UConnect 8.4N Texting Reply Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > UConnect 8.4N Texting Reply Issue

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 05-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
BetaThetaPirate
2014 WK 

UConnect 8.4N Texting Reply Issue

I am starting to get used to the UConnect 8.4N system in my 2014 Overland. At first when I paired my phone to the car I would not receive text messages. After going into my iPhone 4's bluetooth system I switched the toggle for notifications on. Now I receive text messages through the 8.4N. My issue is that when I get a message my "Reply" button is greyed out.

I've ready through the UConnect 8.4 manual and I haven't been able to fix it yet.

Does anyone know what might be the issue?
Is my iPhone [iPhone4] too old?

Thank you

BetaThetaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #2
BassAtl

You won't be able to fix it, at least not until our friends at Apple update the iOS again. I have the iPhone 5 and it's the same. You can receive/listen to text messages, but you cannot reply/send by voice.

There is some element of the Bluetooth messaging protocol that is missing from the Apple iOS. Surely this will be addressed in the next iOS, as they are behind Android in this regard.

This link seems to support this: http://chrysler.servigistics.com/que...=en&brand=Jeep

If you run through the menu there, you will see that we do not currently have the ability to send. Sucks.
BassAtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #3
BetaThetaPirate
2014 WK 

Thanks BassAtl. I thought it was something that I was doing wrong!
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
shmoods
2014 WK 

Do you know if Apple has been made aware of the issue?
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
BetaThetaPirate
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoods View Post
Do you know if Apple has been made aware of the issue?
good call. If an update comes out for the iPhone and I STILL cant voice text... I'd get pretty angry.

Last edited by BetaThetaPirate; 05-06-2013 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: cussing
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
NorthCountyGuy
2014 WK 

I can't wait!
NorthCountyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.