Things to change - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Things to change

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #16
padgett
2012 WK 

Do some people have different dashes ? I have no trouble with colors in other cars but WK2 is impossible to see with sunglasses on. Heck it is not easy just in bright sunlight. Does yours look like this :

One of these is a diesel.

Unread 03-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
Justal13
2012 WK 

Yes, I agree that the pod placements vs the steering wheel size is not great. But like you, I have my EVIC set on MPH speedo mode and acually prefer to use the digital readout rather than the poorly placed analog speed to the right.

Actually, I am not crazy about the smooth leather and lack of finger grips on the back of the steering wheel. The wheel is a bit slippery at times. and shows every sweaty or greasy fingerprint. I am concerned that it is going to show wear over time.

Every other vehicle that I have had with leather wheel used a patterned, perforated or pebble-grained cover. And I have never had a car with out some contouring on the wheel -either finger-grips on the rear of the wheel or something at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions.

As far as glare, the GC is average to better than most cars I have owned or drive rentals on a regular basis. Adding a satin finished clear protector to my 430N radio/media center helped a lot with the glare and made it easier to see in bright daylight and cut down finger-printing quite a bit.

These minor annoyance points on an over-all great vehicle IMHO. Best luck.
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #18
Syndicate
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
Do some people have different dashes ? I have no trouble with colors in other cars but WK2 is impossible to see with sunglasses on. Heck it is not easy just in bright sunlight. Does yours look like this :
Mines the same. The needles are impossible to see, like others said, I just set the EVIC to show MPH. How did the Human Factors guy miss out on this one? They must have been doing all night driving or living in Seattle.

I wonder if some of these "issues" / "features" can be coded out? In my car I coded in/out many features by using a OBDII-usb cable and some software like NCSExpert, INPA, etc.
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
WvTaco
2011 WK 

maybe mine wont show digital speed when in the Race gear it says something about the sensors.

no problem seeing it either.

raise your wheel up some its too low.
WvTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #20
padgett
2012 WK 

Am wondering if there was a change in dashes at some point, does everyone's look like mine (above) or are some different ?

BTW mine shows MPH in R NP. Not even negative, is just counting pulses.

Unread 03-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #21
Unbalanced
1986 CJ7 

How about a freakin' VOLTMETER???
"Temporarily Detained" maybe, but ~never~ stuck...
Unbalanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #22
padgett
2012 WK 

All you need is a scan tool & plug. http://www.amazon.com/ElmScan-Compact-OBD-II-Diagnostic-Software/dp/B002PYBZJO/ref=sr_1_3if you have a laptop.

Unread 03-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #23
Unbalanced
1986 CJ7 

Yeah, like ~that's~ convenient...

BTW, I've got an AutoEnginuity...

I'm just surprised that this thing has so much great technology, yet they chose not to provide any means for verifying battery voltage.

Weird.
"Temporarily Detained" maybe, but ~never~ stuck...
Unbalanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #24
padgett
2012 WK 

Seems to be a Chrysler thing. At least there is a temperature guage. BITD GM gave you an ammeter but no temp guage. Guess they figure the MIL icon is "enough". Might be a Dodge or Chrysler cluster that is more legible and shows other things.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.