Are TSBs always free? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Are TSBs always free?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
HSTNJEEP
2013 WK 

Are TSBs always free?

Or does you car have to be under warranty?
For instance, if you want a TSB applied due to a transmission issue, is it free as long as you are still covered by the powertrain warranty?

Also, can dealerships apply TSBs to older models, like a 2004 WJ? I never remember hearing about them years ago.

2013 WK2 Laredo, 3.6, Mineral Gray
2004 WJ Special Edition, 4.0, Graphite Metallic
HSTNJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #2
14summithemi
2014 WK 

TSB's are a "free" repair only during applicable warranty period. Recalls are free regardless of warranty status. Yes on tranny TSB assuming its not one of the excluded things.
14summithemi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Just to prepare you. You can't typically go into most dealers and request a TSB, you have to describe the symptoms and hope the dealer tech will pick up on it (perhaps a suggestion would help).

In the initial 36 mo warranty typically there usually is no issue. Beyond 36 months they may want a diagnostic fee to first determine what the issue is. If a warranty item, the fee is covered, otherwise you eat it. Some dealers don't charge the diagnostic fee if its obviously driveline related. Out of warranty, its like any other repair, you pay them a diagnostic fee and they determine the issue and they charge you to make the repair if you chose to do it there... wether its covered by a TSB or not.

Recalls are different, they are always covered.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.