I really like my Jeep (nothing worse than a convert) but there are a few items it would be nice if the factory could address:
1) Change contrast on gauge needles. Many people just cannot see with sunglasses on (see other thread).
2) Make "Cruise Control" ON
a user selectable default rather than having to select each time the engine is started. Better, put latch in EVIC and move button off the wheel entirely (see 3 - I keep hitting the on-off by accident).
3) Put dots on front steering wheel buttons or make concave/convex like ones on rear. Is dangerous having to look at wheel each time I change the EVIC when all feel the same so can see Speed or coolant temp with sunglasses on (see #1)
4) Does it really need to take at least 4 (sometimes more) button pushes to switch from MPH to Coolant temp on the EVIC ? I can display the major engine parameters (tach, oil press, coolant temp, batt voltage) on my '88 Reatta's CRT with one button.
5) Make the reciculation on the a/c latching. As a non-smoker in Florida during the 100 days of summer, max a/c with recirc needs to come on with the engine, particularly if starting remotely.
6) Make the service and wiring manuals available to owners. Jeeps are often in places without dealers or even tow trucks close by. I have them for all of my other cars including the RV.
7) Make the "4 inch oval tubular side rail with steps" usuable by someone with a shoe side larger than a 4.
Must say my first month has been trouble free and these are more annoyances than anything else but with the people Jeep is trying to attract, it is the annoyances that will lose sales (and not being able to read the instruments easily is IMNSHO a safety issue).
Anyone have others ? These are just mine in the first month.
One of these is a diesel.