Tire-Wheel Fitment Reports and Summary - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Tire-Wheel Fitment Reports and Summary

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thi

Unread 10-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Tire-Wheel Fitment Reports and Summary

If you fitted tires other than the OEM size or fitted non OEM wheels, post the fitment results here and include the following information:

Tires Size; Tire Brand/model; Wheel brand/model; Wheel offset/backspace/width; Lift size or QL; Wheel Spacer; Rub/No Rub; Modifications, Spare well fit. Add any install notes and advice. A photo if you have one. If you are fitting non OEM wheels, mention if you have HD or STD brakes. Also mention if you've driven in mild or challenging off road conditions.

We will update the fitment summary tables below as reports come in.

All other posts will be deleted but feel free to discuss and ask questions in other tire/wheel threads. Ask questions here too, but every once in awhile we'll go through and clean up the thread, so don't be upset that your post gets removed.

In general tires less than 32.1 inch can be made to fit without modification. Common "easy" mods to fit larger tires are folding over the pinch weld (see the modification sticky thread for instructions), removing the front fender air dam, trimming the felt fender liner and screwing it down tight, and using wheel spacers. Adding a lift or leveling kit is more difficult.

OEM wheels have a 56mm offset. A nice tire/wheel size comparison tool is here: http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp Many reports do not mention HD or STD brakes, so beware of using 17s with HD brakes.

The dark gray boxes in the table below highlight Stock sizes. Note that the dimensions in this table are tire standards, there is wide variety between brands and models, so always check the manufacture's spec sheet. For example; 275/65R18's on OEM rims seems to often fit without any mods, but others report rubbing. Not all 275/65R18s are the same size, Nittos have a tendency to run small and fit well where other brands run larger and rub.

Tire/Wheel Fitment Summary; Updated January 24, 2015

wheel-tire-table-17in-j.jpg   wheel-tire-table-18in-j1.jpg   wheel-tire-table-18in-j2.jpg   wheel-tire-table-18in-j3.jpg   wheel-tire-table-20in-j.jpg  

wheel-tire-table-20in-j2.jpg  
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

This post is a placeholder reserved for future use.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
polizei

Pro-Comp 18x8 7089's, -6mm offset, 4.75" backspacing

Nitto Terra Grappler's LT275/65/18 (32.01" OD)

RRO 2.5" lift

Mods: Pinch Weld bent, and Air Dams removed

Note* Pro-Comp wheels require Pro-Comp Lugs. Tires protrude from the fenders approximately 2".

Unread 10-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #4
ccie-ar
2014 WK 

Stock 18-Inch x 8-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
Nitto Terra Grappler's 275/65/18
No issues at all
ccie-ar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #5
FreeJersey
2014 WK 

Michelin ltx ms2. 275/55R20 on 20" gloss black Overland wheels (same dimensions as stock 20's). 1.25" Bora spacers. Had an occasional rub on dips at high speed and off road. No rubbing at all with the RRO Leveling Kit, with or without spacers.
FreeJersey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #6
JeepingNet
2008 JK Wrangler 

LT275/65r18 duratrac on JK Sahara 18 inch rims with no problems on my 2011 Overland

These rims are a great option because they are nearly given away by JK owners.
First picture is normal ride hight and second is OR2
275-65r18-003.jpg   275-65r18-004.jpg  
JeepingNet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2014, 07:43 AM   #7
JeepingNet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckendros View Post
Those Rims do look awesome. Would you mind posting a side shot so i can see the offset next to the fender flares. i was thinking about picking up a set of these for my 2011 and powder coating them black first. maybe 2 tone. Great looking ride.

Colorado Chris
I also was going to power coat them black but linking the colour now... Here is a shot of the tire front the front and rear on a cold morning.. You can see the tires don't really stick out at all.

I do get a little rub when in park mode and fully turn the wheel it makes slight slight contact with the inner fenders. Noticed it while backing up the trailer last night.
img_1961.jpg

img_1962.jpg

JeepingNet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #8
hemispin
2014 WK 

I'm running 20x9 Fuel Maverick wheels with + 20mm offset. Tires are 275/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, about 32" diameter. No rubbing unless in park mode with the steering wheel cranked all the way to one side. It will go lock to lock in standard height mode without rubbing, which leads me to believe the set up will work on non-air suspension models. Road noise is slightly higher than stock, but it's a barely noticeable difference. The noise is reduced on some road surfaces. I've noticed a loss of about 2-3 mpg according to the EVIC, but that was also at the same time I reinstalled the roof rack. Mileage may go up after I remove the basket, we'll see. I'm not too worried about it.

hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2015, 04:21 PM   #9
plasticgunz

2013 Limited, OEM polished 18", Firestone Destination AT 275/65 R18. No issues on the street/snow. No offroad to comment on.
plasticgunz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2015, 09:08 AM   #10
dfeivelson
2013 WK 

I put the Eibach All Terrain Lift on my 2013 WK2 Laredo (2" in front, 1/2" in the rear), got some new wheels 17" x 8.5" 5-127.00 (1/2" wider and slight offset from stock wheels), and wanted to go up one size from the stock tire (from 245/70-17 to 255/70-17), but the larger tires were very close to the wheel well and would have rubbed when the suspension compressed, so I stuck with the stock tire size.
dfeivelson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #11
dfeivelson
2013 WK 

Here's some pics:
img_0292.jpg

img_0293.jpg

img_0294.jpg

img_0295.jpg

dfeivelson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #12
listonb
2014 WK 

2014 WK2 with QL
Tires Size: 255/75/17
Tire Brand: Duratrac

Wheel brand/model: Rubicon Wheels
Wheel offset/backspace/width: none
Lift size or QL: QL (Works fine in all OR and Park modes but really reeally really close on the park mode.)
Wheel Spacer: None
Rub/No Rub: No Rub
No Rub in all modes (but I wouldn't drive in QL Park mode as its REALLLLY close)

listonb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2015, 10:07 AM   #13
ferntree

2014 WK 

Factory Overland wheels with Cooper AT3s 265 65 18. Perfect fit, and spare fits in with the plastic buckets intact.
img_0345-1-.jpg  
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #14
GCBurt

2015 WK 

Factory Overland wheels with Nokian Rotiiva 265/60R18's in QL park. No rubbing in any QL mode. Surprisingly quiet - I can't hear much difference from the Michelin LATS they replaced.
tire-crpd.jpg  

2015 GC Overland, Deep Cherry with Brown/Light Frost interior, 3.0L Diesel, Block Heater, AT, OR2, Nokian Rotiiva shoes, Weather Tech Floor Liners and air deflectors, Mopar mud flaps. JeepEcoDieselFIX
GCBurt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2015, 05:04 PM   #15
G-mahn

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I swapped out the factory tires when I took delivery. Had them put on 275-65/18 Goodyear Wrangler Adventure Kevlar on the factory wheels. Have QL and zero rubs even with the suspension in the down position. I really like these tires on the street, very grippy in the wet and not at all noisy. I haven't gotten any miles yet on trails.
2015-04-24-15.32.56.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.