UConnect / Bluetooth losing connection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > UConnect / Bluetooth losing connection

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 06-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #1
dPtQu3

UConnect / Bluetooth losing connection

Hey guys, new to the forum here.

I'm having a problem with my bluetooth connection that I think is a little different from what I've seen in the other topics so far.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4x4 limited. UConnect 8.4AN

I can connect my bluetooth / Uconnect with my phone (Galaxy S3, Android 4.1.1, AT&T) and play the music from my phone via the media/bluetooth function but it keeps dropping the bluetooth - the bluetooth will disconnect and reconnect a few seconds later. I've yet to experience this happen to me during a call but it seems to happen every 5-10 minutes if I'm playing music or if I just watch the blutooth connection in general. I checked for UConnect updates and there were none, but I also saw that their firmware is set to work with the Android 4.0. Since I have a pretty common phone and all I figured the problem is more than just the firmware issue though since I don't see too many people with the same type of symptom as me.

Anyway, if anyone can help me out with this issue it'd be much appreciated. I put in a ticket with Chrysler and when I call UConnect they tell me that it'll be fixed with a firmware upgrade for UConnect but that's been over a month since they've said that and 4.1 has been out for nearly a year now.

dPtQu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
MrG13

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum :-)

I have experienced the same issues however mine was disconnecting whilst on calls and streaming music. It did turn out to was actually the handset that was causing the issues. Since changing handsets it has been perfectly fine, not sure if yours is the same however might be worth looking at?
MrG13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #3
AdamGrenier81

Uconnect Bluetooth

I have the exact same phone and issue! Have you changed handsets like the guy said? I have not yet...Just wanted to know if it worked out or if you've found a solution to the problem...Thanks!
AdamGrenier81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
rhopkin
2014 WK 

I am having the phone drop out and reconnect every few minutes. The same phone works fine in my Wrangler with the RHR radio. I hope the next software release cleans up a few small but irritating issues.
rhopkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
kloubik
2014 WK 

Same issue as the OP. I also have Samsung Galaxy 3 4.1.1 AT&T and streaming audio it will drop connection every 5-10 min and reconnect. Very annoying. If anyone has a fix please let us know. My Uconnect software version is 13.10 I believe.
kloubik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
StaticFX

try updating the uconnect to 13.19.0 (newest)
StaticFX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
kloubik
2014 WK 

So I did update the uconnect to 13.19.0 last Friday and took the car on a road trip to Pismo beach. The update did not help with the problem. It still drops connection in the same manner.

I updated my phone to Android 4.1.2 and no help either. Moreover, I plugged the Galaxy S3 in the radio using a USB cable and tried to play some music this way...guess what....it will drop the music even when using a cable.... there is something wrong with the uconnect.

Guys with Android phones, can you please try to stream music and report back? Is it a problem of one particular phone (Galaxy S3) or all smartphones all together? Anyone has these issues with iPhone? Thanks!
Unread 08-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
RedCass
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloubik View Post
.. Anyone has these issues with iPhone? Thanks!
No such issues with my iPhone.. at least so far
RedCass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
ttocs70

Same Issue

Same phone, same issue on bluetooth and USB
ttocs70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
FireRunt
2014 WK 

Do you by any chance know anyone else with the same car as you? or maybe go to another jeep dealer, act like you wanna buy a car, test drive the same model you have, and try out the phone in that car to see if its an issue with UConnect or your phone.....When i test drove the jeep before buying it, I paired my iPhone to the car, i even brought a wire to plug it in to test all aspects of bluetooth operations
FireRunt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
Jpiwonski
2011 WK 

Ive only had issues if im streaming music through ipad and then it doesn't want to find my phone at times.
Jpiwonski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #12
kloubik
2014 WK 

One must love Chrysler. I decided to contact Uconnect with this issue. After I type in all the required information on their website, describe the issue etc and hit Submit, this is what I get. Really great
capture_chrysler.png

Unread 09-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #13
kloubik
2014 WK 

I think I have narrowed it down to the Galaxy S3. I have tried to stream from HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy Note II and iPhone 4S. None of these have any issues with disconnecting.

Does anyone can please try to stream music via bluetooth from a Galaxy S3 that has any other ROM/firmware than AT&T and report here? I do not want to root my phone and upload a new rom in case it is not a software issue with the phone and void warranty this way.

I will try to contact Uconnect support over phone regarding this issue when I have time since I was unsuccessful last time via web site.
Unread 09-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #14
MulliganSRT
2014 XJ Cherokee 

I just bought a 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT 3 weeks ago. I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3 ATT phone as well. This is very annoying. I'm coming from a Microsoft Sync system, which would have it's own random/weird problems but this is almost in-excusable. Very popular phone and this is supposed to be top of the line equipment. Jeep needs to fix this asap.

I will say, sometimes it works fine and other times ever 10min it disconnects. Galaxy S3 Android v4.1.1 and i believe the latest uConnect software as it is a 2014
MulliganSRT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #15
Steiner84
2014 WK 

I have the same issue with my Galaxy S3 on Verizon. Music over Bluetooth loses connection occasionally, although it's quick like a CD skip. Annoying nonetheless. I can't speak for the connection when USB wired. When mine's plugged into the USB, it just plays all my notification sounds instead of my music, which is even more annoying.
Steiner84 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.