UConnect upgrade disc - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > UConnect upgrade disc

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140

Unread 06-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
gtanty

UConnect upgrade disc

I saw the post from 6/1 but that was about going to a website and downloading an update. Today I got a disc in the mail from Chrysler to update so starting a new thread. The package shows much improved graphics so I sat there for more than 20 minutes while it went through the motions. The instruction show a last screen which requires a security code. Never got that screen. Finally it rebooted. Radio graphics were identical to before the upgrade. Then went to nav screen and the whole upgrade process started again. So sat through another 20 minutes and get to the reboot and the screen says "PND not updated" and the same old map.

Anyone ese have these problems with the disc? Any suggested fixes?

Thanks

George

gtanty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
jgiuliani

That is exactly how my update went, didn't get the security screen and the whole install started over. Didn't go as instructions indicated but it did update the Nav graphics so looks like everything is ok. Did you shut off and restart the vehicle after the upgrade?
jgiuliani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
gtanty

jguiliani - yest I did restart the Jeep.

So today I called the toll free on the package and spoke to a not very informed person at Uconnect. She said that the error message PND not updated meant that the first install had been successful. I asked why the graphic on the package showed a much improved graphic interface on the screen and she said she didn't know. I asked if there was someone else I could speak to and she said there wasn't. She said my local dealer might be able to fix the problem. I explained that was a 90 mile round trip and she said she was sorry to hear that. So no help from the people that created the updated version and sent me the disc.

Would be grateful for anyone elses experience or suggestions. My ride is a 2012 Limited leased 04/12.

Thanks all
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
jgiuliani

It might be worth trying it once more if you haven't already. I work in the computer software industry and sometimes that second attempt does the trick
Unread 06-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
MMAXX

I got mine today and had the same exact problem.
MMAXX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #6
MonteJeep
2012 WK 

Same exact thing happened to me.
Unread 06-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #7
notoriousMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteJeep
Same exact thing happened to me.
Does this upgrade disc have to be ordered and if so how much? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
notoriousMR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
gtanty

Notorious

Came in the mail. Didn't ask for it or paid for it. From the staggered replies here I think they're being sent out in batches.

Also, at Uconnect's website, there is a link to leave an email question. This takes you to a Chrysler website. I asked the same questions I asked Uconnect and was told that due to the "variables involved" I should take it to my dealer. Sounds like they don't care either.

My question remains. If this is a stability issue update, fine. But the pictures on the mailer clearly show a much different graphical interface. If the upgrade doesn't do that, why show the pictures. So far, Uconnect and Chrysler are ignoring the question. That's really the only reason I tried to do the upgrade since I really dislike the interface; particularly when compared to other interfaces I've seen in BMW, Audi and Ford.
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #9
notoriousMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtanty
Notorious

Came in the mail. Didn't ask for it or paid for it. From the staggered replies here I think they're being sent out in batches.

Also, at Uconnect's website, there is a link to leave an email question. This takes you to a Chrysler website. I asked the same questions I asked Uconnect and was told that due to the "variables involved" I should take it to my dealer. Sounds like they don't care either.

My question remains. If this is a stability issue update, fine. But the pictures on the mailer clearly show a much different graphical interface. If the upgrade doesn't do that, why show the pictures. So far, Uconnect and Chrysler are ignoring the question. That's really the only reason I tried to do the upgrade since I really dislike the interface; particularly when compared to other interfaces I've seen in BMW, Audi and Ford.
Sorry you're having issues but I appreciate your updates. I'll continue to follow this thread and I sincerely hope you get your issues worked out. I have a 12 JGC Overland and I won't mess with this disc if and when it arrives.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
notoriousMR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #10
jgiuliani

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtanty View Post
Notorious

The Navigation interface should be updated, the radio interface will stay the same. My Nav UI was updated even though I had the same installation experience as you. I agree with the interface, it feels like something about 15 years old. Really not a lot of effort put into it. I like the Honda system in my wife's minivan much better than my Jeep, a much cleaner and neater look and feel and more user friendly.
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
Justal13
2012 WK 

I actually prefer the "old-style" colorful graphics of my 430N Garmin interface. I have several portable Garmins, and it is exactly the same. The updated graphics cannot be called "modern", "improved" or "upgraded". They are just nearly black & white & shades of grey - very inimpressive. If you search the forums you will find (2) things:

1) Many people disliked the updated boring graphics when Jeep changed them in November 2011. Some, like me, had test-drive vehicles with the "old" Garmin graphics and their delivered GC's had the newer graphics. I was lucky mine was built just before the change.

2) Many people have had problems with this upgrade disk, some to the point that their media systems no longer work and having to take it into the dealer to be fixed or replaced.

The disk does not update UConnect, GPS maps or the Gracenotes database. All of which need updating and all of which Chrysler in their infinite wisdom has elected to not offer to update for 2012 - 13 models (the map update they came out with about 6 months ago is for 2011 models only, and most purchasing it for $150 have seen little if any improvement in their maps).

Me, I am going to "file" the disk. It is not going into my GC.
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
skremese
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiuliani View Post
It might be worth trying it once more if you haven't already. I work in the computer software industry and sometimes that second attempt does the trick
I have a 2012 and have not received any such update. Can some post a pic of these "new" graphics? Anyone willing to make an iso (disc image) so those of us less fortunate to receive the upgrade can try it?
skremese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.