Uconnect Store for available Apps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Uconnect Store for available Apps

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
fumblefingers
2014 WK 

Uconnect Store for available Apps

Since I have a new 2014 4X4 Ltd on order with the 8.4 AN connection available, I wanted to go on the internet to look at what apps were available to get and the cost. I am particularly interested in adding the WIFI app so I can use a tablet or laptop to connect to the system's hotspot system and not require the iphone connection. I do not want to register with Uconnect before the vehicle arrives. Does anyone have a link they can post. When googled all that is found is info about the system and no connection to the Uconnect store. Thanks

fumblefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
jacko15
2014 WK 

http://www.driveuconnect.com/feature...cess/packages/
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
fumblefingers
2014 WK 

Thanks for the link. I ended up calling and WIFI after trial is 19.95 per week and 34.99 per month but it can also be bought by the day for 9.99 which may be a good feature while traveling and may open up a new option for those who use their jeeps as a toad (RV).That is a bit more expensive than using McDonalds hot spot. I see Verizon is selling a mobile hot spot dongle for 50 to 100 bucks and I guess that could be used If I don't want to buy a smartphone where the apps are to small for my tired old eyes. There is a lot to be learned about all the new tech. :
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
jacko15
2014 WK 

Aren't those the prices quoted on the link I posted? They're also the prices during the free trial. WIFI isn't included in the trial. And it's only 3g, so you'll get better bandwidth with a 4g smartphone app.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
fumblefingers
2014 WK 

I just got confirmation email from Jeep that my gc 4x4 ltd is scheduled to be built so it has passed edits and parts are on hand. now to find the right micro SD card for the 8.4 AN Nav system. The Uconnect system specs say that it will handle std and micro SD cards but what is not clear is now the fastest cards meet USB 3.0 standards but USB 3.0 is faster than most cell phones download speeds for audio and vidio so I suspet that the 8.4AN system will be USB 2.0 compliant and the purchase of an expensive card may be just a waste of money. I don't know much about the technology and what the SD and micro SD so not sure what would be a good fit. Any advice?
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumblefingers View Post
now to find the right micro SD card for the 8.4 AN Nav system. The Uconnect system specs say that it will handle std and micro SD cards Any advice?
There is no micro SD card slot, you will have to used a adapter back up to full size SD.

I would not worry about the card speed, you are only pulling music from it so you do not need a class 10 (min 10MB/s) which you can record HD video on. The average MP3 is 10-20MB and that data need to be transfered over 2-3 minutes.
bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
fumblefingers
2014 WK 

Thanks for your help. I will go buy a couple of full size SD cards.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.