Trailhawk owners unite! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Trailhawk owners unite!

FREE, FREE, FREE EVENT!! Save big on Lockers now till ApriJKS Jspec Suspension BLOW-OUT FEBRUARY ONLY!! HURRY UP!Income tax season is upon us. We got what u need

Unread 09-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
baskoner
2013 WK 

Cool Trailhawk owners unite!

Hey folks, I recently joined the forum because I bought a 2013 Trailhawk and like to talk about it. I don't see any threads with discussion between Trailhawk owners, so here are some questions to get one going...
  • Who else owns a 2013 Trailhawk?
  • Anyone consider themselves a serious forum contributor?
  • What do you do or plan to do with your Trailhawk?
  • What made you choose to buy this unique veeehicle?

[I]"Who needs a sunroof when you have Quadra-Lift®?"[/I]
baskoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
overland_HO
2013 WK 

I own a white one. Information and options in my Sig.
I consider myself a moderate contributor
Plans for the Trailhawk is Front window tint, Front and Rear bumpers w/winch (Undecided on brand of bumpers still) I may do an exhaust...
I bought it because of the looks and the unique specific Trailhawk accents and the stock 4x4 capability! Also, this could be the only year for the Trailhawk and I liked that idea too and also the price I paid was great!

I am a weekend warrior wheeler and I take it off-road...Moab will be the real test for this Jeep...T-30 days till some slick rock!

For some reason, I have noticed there are some Trailhawk haters here, so beware of trolls! Glad to see somebody posting something about the Trailhawk!

Also, to add to your post, who wheel's their Trailhawk and if so, lets see some pictures!
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
DangFoo
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have a white 2013 Trailhawk.

The only "modification" that I've done is removal of the hood decal. I don't plan to do anything other than modest trails and trudging through the snow.

Main reason I bought a Trailhawk and not an Overland (which I had also considered) = Prefer the sport and "younger" feel of the interior (brushed trim versus wood) and I like the absence of faux-chrome on the exterior. I don't like the plasti-chrome stuff that Jeep puts all over the Limited and Overland.

I plan to keep it stock; we have two Wranglers that get the aftermarket treatment: lifts, tires, etc.
DangFoo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

I am the mentioned Trailhawk hater FYI
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
baskoner
2013 WK 

Got a pic without the vinyl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo View Post

The only "modification" that I've done is removal of the hood decal. I don't plan to do anything other than modest trails and trudging through the snow.

Main reason I bought a Trailhawk and not an Overland (which I had also considered) = Prefer the sport and "younger" feel of the interior (brushed trim versus wood) and I like the absence of faux-chrome on the exterior. I don't like the plasti-chrome stuff that Jeep puts all over the Limited and Overland.

I plan to keep it stock; we have two Wranglers that get the aftermarket treatment: lifts, tires, etc.

Unread 09-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
DangFoo
2013 JK Wrangler 

I can take one; probably deleted the old photos that were taken just after I removed it.
Unread 09-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbagabba View Post
I am the mentioned Trailhawk hater FYI
Nice one, should have anticipated that one coming, promise the post was not directed towards you! Although I think that if you like the Jeep you got, that's all really that matters!
Unread 09-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:

That's cool you removed that sticker, I would have been a nervous reck trying to do that! I think I am the only one that actually likes the sticker! I'm the same, if I want to get crazy I will take out the quads!
Unread 09-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
goin2drt
2013 WK 

Quote:
I can take one; probably deleted the old photos that were taken just after I removed it.
I would like to know more about the removal of the decal. I don't mind the look but I am afraid of what it will look like after a while so I would like to remove it.

OP

We own a 2013 black one. Has about 5K miles on it and love it. I am a modest contributor but would contribute more, just seems it is slow around here.

Mods so far
-Tinted windows

Mods would like
-Remove the decal now.
-I really like the Silverback WK (he has the website thread). I asked about all his mods but no reply (forum sloooooww )
-Winch front mount over stock bumper.
-New wheels and tires. No clue what I want
-Tow bar and assembly to tow behind RV (first on the list)

The Jeep is my wife's DD but we bought it to tow behind the RV and take it off roaring. Family just sold the RzR and quads so this will replace those.
Unread 09-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
baskoner
2013 WK 

Talking

I got my first mod today - a good ol' tow strap!

Unread 09-05-2013, 01:21 AM   #11
highoctane
2013 WK 

I love my '13 Deep Cherry red Trailhawk. Broke it in off road for the first time on a forest service road the other day on the way out to go rifle shooting. Did pretty well, unfortunately no pics of the action. I bought mine because it's different, I LOVE the interior, I'm OK with the hood decal, love the wheels/tires, and the factory installed skid plates and rock sliders are a huge plus. Mostly sees daily driver duty, but I plan to wheel it out in Sedona, and maybe the back road to Crown King someday. First mods I'm planning on is a set of Goodyear MT/R Kevlar tires in a stock or slightly larger size, a Magnaflow catback for a Hemi, a Hemifever tune, and a good cai. Here's a few pics.

And some beautiful rifle eye candy from the day of shooting.

'13 WK2 Laredo E - Black Forest Green, 3.6. SOLD

'13 WK2 Deep Cherry Red Trail Hawk - 3.6, sunroof, Nav, loaded.
highoctane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #12
baskoner
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
...I plan to wheel it out in Sedona...
Ah, Sedona! My favorite vacation spot! Where would you wheel out there? I only know Schnebly Hill Road because I took a rental Traverse up to the top.

Unread 09-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #13
DangFoo
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
I would like to know more about the removal of the decal. I don't mind the look but I am afraid of what it will look like after a while so I would like to remove it.
Here's my Trailhawk without hood decal [cell phone picture]; it was taken off in roughly the 2nd week of ownership and the condition of the paint [on the hood] is completely uniform with the rest of the vehicle. I used a hair dryer on high setting and worked my way from the passenger corner (near the windshield) and moved forward; took all of 25-30 minutes to remove. It would have gone faster, but the ambient temps were pretty low when I did this last Winter.

The second photo is the reason I have no money left for mods on the Trailhawk - our JKU gets the attention; next comes our JK that is scheduled for lift and tires.
photo-1-.jpg

photo-2-.jpg

Unread 09-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
Chucko
2013 WK 

Picked up a Trailhawk few weeks ago.

It's a daily commuter and beach machine. Always loved Jeeps and traded my lifted 2010 Silverado to get back into one.

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Chucko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
baskoner
2013 WK 

I wonder how many Trailhawks were manufactured.

Tags
trailhawk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.