Transmission Maintenance alarm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Transmission Maintenance alarm

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #1
Jeepmcon

Transmission Maintenance alarm

Hey all, long time reader, first time poster. I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything on this.

I have a 2014 limited wk2, and over the weekend I took it riding on the beach, deep sand. I lowered my tires to 15psi and was driving in the sand mode. The day was great and it was riding like a charm.

However on the way back to civilization, an alarm came through on the dash saying "transmission maintenance in progress" and the gears were switching all over the place, driving at constant speed. I slowed to a stop and turned the jeep off and on, and the check engine light persisted. The next day the check engine light turned off and no problems since.

Has anyone seen this "transmission maintenance in progress" alarm before? Should I bring in my jeep to be checked?

Thanks all!

Jeepmcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
46er
2014 WK 

Were you on the sand or pavement when the message appeared?
Unread 07-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
Jeepmcon

Sand
Jeepmcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #4
46er
2014 WK 

My sons had something similar on his Liberty; overheated.
Unread 07-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

When I was on the beach last year during vacation, toward the end of the driving, my JGC also showed "concern". The light cleared once things cooled down. I think it was just the result of a lot of work by the drivetrain in the sand...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.