Towing - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Towing

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #16
toymandarrell

Just bought the V 8 Loredo 4X4 with tow package. Last weekend we towed our 4500 lbs Outback travel trailer and all the gear with no problems. I did need to buy extended mirrors to see around the trailer. I use a heavy duty hitch with weight dist bars etc. I also had new electric brake control installed on my Jeep..

Jeep did great!!! Lots of power!

toymandarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #17
mtndriver
2012 WK 

Mirror & trailer weight question for U-Haul trailer

I will be pulling a 6x12' U-Haul cargo trailer (dual axle) for 700 miles end of the month. The width of the trailer box is 6' and wondering if the mirrors on my 2012 GJ Overland 5.7 will be sufficient or need auxiliary mirrors? I towed a 4' wide U-Haul awhile back and normal mirrors were ok but 6', I don't know?

Also the total weight of trailer and its load will be around 4500 lbs. Probably have 300 lbs. in the GJ vehicle with my weight and cargo. Will this total load be a problem? Will be crossing the Continental Divide in CO at 10,500 ft. but then mostly downhill and plains on I-70 to Kansas City. Thanks.
mtndriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #18
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

Well short of the 7200lb limit, but this is a live load that actually moves around. I'm just under 5K with both horses loaded. Techonsha P3 brake controller...plug 'n play.

Unread 04-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #19
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtndriver View Post
I will be pulling a 6x12' U-Haul cargo trailer (dual axle) for 700 miles end of the month. The width of the trailer box is 6' and wondering if the mirrors on my 2012 GJ Overland 5.7 will be sufficient or need auxiliary mirrors? I towed a 4' wide U-Haul awhile back and normal mirrors were ok but 6', I don't know?

Also the total weight of trailer and its load will be around 4500 lbs. Probably have 300 lbs. in the GJ vehicle with my weight and cargo. Will this total load be a problem? Will be crossing the Continental Divide in CO at 10,500 ft. but then mostly downhill and plains on I-70 to Kansas City. Thanks.
I moved a daughter and a couple roommates about 500 miles using the largest U-Haul trailer, stuffed full. Didn't notice it was there except for the occasional rattle from the trailer. You could see the sides in the mirrors but did not block much. You will need a drop hitch to bring the top of the ball to about 18 inches.

I saved some cash by returning the trailer instead of renting one way, and found the trailer rattles annoyingly when empty. They seem to have a lot of play in their surge brake hitch. Don't think I'll do that again.
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #20
robertrichhart
2014 WK 

Just drove our 2014 GCO to the Smokey Mountains pulling an enclosed trailer hauling two 800 lb motorcycles. The 5.7 has no problem at all pulling the load up the mountains and handles very well on the highway pulling this load. Very happy as a new Jeep owner again!
robertrichhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #21
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

Here's what we tow with our 2008 CRD.

NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.