uconnect phone ring volume - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > uconnect phone ring volume

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-24-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
acidsnow
2014 WK 

uconnect phone ring volume

On Uconnect 8.4 when the phone rings its so loud its heart stopping. I adjust the volume while its ringing, but next time the phone rings its back to ear piercing volume . . . has anybody found a fix for this?

acidsnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
Steiner84
2014 WK 

Nope. But I'm in the same boat. I never stop to try and adjust the volume though. I'm frantically trying to answer the call to stop the noise! I hope someone has a solution.
Steiner84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
2kg4u
2014 WK 

I am able to adjust the ringer volume up or down, and it stays where I adjust it to. Turn the volume knob or push the volume toggle swith on the steering wheel when the phone is ringing. Obviously you have tried this, I just wanted to let you know it worked on mine.

Perhaps you need the latest flash.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2014, 09:57 AM   #4
Steiner84
2014 WK 

Does anyone know if the ringer volume is independent of the in-call volume? It's been awhile, and maybe it was an older version, but it seemed to me that the 2 were the same.
Unread 12-06-2014, 05:08 AM   #5
Cruachan
2014 WK 

Not sure if this has been resolved. We have had the same issue on the uuconnect 8.4an and this is how we solved it ...
1. Have someone ring.
2. While its ringing adjust the volume with the radio volume dial till its at an acceptable level.
3. Now answer the call. If the speech volume is ok then fine. If the speech volume is too low then alter the volume on your PHONE until it's Ok through the vehicle speakers.
Since we did this all has worked well and the settings in the vehicle for ring volume are remembered, and provided the speech volume has not been altered on the phone then the speech is also ok. Our phones are Nokia 920 models.
Cruachan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #6
Steiner84
2014 WK 

Cruachan, glad you were able to get yours resolved to where the ring and call volumes are balanced. I'll give this a shot sometime, but I'm pretty sure my bluetooth volume is already maxed out, so I don't think I can raise the call volume that way. But like I said, worth a shot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.