Tuned?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Tuned??

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
EmileN
2011 WK 

Tuned??

Hey all,

So i've been enjoying my new to me 2011 Overland Hemi for a couple of weeks now.. with the Volant intake. My question is, is there a quick way to find out if it has had an ECU performance tune as well? Hemifever or whatever the most popular is..
Reason i ask is that the engine pulls strong and the throttle is extremely sensitive even from a standstill. There is no lag, just super smooth across the rev range. Obviously no complaints, just would be nice to know if they are all like this from factory, or if the Volant intake makes that much difference alone, or maybe it's also tuned. I don't recall if the other ones i test drove felt this way, though they had factory intakes.
And just as FYI - my other daily driver has a V10 under the hood, so it's not just the effect of being used to a slower car to the Hemi

EmileN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Some of them run pretty good from the factory, mine is not bad once I learned the quirks and soft spots.
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I dont think a CAI would make too much of a difference unless it was paired with some other mods like an exhaust or like you were wondering a tune. BTW what is your other daily driver?? id hate to see the MPG's of a V10!
Unread 07-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
EmileN
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
. BTW what is your other daily driver?? id hate to see the MPG's of a V10!
My other car is an Audi S6. It's a direct injected 5.2L V10 and gets about the same MPG's as the Jeep Hemi. 20-21 hwy which is not bad for the V10.

Still waiting on someone with the Hemi tune to tell me how to check for it..
EmileN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
13ovsummit
2013 WK 

^^^ - I don't have a tune, (yet - still waiting vendors to produce for 2013 hemi), but AFIK no one could tell for sure except the dealer, and if there's still a PT warranty on your WK, and they do find an aftermarket tune, that warranty would most likely be history. Or they could probably re-flash the ECM to factory specs if you wanted them to do that, and you could see if anything changes .... ??!!

Rob
13ovsummit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.