Trailhawk Off Roading - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Trailhawk Off Roading

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Trailhawk Off Roading

Hi All,

Got bored over the weekend and decided to take the dogs up to one of the many lakes in the Uinta’s Mtn. Range here in Utah and see how this Jeeps performs. I have 4-wheeled over the past many years, have had built Tacoma's and Jeep's, Overland, TJ. I have to admit I was a little skeptical about the off rood capability with this Jeep and no solid axles like I am used to. I was highly impressed with the way this vehicle handled off road, rocks, sand and also some mud the QuadraLift and QuadraDrive and those Goodyear’s were just awesome, the Jeep did not even spin/slip a tire and I was going over some pretty rough terrain, mainly small rocks/boulders Our intent for this Jeep was not as a solid off roader as we have 4wheelers also but for the wife to drive and perhaps go out on the weekends for some fun and camping, etc. I will know how it performs in Moab next month when we head down to the Cabin we stay at, we dont get crazy probably just do poison spider and fins'n'things. Few Pictures below:

image1.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image.jpeg

Unread 08-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Wasatchwk2
2013 WK 

Where did you go camping? I took our new jeep a couple of weekends ago to Soap Stone. Excellent looking jeep as well.

Last edited by Wasatchwk2; 08-19-2013 at 04:24 PM..
Wasatchwk2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Always nice to see WK's out on the trail! Nice looking Jeep and glad to see you're having fun with it.
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatchwk2 View Post
Where did you go camping? I took our new jeep a couple of weekends ago to Soap Stone. Excellent looking jeep as well.
Hi,

I went up to spring canyon across from the Provo and wheeled to most of the lakes up their, I believe it was Alexandra and buckeye lakes I went too...Yea man I love the Unita's here and Soap stone is a blast and fun place to camp! Thanks!
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterjeep View Post
Always nice to see WK's out on the trail! Nice looking Jeep and glad to see you're having fun with it.
Hey thanks man, the wife was no too happy when I got back with it but I did not spend all this money for it o sit!! ...lol! I plan on occasional wheeling on the weekends nothing crazy just to have fun plus the wife wants to learn too.. I wanted a Rubicon she wanted a Grand so this was the in-between...Women!
Unread 08-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #6
Wasatchwk2
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland_HO View Post
Hi,

I went up to spring canyon across from the Provo and wheeled to most of the lakes up their, I believe it was Alexandra and buckeye lakes I went too...Yea man I love the Unita's here and Soap stone is a blast and fun place to camp! Thanks!
Spring canyon is a very fun place as well! My brother and I went hunting up there last year. A lot of fun.
Unread 08-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
Jpiwonski
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland_HO
Hi All,

Got bored over the weekend and decided to take the dogs up to one of the many lakes in the Uinta’s Mtn. Range here in Utah and see how this Jeeps performs. I have 4-wheeled over the past many years, have had built Tacoma's and Jeep's, Overland, TJ. I have to admit I was a little skeptical about the off rood capability with this Jeep and no solid axles like I am used to. I was highly impressed with the way this vehicle handled off road, rocks, sand and also some mud the QuadraLift and QuadraDrive and those Goodyear’s were just awesome, the Jeep did not even spin/slip a tire and I was going over some pretty rough terrain, mainly small rocks/boulders Our intent for this Jeep was not as a solid off roader as we have 4wheelers also but for the wife to drive and perhaps go out on the weekends for some fun and camping, etc. I will know how it performs in Moab next month when we head down to the Cabin we stay at, we dont get crazy probably just do poison spider and fins'n'things. Few Pictures below:
Look fun. Always good to have proof the wk2s can go off road. My father in law was skeptical when I got mine
Jpiwonski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #8
kkreit01

Very nice. Thanks for the pics. The Trailhawk is my favorite model (next to SRT of course). My local dealer still has a '13 red Trailhawk @ $6K off sticker. If only....
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkreit01 View Post
Very nice. Thanks for the pics. The Trailhawk is my favorite model (next to SRT of course). My local dealer still has a '13 red Trailhawk @ $6K off sticker. If only....
Hi,

Thats the main reason I got this one, I got 8K off the sticker price and Jeep says no more trailhawks in the Grand after 13, it will be offered in the new Cherokee's though which is just dumb IMO...And agreed so far this and the old 5.9 are my Fav.'s. I am trying to dig up an older 5.9 to restore and play with...Found a couple here but they were trashed..
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #10
goin2drt
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkreit01 View Post
They will go lower. I got mine for $11K off sticker. It was the last one. Another dealer was going to match that. I just got mine 2 months ago or so.
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
They will go lower. I got mine for $11K off sticker. It was the last one. Another dealer was going to match that. I just got mine 2 months ago or so.
Sounds like a good deal!
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
kkreit01

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Very nice price! You can see those kind of discounts on CC Rams, but never Grand Cherokees around here. Of course the sticker on the Trailhawk here is >$47K, so it's as much as some Overlands. At that price, they can afford a heavy discount.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #13
Chucko
2013 WK 

I picked up a white 2013 Trailhawk with a Hemi last week. Price marked down to 40k from 47k.
Chucko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #14
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

When I was shopping trailhawks I was looking at a V6 with no sunroof. I think they were quoting me 37,500 which was invoice minus hold back and 500 rebate (MSRP was about 42 I think). I was able to get a '14 ltd with ORA2 and towing pckg and things like Nav for 38K (Nav extra 500--which was not on the trailhawk I was looking at and Nav could NOT be added without changing out the headunit $$$$).

A '14 ltd with ORA II has everything a trailhawk has minus the rock rails, Nav add on, better back up camera, better radio, etc, not to mention depreciation of a '13 vs '14. Now some could argue that since the trailhawk is a ltd edition there may be some incr resale? OTOH there are a bunch out there on dealer lots that no one is buying.

I was not willing to bite at a price that did not include some depreciation factor, they would not budge

Both are great rides and I would be very happy in a trailhawk too I'm sure
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #15
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucko View Post
I picked up a white 2013 Trailhawk with a Hemi last week. Price marked down to 40k from 47k.
Congrat's! Good to see more Trailhawk owners out and about!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.