Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Traded my 2013 for a 2013... Yup I went crazy!

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Daycruiser 
#1 ·
So I had my 2013 Black V6 Limited about 6 weeks and just traded it in yesterday. I came across a 2013 Black Hemi Limited with Luxury II package and was thinking about making the switch. Well with all the threads on the various engines I must say my V6 was very impressive. I still can't believe how well it pulled such a heavy SUV. Sure it had to downshift a lot but even doing 60-70 on the highway when the gas was pressed it would still pull to 80 with a lot left. Anyway my curiosity and crazy thinking got the best of me, that and I really want the LuxII package from the beginning and was to impatient to wait for one. I must say the Hemi is definitely a little more fun to drive and sounds great! Mpg does suck though! However there's only 26 miles on the dash so it's not even broken in yet.i love the lux package features and so far I'm happy with the decision. Perhaps my impatient thinking got the best of me again with the 2014 refresh around the corner I may have just been able to get into that, however with the prices and rebates now I can't complain and got into the model I wanted for a great price. I got such a great price on my V6 that it helped this trade from really burning me. And I somehow ended up with another black one despite my efforts to get something easier to maintain. I'm my own worst enemy but it does look great when clean. Just threw some blackfire wet diamond on today and its looking good. Well that's it for my rant thought I would share. I have never done something like this and traded in a brand new car after only a few weeks but i think it worked out ok.

See less See more
#5 ·
Lol well I'm glad im not alone. This jeep forum is like a support group for people who spend too much money on their jeeps. I actually didn't take to much of a hit. And the dealer I went to really wanted my car, he said there were no 2013 V6 Limiteds around at all, he had a bunch of hemis and he was willing to blow one out to get the v6.

#9 ·
Congrats!.

I hope you enjoy your new ride.

I'm worried I might do the same when the new diesel shows up.

I mean, if I'm getting an oil change and I walk in the show room and see a 2014 Mineral Grey Limited WK2 with 8 inch info-tainment screen, 3.0 VM Diesel,Start - stop technology,8 speed transmission and Summit package I'm pulling the trigger and taking the hit.

Taking the hit with a smile for sure.

Well I'll only do it if the Diesel sounds as good as the Hemi.

#11 ·
Congrats!.

I mean, if I'm getting an oil change and I walk in the show room and see a 2014 Mineral Grey Limited WK2 with 8 inch info-tainment screen, 3.0 VM Diesel,Start - stop technology,8 speed transmission and Summit package I'm pulling the trigger and taking the hit.

Same here ...

#10 ·
LibGrandCher said:
Congrats!.

Well I'll only do it if the Diesel sounds as good as the Hemi.
I Say do it! The diesel is going to kill it , also where the pics at ?? Personally if I see a Alpine srt8 ill gladly take a huge hit again :) seeing how only 400 are being made, ill leave it up to luck them maybe one will show up in my mountain town +)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.