UConnect 8.4AN Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > UConnect 8.4AN Question

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
mark090852

UConnect 8.4AN Question

Hi everybody. I just joined this forum and this is my first post. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the experts on this forum. I wanted to start with a question. Yesterday I ordered a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited with the Uconnect 8.4 AN option. I am confused if this option actually includes the activated Nav system for the $795 cost of this option? Or will I still have to pay the dealer an activation fee? ($595?). When reading the specs of this option, if frequently says it includes nav. But when looking at the Jeep.com website and building the vehicle with this option, it says "Dealer activation necessary for nav". I assumed the 8.4A option did require dealer activation, but the 8.4AN option was already activated for nav. Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks in advance for any info you might share with me.

mark090852 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
mark090852

I emailed Chrysler customer service and got a response back. According to them, the 8.4 AN does include the Nav without any additional charges by the dealer. The 8.4 A requires dealer activation and the subsequent additional charge. So I think I have the answer I was hoping for. Hopefully my dealership will see it the same way. When I asked about it when placing my order, they were not sure, since the window stickers list dealer activation required for both of the 8.4 options.
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

You are correct the "AN" is the navigation version of the "A".
bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
mark090852

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo_28 View Post
You are correct the "AN" is the navigation version of the "A".
Thanks for responding. That is what I always thought, too. But I found it confusing when going to the Jeep website and building the vehicle with the 8.4 AN Uconnect option. When I click on the info icon for that option, it lists everything about that option but it also says

"Dealer Activated NAV Available
See Dealer for details".

That is a direct copy and paste from the website. You would think they would have the correct info on their website, but apparently not. It confused me and it confused my salesman when I asked about it and showed it to him. We also looked at the window sticker of one on the lot with that option, and it said the same thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.