode. That's probably why I didn't notice them initially. They go brighter / dimmer as the dimmer switch is rotated.
Correct, but they do go on when the doors are opened.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.