UCONNECT help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > UCONNECT help

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 03-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
hutchison101
2011 WK 

UCONNECT help

Per the manual, it says that you can send text messages via uconnect. I dont see any options for this when hit the phone icon nor does it recognize "Send Message". It also says when you plug in the iphone there is an IPOD tab under radio hard key but I dont see that either. I have Lockpick but would like to send /view text if thats an option with uconnect.

Anyone get this to work?

screen-shot-2012-03-08-10.39.01-am.jpg  
hutchison101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
pschofie
2012 WK 

Text messaging only works on a few phones, I'm all apple and they don't support texting via Bluetooth.

The controls for the iPod are under the aux inputs, plug your iPhone into the USB port in the centre console using a white apple cable, under aux you will see that there are at least 3 options, one is the 3.5mm audio jack, one will be Bluetooth streaming the other will be your USB iPhone connection an if you have VES or a lockpick it will be there also.

Hope this Helps
pschofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
kkreit01

I also think don't think it works with 430N. Go to jeep.com/uconnect, and provide your year/system/phone model. It will tell you which options are available.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
hutchison101
2011 WK 

I have the 730N and use an iphone so i guess its not supported. By I would think that if anything would be supported it would be the iphone.

Thanks for the help
hutchison101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
superserialMBP
2012 WK 

You would think they would make the most popular smartphone (iPhone) compatible with all the major features...
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
padgett
2012 WK 

It is a little like Chysler/Jeep/Daimler/FIAT. Apple does not always publish the information third party vendors need.
Same reason the iPad does not have a USB connector.

BTW my LG works fine as a bluetooth phone but "SMS messaging is not supported with this phone"

One of these is a diesel.
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
RustyBrainpan
2011 WK 

If you are streaming via bluetooth with an iphone4, you can activate siri with the home button on the phone and send and read text messages, or do anything else siri does - at least with my iphone4 and the 730N.
RustyBrainpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.