Tire Wearing - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Tire Wearing

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #16
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
Now bubba before you do these alignments you make sure the vehicle has half a tank of gas at least and then you weight the driver's seat to approximate the weight of any average male right? I prefer to have my alignments done with me in the drivers seat but thats just a bad habit from being a crew chief when I did alignments at the track. Didnt need a $40K alignment system etc. Always had my track day cars aligned with me in it.

Might be interesting some day to check the corner weights of my GC.
Not required on most vehicles,now added weight is required on most BMW's,Mercedes,and vehicles of simliar class.If you look at the specs on most it already takes into effect drivers weight(camber) and road crown(catser).Now for those drivers that tip the scale at 300lbs+ it is adviseable to have them sit in the vehicle when aligning but that ussually tends to piss them off,more so if there a woman, and you get a buttchewing from higher up on the complaint they just submitted for harrasment.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.