? for those who did magnaflo catback - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > ? for those who did magnaflo catback

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO 8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for JeepsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
Kens14ovlnd

? for those who did magnaflo catback

I have a question for those who have the 3.6L and added the magnaflo catback exhaust:
how has it been since break in?
Any pros or cons?
How is the drone if any?
Seen any improvements acceleration wise?
Anyone just bought the resonators, muffler and x-pipe instead of the whole catback system?

I just purchased a maximum steel 2014 overland with the v6, im coming from an 09 Dodge ram with Hemi which had a magnaflo so im still getting used to less sound and performance but overall im really liking the jeep...especially at the gas pump. I have been doing a lot of reading and searching but any insight you could give would be very helpful.

imag0199.jpg  
Kens14ovlnd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
Kens14ovlnd

Anyone???
Unread 12-22-2014, 09:17 PM   #3
PipesTA

I can't speak for the 3.6 but I have it on my '11 with the 5.7. The drone on the highway is pretty bad, I ended up turning off the MDS with my tuner. Nice quiet sound at idle and it's got a nice little bark to it when you're into the throttle, not overpowering with the sound. If you can get past the drone (with most catbacks for these vehicles) I'd say go for it.
'95 T/A, few doo-dads ;)
PipesTA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2014, 12:16 AM   #4
WaterDoc
2012 WK 

Here is my $0.02 for what its worth (and I guess not that much)...I have never heard an after-market exhaust on a V-6 that sounded worth a crap. So before I would spend a penny on it, I would want to hear one first.
WaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #5
jimb0JP

For anyone considering an aftermarket catback for the 5.7, I HIGHLY recommend the Corsa system...It has absolutely NO drone running in or out of the ECO mode, is as quiet as the OEM system when cruising, but is definitely authoritative sounding when you get on it. Coupled with a CAI it really sounds muscular.
jimb0JP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #6
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDoc View Post
Here is my $0.02 for what its worth (and I guess not that much)...I have never heard an after-market exhaust on a V-6 that sounded worth a crap. So before I would spend a penny on it, I would want to hear one first.
Yeah, one has to like a V6 sound. The ones I had on my old TR6 and 325i sounded pretty good... but those were I6s and thats an entirely different type of car. Some here recommend just getting rid of the OEM muffler and have a shop run pipes. Swap mufflers until you find one that sounds good to you. Sound is so subjective.

Doing a search for "V6 Exhaust Sound" turned up a few installs.

Jackal01 put a gibson on his and then modified it:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...l#post15157059

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...-w-v6-2059201/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...l#post19942401
Unread 12-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
Kens14ovlnd

Thanks for the links however it said the video was private when I tried to watch it. It would have like to have heard the Gibson.
I have found a few videos of the magnaflo although it's really hard to tell how it will be in person. I'm really more interested in the acceleration improvements etc.... I really loved the magnaflo on my ram but of course that was with the hemi. I know I don't won't it that loud but I would like a bit more sound and but mostly better throttle response.
Unread 12-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #8
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

You won't find any difference in performance with a cat back, although it will sound faster. Best way to get performance is via a tuner.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.