TSB dealer help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > TSB dealer help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 07-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
hutchison101
2011 WK 

TSB dealer help

I called my dealer about the new uconnect iphone TSB 08-036-11 today. I told them that I have the same probem as the TSB states and my vehicle was made in the time frame that the TSB indicates would have problems. My dealer said that when they ran my vehicle they didnt get any Rtr? or something like that, which would mean my vehicle needed the TSB update. They told me that I could bring it in to get looked at but I would have to pay for it because nothing came up indicating that my vehicle needed the update.

Does this sound right?

hutchison101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Timgco

your vehicle is new an dunder warranty.

You have an issue you are bringing to them to look at.
You were kind enough to do their job for them by bringing the TSB to their attention to fix the issue.

If the issue is there and needs a fix:
If the issue falls under the TSB:

It's under warranty!!! I would talk to someone else at that dealer or go somewhere else.
Timgco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
hutchison101
2011 WK 

Ok. Thanks for the advice. I think I'll call another place.
hutchison101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

You should call and make an appointment for the problem. When you take it, then you can mention the TSB.
2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
hur1ey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
xsdbs

This TSB is labeled as an iPhone fix, however there are several phones that are having issues with the current SW that is in the Uconnect module. Such as Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola & the Apple products. This SW update is helpful to them all especially in the Streaming audio section. The Uconnect SW was written and tested on phones with the SW that was in the phones over a yr ago. (note also that it would be quite difficult to test every phone that is on the market). The phone manufacturers come up with a new SW and keep it a secret from everyone until it is released. That is fine as for competition is concerned, but they should work with companies that are making the Blue Tooth modules for the vehicle companies. These problems that you are experiencing are not only in Chrysler vehicles but in other brands as well as Blue tooth ear buds.
Phones that were tested with Android 2.1 worked well and now with the 2.2 SW update they don't work. HTC was having problems with the Evo & the Shift Android 2.2, the way they were sending the phone book download to Uconnect was not correct and caused the Uconnect to keep resetting. I worked with them on the issue and tested the new SW update that went to the Android 2.3.3 which corrected their problem. The Apple products worked fine on their 4.0 and then stopped working correctly when they went 4.1 & up.
I would try not to confuse the dealer on what phone you have.
xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
xsdbs

Just curious, how much were they going to charge you for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchison101 View Post
I called my dealer about the new uconnect iphone TSB 08-036-11 today. I told them that I have the same probem as the TSB states and my vehicle was made in the time frame that the TSB indicates would have problems. My dealer said that when they ran my vehicle they didnt get any Rtr? or something like that, which would mean my vehicle needed the TSB update. They told me that I could bring it in to get looked at but I would have to pay for it because nothing came up indicating that my vehicle needed the update.

Does this sound right?
xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.