Uconnect and iPhone iOS8 thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Uconnect and iPhone iOS8 thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #1
otherwisebusy
2000 WJ 

Uconnect and iPhone iOS8 thread

Anyone brave enough to try the iPhone iOS 8 with UConnect in their WK2 and care to report on what does and does not work?

I know I had issues getting text messages to show up on iOS 7.1.2 but finally figured it out.

I figured as often as updates to either platform it may be worth having a common thread to discuss any current and future updates.

2014 GC Limited, Off road adventure II, quadra drive, quadralift, luxury, NAV. UJC#141
otherwisebusy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
adamchrtrnd
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by otherwisebusy View Post
Anyone brave enough to try the iPhone iOS 8 with UConnect in their WK2 and care to report on what does and does not work?

I know I had issues getting text messages to show up on iOS 7.1.2 but finally figured it out.

I figured as often as updates to either platform it may be worth having a common thread to discuss any current and future updates.
I was able to have my text messages show up just fine with iOS 8 when I went to lunch today. Still can't send text messages like other platforms so the functionality is still the same from the previous iOS.
Unread 09-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
Noko
2014 WK 

I see no difference than iOS 7, music still plays through Bluetooth and I am able to access my contacts via voice commands. Text messages still come up on the display, but sadly you still can not create them through the uConnect voice commands.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #4
EvanP

I upgraded to iOS8 and am having problems playing music and podcasts when the iphone is connected via usb cable. I can navigate through the menus and select various items, but the selected item usually does not play and when it does I cannot scrub backward or forward through the track.
EvanP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
kc_jeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

But now you can easily reply by just saying "hey Siri" and not have to touch your phone if it is plugged into a power source
kc_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2014, 09:31 AM   #6
adamchrtrnd
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_jeep View Post
But now you can easily reply by just saying "hey Siri" and not have to touch your phone if it is plugged into a power source

That is a good point. I will have to try this the next time I am in the Jeep.
Unread 09-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
SVTour
2014 WK 

My wife complained about an issue since upgrading to iOS8 that she did not see with iOS7 - basically, when playing music through the USB, the UConnect system would toggle back and forth between Sirius Radio and the USB. She said it was happening every 20 minutes or so on a 3 hour drive.

I've never experienced anything like this with my Samsung...
SVTour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #8
mx71
2013 WK 

Excuse my ignorance, but why do so many people use USB for music and not bluetooth?
mx71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #9
tubbyzj
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Everything works on my 13 overland
Only annoying issue is all my sounds that my phone makes either text email or Pop ups
Makes the radio play its sound that the phone makes
The screen on my radio goes into phone call mode an plays that sound for what ever feather, before it never did it

Been trying to figure out how to disable that getting very annoying
Anyone having the same issue or know if it's a phone feature I have to disable or in the radio I have to adjust ?
Unread 09-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #10
bobafettt
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx71 View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but why do so many people use USB for music and not bluetooth?
Superior bandwidth
bobafettt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #11
Wavicle
2011 WK 

Does Not Work

I have an (older) 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland with the RER system and it worked perfectly for hands-free calling with iOS 6 and iOS 7 (no music), but after upgrading to iOS 8 it does not work. There is a connection on both the RER in-dash unit and iPhone 5s, but no audio is routed. Callers can't hear you and you can't hear them even though it makes the calls using voice dial or manual call on the iPhone.
Wavicle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2014, 02:22 PM   #12
jonpurcell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavicle View Post
I have an (older) 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland with the RER system and it worked perfectly for hands-free calling with iOS 6 and iOS 7 (no music), but after upgrading to iOS 8 it does not work. There is a connection on both the RER in-dash unit and iPhone 5s, but no audio is routed. Callers can't hear you and you can't hear them even though it makes the calls using voice dial or manual call on the iPhone.
I have the same problem... Upgraded to iPhone 6/iOS 8, music works fine, phone pairs fine, but when I make or receive a call, it won't play via bluetooth.
jonpurcell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #13
JPcpa
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Just bought a '14 Ram with Uconnect. My app for starting and locking no longer will open since I upgraded from IOS 7 and then got an IPhone 6 a Today. Called connect help (and Melissa was quite nice) and was told the app needs to be updated.
JPcpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #14
pheen
2014 WK 

I have iOS 8 on my iPhone 5 and no issues with the uConnect app or bluetooth connection to the 8.4A. I haven't tried USB because I always just use bluetooth.
pheen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #15
ryandevans
2012 WK 

I had the same issues with my uconnect and iphone 6 (ios8) I just "reset network settings" and everything is back to working with uconnect. You will have to redo the wifi passwords once you do this tho.

hth

ryandevans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.